PDA

View Full Version : Bad Mood!!!!

Smokey
13-08-2010, 13:28
So i changed my fuel filter, nice easy job took 10 mins once finished it started to rain so i went in the house. Went to go to the gym and the car ran like a bag of s**t and wouldnt idle turned the idle screw and got it to idle at like 1500rpm:eek:.

Rang Ianm for some advice, double checked id put it on the right way, and i had and checked i had fuel to the carb so knowing this i took her for a spin with a some boosting to hopefully clear any crap out.

This didnt so i put fresh fuel in and sprayed carb cleaner up the lobster to clean any more crap out this still hasnt fixed my problem and I am in the worst mood ever.:mad:

Mat

Big Steve - Raider
13-08-2010, 13:30
Idle jet on the side of the carb is blocked i guess.

Big Brass screw on the side of the carb. Undo it & remove the idle jet, give it a blow & some carb cleaner then refit & report back! ;)

Scoff
13-08-2010, 14:59
as steve says. whenever you disrupt the fuel system you stand a chance of getting crud into the carburettor. since the idle jet is the smallest jet, that blocks first ;) clean it out and re-set your CO.

Smokey
13-08-2010, 15:30
All sorted now, thanks for the replies.

After pulling up after driving round trying to see if it wuld clear up i came on here and had my rant, i spoke to IANM and he said to come down i was on my way to see him when the car wasnt kangerooing i pulled over and adjusted the idle back down got so far and the car cured itself. :)

I was really pissed off the day before National day as well, the only downside now is i havent been able to clean her an its pissing down with rain, but atleast i can still bring her.

Thanks Ianm

d6n
13-08-2010, 15:47
you going on the track?

Smokey
13-08-2010, 16:56
Dout it i wouldnt wana break my baby.

J8TRO
13-08-2010, 18:54
Wimp...................:p..............i'll break it for you :D