PDA

View Full Version : How much?

R5TURBORON
03-08-2010, 19:32
how much should i charge for a set of 5gtt alloys with centre caps and legal tyres

dangerous dave
03-08-2010, 20:34
the wheels themselves are ten a penny.. straight ones are harder to find, i went through ten to find 4 straight ones.. then theres tyres, are they worn on the edges etc, 1.6 is the limit so if you have 3 mm all round thats nothing as a new sets gonna cost 30-40 a tyre for something average, 50+ for something good like an r888 or yoko.. then theres the paint, and kerbing to take into account.. are they balanced or shaking,

i let a set go, paint was perfect, no kerbing, good tyres with loads of tread 6mm + for 70 or 80 quid..

poor tyres make them worthless as the new owner will be splashing out after a month.. if there runners maybe 50quid, but thats just what i think..

tiff_lee
03-08-2010, 21:10
the wheels themselves are ten a penny.. straight ones are harder to find, i went through ten to find 4 straight ones.. then theres tyres, are they worn on the edges etc, 1.6 is the limit so if you have 3 mm all round thats nothing as a new sets gonna cost 30-40 a tyre for something average, 50+ for something good like an r888 or yoko.. then theres the paint, and kerbing to take into account.. are they balanced or shaking,

i let a set go, paint was perfect, no kerbing, good tyres with loads of tread 6mm + for 70 or 80 quid..

poor tyres make them worthless as the new owner will be splashing out after a month.. if there runners maybe 50quid, but thats just what i think..

As I suspected, may as well have a go at weighing my set in then!

Matt Cole
04-08-2010, 13:18
Ron , i would leave them on.