PDA

View Full Version : Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

Bigfoot
02-08-2010, 14:11
Looking at getting some raider Alloys refurbed within the essex area. willing to travel within reason. I have got a couple of quotes already ranging from £270 (paintituk) up to £446 (wicked wheels) anyone got any places which might do it for a more reasonable price. I started stripping them down myself but thinking overbaked 20 year old brakedust is a bit much to remove. unless someone knows of a place to strip everything off the wheel for me and I do the spraying and polishing myself :)

Any help would be greatful :)

Cheers

gttjames
02-08-2010, 14:53
Well at the prices youv said id be sending them to 'pristine' they chemically strip them and respray inside and out and do a better job than oe. google them and give them a call

gttjames
02-08-2010, 14:58
At my old work we sent all ours here as they do a collect/deliver service to and never saw a bad wheel come back and allays done properly

http://www.pristinealloywheels.co.uk/

Places like wickedwheels - rub them down and paint them in a van. Not the same service pristine gives the lot

Bigfoot
02-08-2010, 15:28
Cheers James, will give them a bell now :)

Bigfoot
02-08-2010, 15:37
Just a little bit more expensive than paintituk. The wicked wheels ones they wanted them for 3-5 days actually at their workshop rather than their van. Got a choice of two now. Liking the free delivery collection though :) but then again going to see their work is always better thing to do.

djinuk
02-08-2010, 15:38
all the vw boys use this guy, and we all know they are wheel whores.

http://www.rainbowpolishing.co.uk/

i phoned up and got brilliant quotes off him, id imagine you can have virtually anything you want for less then £200 and the work ive seen has been fantastic. dont pay any of them silly prices.

r5 rich
02-08-2010, 15:38
jp polishing in canvey island- £160 my last set, tyres removed, powder coated and tyres back on:D

Bigfoot
02-08-2010, 15:40
jp polishing in canvey island- £160 my last set, tyres removed, powder coated and tyres back on:D

Spoke to them they wanted about 330 for the set. Problem being is spraying of a different colour and the polished lip :(

Rob@Backyardracing
02-08-2010, 17:48
We have just changed our refurb guy at work, we have tried at least 4 places this last 12months and now we send them to some guy in West Brom, seems to be a one man band by the sound of it. Had two sets done up to now for a couple porsche sales cars we have and must say they job was mint, around £200 for all 4.. Will dig the number out tomoz if i remember..:)

Just to add tho, we havnt yet sent any polished split rims for refurb, or that style...

Bigfoot
02-08-2010, 17:50
We have just changed our refurb guy at work, we have tried at least 4 places this last 12months and now we send them to some guy in West Brom, had to sets done up to now for a couple porsche sales cars we have and must say they job was mint, around £200 for all 4.. Will dig the number out tomoz if i remember..:)

Cheers Rob.

Will need to then look at packaging costs going that far, but if its top work then worth paying that bit :)

jamie_8
03-08-2010, 18:50
I had my polo wheels done at pristine a while back, they came back mint, and still don't have a mark on them, I'd use them again without a second thought :agree:

http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae88/jamie_87/079.jpg

not the best picture I know, but they are spot on :smokin:

dangerous dave
03-08-2010, 20:56
i remember when jamie8's wheels went for paint, felt the price was a little steep for 4 wheels painted and a polished lip.. but when they came back it was all worth it:smokin:

you get what you pay for alot of the time and they put all the effort in as they were corroded and looking skanky as hell.. best thing you ever did for that car was paint them wheels:cool:

gttjames
03-08-2010, 23:01
Just to add, when vw and a few others where having wheels fail within a year/two years they where sending them to pristine to be done properly.

Rob@Backyardracing
04-08-2010, 21:01
Sorry completely forgot about this, had the guy come up today aswell to collect a set... :crap: :ashamed: