PDA

View Full Version : turbo timer???

paulsurrey
12-08-2010, 19:31
hi,thinking about getting a turbo timer,dont wanna spend a shed load,so wondering whats a decent one to get thats not too expensive??also how difficult are they to fit? would i be able to do it myself,or would i need a auto electrition to do it?cheers:smokin:

The new Bill J
12-08-2010, 20:18
They're a bit of a gimmicky waste of time/money, and it's actually illegal to have your car running while there's no one in it :scared:

Just drive the last few mins of your journey nice and steady. Pull up, leave it running for a few seconds while you gather your stuff, take your belt off, then turn off the engine :cool:

To change the subject, I was following you down Dorking High Street/South Street the other lunchtime in Pat 1. Your car looks pretty nice :agree:

I also saw the red Honda Civic in front of you that couldn't make up it's mind which lane it was in :cartman:

dangerous dave
12-08-2010, 20:23
dont bother, while sitting still your cars gonna be getting hotter and hotter with zero airflow going through the rad or oil cooler if you have one.. so the car will be getting more hot and bothered..

just take the last few minutes of your journey easy letting the car rest, 1 minute outide ya house while you get your sh1t together and then turn it off.. your turbo should have spun down, oil will have flowed, the oils cooler and waters cooler than if you sat there for 5 minutes on idle.. if you propper propper reamed the car for ages why sit outside someones house pi55ing them off or next door as the car chugs away.. thats a quick way to get your car smashed up:disagree:

turbo timers are tuner bullsh1t really, i'd rather be the judge of it than buy more cr@p

The new Bill J
12-08-2010, 21:11
I took a call mid post as well. I must just type faster than you :cooter:

paulsurrey
13-08-2010, 00:16
ok,i wont bother then and just leave it for a min when i park up like i have been doing:agree:yeah i sometimes just go for a drive from guildford out to dorking,nice little drive on some bendy roads:Dwhats pat 1:scratch:

jesus in the seat of a 5
13-08-2010, 07:54
ok,i wont bother then and just leave it for a min when i park up like i have been doing:agree:yeah i sometimes just go for a drive from guildford out to dorking,nice little drive on some bendy roads:Dwhats pat 1:scratch:

his trusty steed whilst doing the rounds....:laugh: {post van}

The new Bill J
13-08-2010, 08:21
his trusty steed whilst doing the rounds....:laugh: {post van}

:agree:

I don't know about Trusty. They're mobile heaps :D

PAT 1 =

http://www.postmantoys.co.uk/products/postman-pat-van1.jpg

paulsurrey
13-08-2010, 11:21
o right got ya pat 1 ;)so you were the post van edging to come out in dorking?but i thought dont wanna be stuck behind that :cooter:

The new Bill J
13-08-2010, 11:34
o right got ya pat 1 ;)so you were the post van edging to come out in dorking?but i thought dont wanna be stuck behind that :cooter:

Errm, yep :D

I was going to give you a wave, but I thought you might think I was some sort of nutter (I am, but we'll ignore that :laugh: )

Trust me, when I'm in Pat 1, Jenson Button will struggle to keep up :devil:

paulsurrey
13-08-2010, 11:45
i seem to get a few people waving at me out that way,surprised me how much attention i get in my 5.only had it for about 4 months now and its my first,but wanted one ever since my mates dad brought a tungy brand new when i was about 11,and took us to milford club to play pool,then took us home down the back roads and from that second i wanted one,but when i look back now there was two 11 year olds and a 8 year old in a gt turbo at night with a half pissed bloke behind the wheel flying down country roads :eek::dearme:

dangerous dave
13-08-2010, 18:34

its the best way running the car down on the road:agree:

if theres anything you see and think about buying, come on here and people will put you right, some stuffs a waste of money, some stuff good if it floats ya boat and other stuffs just awesome..

group a = waste

ktec bumpers = it if floats your boat

bms pipes, new oe dial faces, etc = awesome:agree::smokin:

Josie172cup
13-08-2010, 20:00
there is a turbo timer on mine but tbh its just a novelty that you dont need. i think iv used it once, just to try it.

like the folks before me said just calm it down a bit before you get to where your going.

mike r5 gtt
13-08-2010, 21:33
as said there a waste of time!
theres one fitted to the car i bought last week that started overheating so when i wanted to turn it off asap the timer kept it running :devil:

paulsurrey
14-08-2010, 14:48
ok il bin the idea of one then:laugh: