PDA

View Full Version : changing plugs

jpga1990
07-08-2010, 12:31
hi guys.

hate to be a pain and excuse me if i sound stupid. am i right in saying i just pop my leads off take old plugs out and just pop the new ones in and tighten up ?

never touched a set of plugs before can anyone just give me a little guide or info of the correct wat of doing it.

thanks for help guys much apreciated.

josh

JRP
07-08-2010, 12:37
Pop you leads off, the remove old plugs.

Check the gaps on the new plugs as per your haynes manual.

Pop them in and tighten up, BE careful when you pop them back as not to cross thread the holes, or bugger the head up.

If you take your time, you should be ok dude :)

jpga1990
07-08-2010, 12:40
thats the part i dont get. check the gaps? leads just pull off ?

JRP
07-08-2010, 12:43
Yep the leads just pull off, off the top of my head iam not sure what the spark gap should be, i frequently just put them in as they are, if they look close enough to what came out, but its not the correct advice, hence i said check the gap.

I'll do a quick search see if i can find the gaps for you

jpga1990
07-08-2010, 12:51
thanks for your help matey much apreciated so take the old ones out the new ones should be right really shouldnt they. then take care and tighten them up ? i have good leads on but startings abit iffy etc so think plugs might just help it along the way a little.

JRP
07-08-2010, 12:57
If startings iff could be a number of things, it will never hurt to change the plugs ;)

Have a gander through your haynes for the gaps i cany find them online, and my garage is too far away and its raining :cry: