PDA

View Full Version : Ren 11 Turbo . . Barn Find

Hobuleta
03-08-2010, 19:00
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Back from the living after a 12/13 year rest. I plan to keep it standard unless i can get my hands on a wide bodykit. . . Winning the lottery might be easier. The 11 is not in bad condition, with only having 4 keepers from new. Last owner went to USA for over 10 years and left quite a few cars in a barn, 2 of them being Renault 11 turbo's. One ph1 in black and a white ph2 in white, which my mate bought. I had a black ph1 18 years ago, which had the picnic shelf spoiler (i wish i still had it:cry:) and was an awesome car. If i can get this one anything like my previous one, i will be more than happy. Ive also had a ph2 Ren 11 in red / Ren 5 gt in Grey met and an excellent 21 turbo . . until i got banned . . whoops. My mate who bought the white 11 turbo from the barn used to work for Renault and has owned a GTA (non-Turbo) and a 18 turbo in black. Hoping to get both 11's on the road in the next couple of months :coffee:

Brigsy
03-08-2010, 19:51
Sounds good, ph1's are rare cars now. Get some pics up:)

Blick
03-08-2010, 23:28
looks a nice car man..... them the 2 off ebay not long back???

Hobuleta
04-08-2010, 00:12

looks a nice car man..... them the 2 off ebay not long back???

Yip, sure was. 2 Ren 11 turbos in one barn . . madness

Hobuleta
14-08-2010, 15:15

Hello all, Im wondering if anyone can help me. My n/s cv boot is split and leaking gear oil. I thought that there should only be grease in the cv boot, not gear oil or am i being stupid. heeeeeeeeeelp :cry:

Schakal
14-08-2010, 15:38

Hello all, Im wondering if anyone can help me. My n/s cv boot is split and leaking gear oil. I thought that there should only be grease in the cv boot, not gear oil or am i being stupid. heeeeeeeeeelp :cry:

if its the inner boot there will be gear oil but than you would not call
it a CV boot i guess

Hobuleta
14-08-2010, 15:54

if its the inner boot there will be gear oil but than you would not call
it a CV boot i guess

yeh, it is the inner boot that connects to the gearbox. Is the nearside inner cv boot special for the turbo ? Is ebay or motor factors the best place to pick one up ?

Schakal
14-08-2010, 16:11

yeh, it is the inner boot that connects to the gearbox. Is the nearside inner cv boot special for the turbo ? Is ebay or motor factors the best place to pick one up ?

yeah the one that connects the gearbox holds the gear oil .
you can pick it up from any renault that uses jb1 ,jb3 ,jc5 gearboxes .
thats more or less everything from at least 84 to 98-99 iirc :agree:

Hobuleta
09-05-2011, 23:58

Hi all... im having a nightmare putting pics on these threads. I think ive done it, so here goes :)

Hobuleta
10-05-2011, 00:09

more pics

Hobuleta
10-05-2011, 00:23

Renault 11 turbo, now comes with 12 months mot :) . It only took a lot a blood sweat and tears .. oh and deep pockets. There are still loads of things to do like the bodywork and various other bits, so im not cracking open the champagne just yet.

Hobuleta
10-05-2011, 23:42

Hmmm, need to remove the exhaust drain pipes me thinks. . and get a proper turbo badge for the rear . . and source 2 orginal 11 turbo alloys as i have 2 already awaiting refurb. Does anyone have any? :) ... oh and a rear parcel shelf in lovely beige.

Big Steve - Raider
10-05-2011, 23:53
New poster! (less than 10 posts) . and get a proper turbo badge for the rear ... oh and a rear parcel shelf in lovely beige.

I've got an 11 Parcel Shelf in Grey you can have for a few quid. Needs a bit of TLC & probably re-covering in some beige carpet, but certainly a good starting point??

I've also got the still live Renault Part Number for the "Turbo" badge ;)

Hobuleta
11-05-2011, 00:09
I've got an 11 Parcel Shelf in Grey you can have for a few quid. Needs a bit of TLC & probably re-covering in some beige carpet, but certainly a good starting point??

