PDA

View Full Version : has anyone used or got a sadev gearbox?

renault5gtboi
02-08-2010, 12:54
i quite fancy buying a sadev 6 speed dog box for my 5 comes with lsd and custom gear ratios on purchasing wundred if anyone has used one and if anyone knows about maintinence on them??

Bigfoot
02-08-2010, 12:59
For the cost of that can buy a couple of mint renault 5s. nobody apart from k-tec is crazy enough to waste that sort of cash on a gearbox

renault5gtboi
02-08-2010, 13:03
i relise there not cheep but there rated for decent horsepower and torque also they will sound awsome, plus i think 5k is a reasonable price compaired to the japs at £8000 for a hks dog box

Adam L
02-08-2010, 14:01
Those jap boxes will take serious torque, not a measly 200 odd ft lbs. 8k is a bit of an exaggeration.

What I'm saying is they're pointless when the standard box will cope with the power you'll be running.

renault5gtboi
02-08-2010, 14:03
yeah i see your point was just wondering if any one had anything good to say about them lol :)

Bigfoot
02-08-2010, 14:08
For that money id be worried if you had much bad to say about them, its just the money side of things outweigh the pros if we are talking about renault 5s. Even looking at what Scoff done with his will be miles cheaper and still cope with the power.

renault5gtboi
02-08-2010, 14:45
For that money id be worried if you had much bad to say about them, its just the money side of things outweigh the pros if we are talking about renault 5s. Even looking at what Scoff done with his will be miles cheaper and still cope with the power.

fair enuff just look a quality piece of kit :)

rs250nut
02-08-2010, 15:16
With the gear lever, linkages and gear indicator they are a tad over 6 large. Factor in a rebuild every 1500 miles from swr motorsport with a cost of around 400 nicker plus parts. Can you afford 6 large for the whine and a little more horsepower to the wheels?

renault5gtboi
02-08-2010, 15:21
With the gear lever, linkages and gear indicator they are a tad over 6 large. Factor in a rebuild every 1500 miles from swr motorsport with a cost of around 400 nicker plus parts. Can you afford 6 large for the whine and a little more horsepower to the wheels?

thats the info i needed to know f**k 400 quid every 1500 miles thats a plain joke!!
no i carnt afford that thats silly pennies

BlueFish5Gt
02-08-2010, 15:57
Well I have two samples of cars with a sequential gearbox.

Clio 2.0 itb

First owner video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-NIson75hY&feature=related

Second owner video (the second owner "drives with his elbows"as we say here in Greece).He managed to destroy the disk and flywheen on one single run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ZGLaQ9Hww

He had a hard time installing it since it was taken from a megane and needed serious conversion ,as I was told to fit,and he has been facing problems with the torque and he had to build a custom flywheel.

The other example is this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZmJVCSzEqc&feature=related

he just bolted on a sequential gearbox (not sadev but I can't remember the name) and everybody said it wouldn't last but it has been running without a problem for two years.Unfortunately the owner was killed on a bike accident on June 15 so the car won't race again.

Andrew Cooke
02-08-2010, 17:56
i relise there not cheep but there rated for decent horsepower and torque also they will sound awsome, plus i think 5k is a reasonable price compaired to the japs at £8000 for a hks dog box

actually they're not rated at much over JC5 torque, and you're looking at more like 8K by the time you've installed it.

jesus in the seat of a 5
02-08-2010, 19:42
actually they're not rated at much over JC5 torque, and you're looking at more like 8K by the time you've installed it.

:eek:..quaiffe or gripper ftw then andy....:)

allanr5gtt
02-08-2010, 20:54
what is the torque rating on a jb3, jc5 and sadev?