PDA

View Full Version : not charging???

leesaunders1981
11-08-2010, 10:31
hi, my alternator is not charging?? i have have a brand new loom and have checked the wires are in the right way round, i have no feed at the yellow wire and have no battery light at all even when i turn ignition on, all my earths are ok. does anyone no where the yellow wire gets its feed from?? cheers

Markey Mark (BD)
11-08-2010, 15:19
Check the other end of the plug near the header tank mate (car loom), make sure you got 12v coming through it when the cars running.

Also check the main red 12v wire from the starter, make sure thats still intact and not broken.

Danboi2
11-08-2010, 15:36
I had the same problem drove me crazy, in the end i put a new wire straight from the alternator to the instrument clock because i could not find the break and didnt wanna take the dash out again

leesaunders1981
11-08-2010, 17:52
Hi I've checked wire for feed at the harness under header tank but don't have anything?? Any ideas? Cheers lee

Markey Mark (BD)
11-08-2010, 17:58
Ok cool, the other end of the connector of that section of loom is under the kick panel on the passenger side mate worth checking it there too so you can eliminate the section of loom.

Worth checking all the connectors that the wire goes through knowing what renault wiring is like.

leesaunders1981
11-08-2010, 20:04
where does it get its feed from mate ??

Markey Mark (BD)
11-08-2010, 20:20
where does it get its feed from mate ??

I can't rememebr where exactly, going to be an ignition source from under the dash somewhere most prob the fuse box area.
Might be worth looking at the haynes manual at the wiring diagrams to see where it comes from.

Worth checking the plugs though too, can be a bad connection if both 12v feed and bat light have gone.