PDA

View Full Version : Speedo and rev counter

adeel_gt
06-08-2010, 21:51
Hi, guys both my speedo and rev counter have stopped working. I have checked all the connections and seem ok the temp, fuel gauges both work as do the dash lights any other things I should check and does any one have a wiring diagram of the clocks.

Thanks Adeel

Woznaldo
07-08-2010, 01:52
Have a look t some of these wiring diagrams and check continuity everywhere.

http://www.rtoc.org/files/?path=Technical%20Files/Wiring%20diagrams/

IANMM
07-08-2010, 09:17
check all the connectors at the rear of the clocks.....mine are always shaking lose from the ride on the 5 :)

if you get stuck give me a shout mate and i will have a look for you

paulsurrey
07-08-2010, 13:15
my speedo stopped working so checked everything and all seemed fine.so i dissconnected the top half with the bottom half of the speedo sensor cable,just follow the cable from the clocks and will be a connetor usally on turbo side of engine bay near the header tank,a round black connector block.then cut the cable either side of the connector block and got rid of the connector block and just soldered the wires.did the job and was working fine,but after a few months its now 10mph too slow and everything seems fine,only thing i can think of now is the sensor has had it,so will get the bottom part of the speedo sensor cable and change it and see if it sorts it or not.but worth a try on yours mate see if it gets it working or not.every 5 iv been in has had something not working or not working properly on the clocks.hope this helps a bit:agree: