PDA

View Full Version : Weekend fun

RussellT
10-08-2010, 16:08
:eek::cry::sad2::scratch:;):D:cool:

Or to put another way....

Doris ate the tyre wall on Sat but came back to taste glory on Sunday!

sorry no film of the crash which was a big one. trying to cut a corner I turned in too early and drove straight off the track in 3rd gear :eek:

I skimmed off one tyre wall and caried on for another 30yrds and slammed into another set of tyres :cry:

My new front spliter gave its life protecting the front of the car and only the plastic bits and wings were damaged.:sad2:

back in the paddock fellow sprinters set to with duck tape and cable ties :scratch:

I managed to drive home but could I play on Sunday?

Using father in laws tools I fixed the timing strut and drilled more holes for it. ;)

Back at the circuit I went faster all day but way off the top pace until the last run. Boost turned up shocks on stiff I took the class by 0.02 of a second :D. Allbeit from a 1400 106 who had gone up a weight for some competition.

I have loaded one pre crash film onto YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUVJQUeG2e8

Tony Walker
10-08-2010, 22:55
i love the way the camera leans as you take the corners lol, like watching superbikes. Also what was that ball that rolled underneath your clutch and almost your brake pedal near the end???????

Slim
10-08-2010, 23:02
well done :agree:

TrixNFlix
10-08-2010, 23:15
i love the way the camera leans as you take the corners lol, like watching superbikes. Also what was that ball that rolled underneath your clutch and almost your brake pedal near the end???????

It was mr mole! :D

RussellT
11-08-2010, 09:17
The camera lean is due to the vibration from the kerb ripping the base plate of my video camera poor old thing.

Mr Mole is going to get a velcro Brazilian :ashamed:

RussellT
18-10-2010, 16:59
finished the season with 2 class wins leaving me with a 3rd place overall in the LDMC championship barring any protests etc :cool:

Its been quite a year with rules confusion and controvesey running all the way through to the last event. Ive had a lose inlet manifold, various boost leaks mysterious misfires a massive acident, rebuild, new head followed by new altenator at the last minute and a real doubt I would even get to Anglesey let alone complete the 2 events and get home, talk about optomistic.

And Ive won £150 :D

*Yellow*
19-10-2010, 08:34
finished the season with 2 class wins leaving me with a 3rd place overall in the LDMC championship barring any protests etc :cool:

Its been quite a year with rules confusion and controvesey running all the way through to the last event. Ive had a lose inlet manifold, various boost leaks mysterious misfires a massive acident, rebuild, new head followed by new altenator at the last minute and a real doubt I would even get to Anglesey let alone complete the 2 events and get home, talk about optomistic.

And Ive won £150 :D

Well done Russ:)

The ups and downs of motorsport........nice to finish to the season with 2 wins.

RussellT
19-10-2010, 12:26
Thanks Clarky how did you do in your championship?

Chris Hebden
19-10-2010, 13:03
What championship do you run in Russel?

RussellT
19-10-2010, 16:42
Its the Longton and District MC Northern Speed Championship http://www.longton-dmc.co.uk/

Sprints and Hill climbs not races like Clarky

Alastair
19-10-2010, 17:05

Nice work, well done mate! What class regs do you come under? are you x1.7 for the turbo? And are you having to run a restrictor?

*Yellow*
19-10-2010, 17:19
Thanks Clarky how did you do in your championship?

TTRS is not classed as a championship, dont know why:confused:

We were at Silverstone at the weekend and also had a good day finishing both races 11th from 34 starters, and 2nd and 3rd in class.

Really enjoying racing with the big boys and the little Renault does ok:D

Brands in November......last race of the year:(

When you going to start racing then Russ?;)

RussellT
19-10-2010, 19:03
I would love to have a go Clarky but not sure I would finish many races :wasntme:

The guy who does a lot of work on my car was at Silverstone last WE helping with the GO PRO camera crew.

For speed events the capacity multiplier for a turbo is 1.4 and you can run any boost you like :D With the new head I was being careful as its an unknown entity and got up to 16psi at the manifold.

RussellT
19-10-2010, 19:06
Re regs its Blue book and the following :

Classes 1A to 1E

Tyres must be from MSA list 1A and be road legal
Exhaust systems must include a working catalytic converter on all cars
manufactured after 31st December 1999
Engine & Gearbox; The engine block &/or cylinder head must remain
as the original type and material. Internal modifications are allowed
but the cubic capacity must remain within the same capacity class as
the original car. Gearbox and differential casing must be of the
original type and material and remain in the original position. Internal
modifications are allowed.
Brakes; Brake calipers, discs, master cylinder & pads can be modified.
Carbon discs are not permitted. Modification of the brake pedal is
permitted. Brake bias adjustment is allowed. The fitting of pedal
assemblies is not permitted. Anti-Lock braking systems can be
removed but cannot be added to a vehicle that does not have one as a
manufacturers specified option.
Suspension; The suspension type and mountings must remain the same
as that fitted by the vehicle manufacturer. The shock absorbers may be
of any make and may be uprated from standard. Adjustable spring
platform struts are permitted. The mounting method and position must
remain as specified by the vehicle manufacturer. Springs are free but
must retain their original location. Bushes may be changed for similar
polymer materials, but rose-joints or similar metal joints are prohibited
unless fitted as the vehicle manufacturers’ specified option. The fitting
of spherical type joints is not permitted, except as the top mounting of
a suspension strut.
Pyrotechnic safety devices such as airbags and seatbelt pretensioners
may be disconnected or removed. Otherwise as specified in Section
S11, 2010 MSA Yearbook.
The requirements of the current MSA regulations with regards to
safety provisions for Sprint and Hillclimb cars and requirements of
Classes 1 A-E must be adhered to.

Woznaldo
19-10-2010, 22:06
That's a good result Russell. :agree: Gotta be happy with a podium spot overall considering your dramas?

Chris Hebden
20-10-2010, 13:57
How did you choose what championships to run in? Its something i would like to get into at a very beginning point but dont really know where to start unfortunately?

Cheers Chris

RussellT
20-10-2010, 22:28
Its easy Chris look at the MSA website put in your post code that will give you your nearest clubs and there is a how to get started section.

http://www.msauk.org/custom/asp/home/default.asp

Actualy Ive just looked at it and its not that helpful. To get started you need a car, a MSA competition licence a MSA afiliated motorclub membership. Helmet with fire resistant lining flame proof overalls gloves. The car needs a timing strut the earth marked yellow the on off poition of the ignition marked,

Then enter an event and off you go :)

There is a very good book called Hill climb and sprinting the essential manual. You can find them on Amazon.

http://www.veloce.co.uk/shop/products/productDetail.php?prod_id=V4103&prod_group=Cars%20Vans%20&%20Trucks&

RussellT
23-10-2010, 22:41
Photo of the last day coutesy of lambosport.co.uk