PDA

View Full Version : Turbo re-conditioning

5GTTurbo
09-08-2010, 18:59
Having whipped the turbo off im gonna get it re-conditioned.

By the looks of it, its a standard T2 and i'm most likely gonna get the work done with Turbo Developments which is not too far away from me.

Any one have any feedback regarding them?

I've been told it'd be £220 all-in for a re-con, but if it has a 360 degree thrust bearing (i've been researching and learning the terms and componants ;)) it'll cost an extra 100quid and total £320.

Opinions?...

Many Thanks

The new Bill J
09-08-2010, 19:03
.....i'm most likely gonna get the work done with Turbo Developments which is not too far away from me.

Any one have any feedback regarding them?

Be careful! One of the guys there (I think his name's Adolf, or Adam, or something) is a proper pikey. I wouldn't trust him with a cabbage, let alone something with moving parts, like a turbo :scared:

dangerous dave
09-08-2010, 19:08
i have to agree with bill there, but Adam wouldn't trust me near his curry as i'll just tuck in again..

i think my t28 was rebuild by them before i got it and that was spot on, then my current t28 was built by them too:)

car.crash
09-08-2010, 19:23
mine, daves, dan, logg have had our turbos built by them without problems and turbo ted gets his built on a weekly basis by them without issue.

Purple_rob
09-08-2010, 20:00
I was thinking about something similar on teh way home just now. where do you stand in geting your exact turbo back?. Im a bit anal like that :).

Wasnt there a chap on here that does the reconditioning?

GTphil
09-08-2010, 20:29
I sent mine off due to my car having a habit worse than bob marleys and they were extreamly honest and told me that the turbo wasn't to blame and sent it back to me with new/tidyed up water unions.

Honesty is the best policy! (most of the time;))

robbie506
09-08-2010, 20:36
sure "ADAM L" rebuilds turbos and i know he knows his stuff might be worth giving him a pm

car.crash
09-08-2010, 20:40
its the same firm that adam works at, you will get your exact turbo back too.

5GTTurbo
10-08-2010, 09:35
I'll go ahead with them then :agree:

When i took the turbo off there was no turbo to elbow or turbo to manifold gasket.

Is it ok to run without the gaskets and just renew the locking nuts?