PDA

View Full Version : Just a few more bits to pipe up

philg
28-07-2010, 20:13
I have pretty much got the engine cooling all sorted out just waiting for my rad to get delivered, also waiting for my itercooler to come in stock.

Thanks Dave for the plumbing help, i have followed the diagram as below i think i must have got it wrong with you over the phone, and thanks to Dave's lover :p Andy for the wiring help lol.

I just have a few questions on a few more parts what vac pipes do i run off the inlet? There is 3 on the drivers side pic 2.

There is one larger out of the rear of the inlet on the passenger side also a small vac one at the back and 2 vacs at the front next to the throttle body?

Also wheres the one from the throttle body go to?

I have the one running of the front to the idle control valve, what else need connecting up there? I'm not going to use that rubber black thing that sits on the breather, so do i just bung the hole at the rubber 90 next to the turbo?

There is a clear vac pipe coming of the recirc valve, where does that go?

Also the vac pipe that run from the black ecu where does that go to? It currently has a t piece in it to.

I am going to run a bleed valve so i guess this must change things, from a picture i have seen the bleed valve goes between the actuator to the bleed valve then out to the rear of the inlet.

Please any help you can guys.

Phil

TrixNFlix
28-07-2010, 20:25
yo gay boy :cooter:

2 pic
keep that one blanked
the other 2 outlets go to:
one way valve for brake servo
other goes into your cab for your boost gauge

3rd pic
:
not used so join them together with some silicone (4 or 5 mm i think)

4 th pic

smallest outlet goes to fuel reg
others can be joined together with silicone again, or if your tubo doesnt have a vac outlet you could use this, then go from this outlet to blled valve to actuator.

hope this helps chimp :D

TrixNFlix
28-07-2010, 20:28
Block off the big outlet on pic 4 at the top left, unless you are running a air charge temp gauge, fits perfect in here. If you want to be gay( which you will) the brass fitting is 1/8 npt so you could unscrew this and put a blanking bolt in. ;)

TrixNFlix
28-07-2010, 20:35
I cant remember how the recirc and idle vale was plumbed in when i ditched them a while ago, sorry dude.

philg
28-07-2010, 20:55
yo gay boy :cooter:

4 th pic

smallest outlet goes to fuel reg
others can be joined together with silicone again, or if your tubo doesnt have a vac outlet you could use this, then go from this outlet to blled valve to actuator.

hope this helps chimp :D

smallest, do you mean the small one on the back of the inlet to fuel reg?

So the middle size one on the back of outlet goes to bleed valve then to actuator.

Where does the one throttle body one go?

TrixNFlix
28-07-2010, 21:07
smallest, do you mean the small one on the back of the inlet to fuel reg?

So the middle size one on the back of outlet goes to bleed valve then to actuator.

Where does the one throttle body one go?

yes

yes if your using a big turbo like me and you havn't drilled and tapped the turbo inlet. I'm sure the standard turbo has a 90 degree brass fitting on the turbo cold side. If it does you need to use this and go from it to bleed valve then to actuator.

Think I might of used this to go to my ignition module( 3mm silicone I think)

philg
28-07-2010, 21:19
yes

yes if your using a big turbo like me and you havn't drilled and tapped the turbo inlet. I'm sure the standard turbo has a 90 degree brass fitting on the turbo cold side. If it does you need to use this and go from it to bleed valve then to actuator.

Think I might of used this to go to my ignition module( 3mm silicone I think)

Ok turbo brass fitting to bleed valve then to actuator.

I then would blank off the larger hole on the back of the inlet, unless using an air charch temp guage.

What about the throttle body one?

phil

TrixNFlix
28-07-2010, 21:28
Ok turbo brass fitting to bleed valve then to actuator.

I then would blank off the larger hole on the back of the inlet, unless using an air charch temp guage.

What about the throttle body one?

phil

Think I just answered this, to the ignition module. anything that's left, blank the fecker:laugh:

philg
28-07-2010, 21:36
Think I just answered this, to the ignition module. anything that's left, blank the fecker:laugh:

Gotya, so from the throttle to black ecu, i have been studying other peoples installs and it looks like haz's t's off this pipe to the end of the fuel rail, is that what yours does?

Nearly there andy :D

TrixNFlix
28-07-2010, 21:42
No, I've tried to use each outlet for one specific thing, as to cut down on possible leaks from t pieces etc. Like the different water circuits everyone does it slightly different, with very similar results.

philg
28-07-2010, 21:49
No, I've tried to use each outlet for one specific thing, as to cut down on possible leaks from t pieces etc. Like the different water circuits everyone does it slightly different, with very similar results.

Ok then throttle to black ecu and small rear outlet on throttle body to fuel reg :laugh:

Can you recomend a good bleed valve, or just buy any old item from ebay?

When pluming in your oil cooler what thread size cooler did you go for? The two pipes from this do just go to the sandwich that sits under the oil filer dont they?

phil

TrixNFlix
28-07-2010, 22:00
Think my cooler is a mocal 13 row. Im using 90degree 1/2 inch bsp push on fittings, with the realy thick hose. Be warned it adds up in price. This being used with the mocal thermostatic sandwich plate.
As for boost controller I've gone gay, and opted for the aem true boost gauge :rolleyes:

philg
28-07-2010, 22:10
Do you know what size the fitting are on the volvo sandwich plate, are they 1/2 inch bsp?

TrixNFlix
28-07-2010, 22:14
Think people use the gtt sandwhich plate and oil filter as the Volvo orginals are quite thick and give clearance issues with the rad and fan. Not sure on the size of either.

philg
28-07-2010, 22:20
Think people use the gtt sandwhich plate and oil filter as the Volvo orginals are quite thick and give clearance issues with the rad and fan. Not sure on the size of either.

Bummer i have not got a gt sandwich, is the mocal one a thin jobbie?

phil

TrixNFlix
28-07-2010, 22:24
The mocal is just a bit thicker than the gtt one. Try the Volvo sandwich plate with the gtt filter, if the threads are the same? Might fit?

SCHWARTZ
28-07-2010, 22:34
my oil cooler fits both my sandwich plates volvo and renault. But both mine look quite slim:confused:

philg
30-07-2010, 07:40
What is a good fan to buy, is the gt one a slim line one?

Or do any other car have a slim one i could pinch?

phil