I've also got the still live Renault Part Number for the "Turbo" badge ;)

That sounds great big steve, how much ? how do i pay you? and delivery? Is the badge still availible from renault to buy, knowing the part No.... because that would be awesome. Thanks for the quick response big steve :)

michael tierney
11-05-2011, 01:52
hav'nt seen a wide body kit for one of these...have u a pic?

Hobuleta
12-05-2011, 00:19
Hi, If i can remember, the chap who owns this little beaut got the kit when he went to france but could not tell me the name of the company...forgot :(

Mart
12-05-2011, 07:11
Zender.

Big Steve - Raider
12-05-2011, 07:18
Linky (http://www.mcracingsa.com/RENAULT11T.htm#RENAULT R11 ZENDER)

Trevhib
12-05-2011, 09:36
Car looks great! How did you get the seats and carpet so mint?

Forget the kit, it looks gash. Plus it's for a Ph2. :agree:

Also, the Turbo badges rear, front and steering wheel all look OE and OK. What do you mean by getting a proper one for the rear?

Hobuleta
12-05-2011, 19:22
Car looks great! How did you get the seats and carpet so mint?

Forget the kit, it looks gash. Plus it's for a Ph2. :agree:

Also, the Turbo badges rear, front and steering wheel all look OE and OK. What do you mean by getting a proper one for the rear?

I took the carpet out and scrubbed it with Traffic film remover then jet washed it. The seats and trim, I used just spray stain removal...job done. Im almost certain that the badge should look like the one in the pic. The one thats currently on the black 11 was a purchase off ebay until i get my mitts on the real deal. Not sure what Renault that badge was off.

Big Steve - Raider
12-05-2011, 19:32
As promised matey, see picture below of badge in Renault packaging with Part No :niceone:

Hobuleta
12-05-2011, 19:53
Ive just towed my mates white 11 to my place, to do some work on it. This is the 11 that was on ebay a year ago .... both my black 11 and the white 11 came from the same barn. The white one looks ok now ive washed it, but underneath is looking ropey, the carb was seized (now sorted out), 2 x holes on the o/s inner wing, radiator looks suspect and will need these other items sorting ... brake pipes front to back / discs all round with pads / exhaust back box / ball joints / track rod ends / steering rack boots / new tyres all round ... oh and one bulb for the yellow fog, and thats just what i can see. Not even fired it up yet . Here's some pics

Hobuleta
12-05-2011, 19:56
As promised matey, see picture below of badge in Renault packaging with Part No :niceone:

TOP MAN ... I'm straight onto renault tommorrow morning :)

Alex
13-05-2011, 07:52
Great work on this - love the R11's! :cool:

Trevhib
13-05-2011, 12:09
Cool.

As regards the badge. You should maybe check other Ph1's rather than looking at the Ph2 for a steer on what the badge looks like. Renault may have changed it between phases. The only reason I'd say check is because I can't see anything that's been changed on that Ph1. Why would someone bother to swap the rear badge for one that's not OE? :agree:

Unless the original fell off/was stolen and they just got hold of the first available badge I guess?

Trevhib
13-05-2011, 12:21
Scratch that, I've had a look myself and can't see another badge the same as the one currently on your car, lol. I wonder where it came from as it definitely appears to be Renault :scratch:

Big Steve - Raider
14-05-2011, 11:12
That sounds great big steve, how much ? how do i pay you? and delivery?

I can take it to the National Day if you're going mate? ;)

Hobuleta
14-05-2011, 15:05
I can take it to the National Day if you're going mate? ;)

Not sure yet, I will let you know ...cheers

paul-11turbo
14-05-2011, 17:09

Hmmm, need to remove the exhaust drain pipes me thinks. . and get a proper turbo badge for the rear . . and source 2 orginal 11 turbo alloys as i have 2 already awaiting refurb. Does anyone have any? :) ... oh and a rear parcel shelf in lovely beige.

Have you asked bob at cgb motorsport as hes got a few bits on ebay from a ph1 11 turbo already?

Hobuleta
14-05-2011, 18:29
Have you asked bob at cgb motorsport as hes got a few bits on ebay from a ph1 11 turbo already?
I have bought a couple of bits from cbg, but ive not asked reference to any other parts ... its worth a call...cheers