PDA

View Full Version : throttle cable problems ! :S

LampsR5
01-08-2010, 22:47
hey all before any mention i have searched this came across two pictures that didnt help me :S

my cable snapped the other night so i brought me one of those kits from gsf, ive crimped the end and put the plastic sleave over it, however i cant find how the hell to fit it to the car so that i get a good pedal. I either get stupidly hard pedal or the pedal just sinks to the floor :(

was i meant to cut the cable shorter? and if so does anyone know where i can get the ends for the cables as i cant keep spending 15 quid on those crap kits

pleeeeeeaaaassseeee help
thanks

IANMM
02-08-2010, 08:33
yeah i think i put mine next to my old one as a template crimped end put black plastic sleve in the clamp tighned up and tie wrap it in place.....

LampsR5
02-08-2010, 10:00
I've crimped it and fitted the plastic sleeve onto the holder with the 10mm Bolt however I just. Cant get the pedal at all :s

IANMM
02-08-2010, 15:55
have you got loads of slack? if you have try the electrical connector mod :)

IANMM
02-08-2010, 15:57
http://www.qvsdirect.com/images/P/t_16198_01_med.jpg

michael tierney
02-08-2010, 18:25
make sure the outer cable physically fits into the receiver just under the servo....it can move in and out so cable tie it to the earth connection on the shock turret!also when u crimp the inner cable put a bit of epoxy glue on the very end just to b sureit does'nt come true:)

Smokey
03-08-2010, 11:18
As Ian said electrical connector mod all the way, I had problems with mine and this worked a treat.

If you wana see my car to get an idea give us a shout and ill bring mine round. Dans got my number or is this Dan i get confused to whos commenting.lol

Mat