PDA

View Full Version : Fuel dribbiling down centre of carb and lumpy idle

leesaunders1981
07-08-2010, 21:04
Hi, i ve just started my car up and seem to have a lumpy idle, i ve taken of the carb top and ran it up and can see a small dribble of fuel which seems to be coming out of the small bent brass tube?? is this normal? the carb has been serviced and is all cleaned out etc. engine also has a piper 285 cam in it if that will make any difference? cheers

SCHWARTZ
08-08-2010, 10:24
the little brass tube is the accelerator pump jet it should not dribble fuel, it should squirt it when the throttle is pressed. Have you set up the accelerator pump jet? there is an article on here how to do it somewhere.:scratch: Cam shouldnt make any dirrerence.

Jimmy_GTT
08-08-2010, 14:36
Hi, i ve just started my car up and seem to have a lumpy idle, i ve taken of the carb top and ran it up and can see a small dribble of fuel which seems to be coming out of the small bent brass tube?? is this normal? the carb has been serviced and is all cleaned out etc. engine also has a piper 285 cam in it if that will make any difference? cheers

Isn't it coming from under this small bent tube?
There should be an O ring on the accelarator pump jet body. If that is missing or not sealing properly than fuel can come out.

leesaunders1981
08-08-2010, 14:54
This problem seems to be sorted now and car is idling ok at about 1k, but is running very lean on idle??? afr is going of the scale 17s 18s..........

SCHWARTZ
08-08-2010, 15:18
adjust the idle mix screw.

SamBam
11-08-2010, 15:24
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I had this same problem. With mine it was the accelerator pump and i had to change its gasket/membrame.

grtz, Sam

Andrew Cooke
11-08-2010, 16:02
This problem seems to be sorted now and car is idling ok at about 1k, but is running very lean on idle??? afr is going of the scale 17s 18s..........

unlikely, I doubt the engine will run at all that lean. You might need to have a look at your sensor.