PDA

View Full Version : non turbo short block

Nayls
28-07-2010, 16:41
what differences are there between the short block found in say a campus or renault 9 compared to a c1j?

i know the oil pump is but what about the pistons & crank?

ex member "sh1tpot" would like to know as he is building a gordini headed engine & has a low mileage lump from a r9 available.

Markey Mark (BD)
28-07-2010, 17:48
Whats the engine number of the engine he wants to use?

Normally the smaller engines use different liners, pistons, chain and tensioner, oil pump, cam and depending if its smaller then a 1.4 and different crank.

Nayls
28-07-2010, 21:22
Whats the engine number of the engine he wants to use?

Normally the smaller engines use different liners, pistons, chain and tensioner, oil pump, cam and depending if its smaller then a 1.4 and different crank.

it's a 1.4 mate,pretty sure he mentioned c2j

Markey Mark (BD)
29-07-2010, 15:58
Crank will be same but piston's, liners, oil pump, cam, timing chain and the tensioner are different to the C1J.

Sparkie
29-07-2010, 17:18
how are the liners and chain different?

Markey Mark (BD)
29-07-2010, 17:40
how are the liners and chain different?

I thought the liners were slightly smaller bore and seal seat shape, also isn't the tensioner sprung loaded on the engines rather then oil pressure, thought chain matched the tensioner.

Could be wrong though. ;)

Sparkie
29-07-2010, 23:54
thinking about it, you maybe right with the liner size. a mate of mine had a weird set lying around, where the gt turbo pistons just would not fit in the bloody things.

the tensioner is definately different, but you can still fit a gtt one ;)

the chain is the same though, as the chain gsf sells fits every renault going from back in the day, 4, 5, 8 etc etc

i l k e r
30-07-2010, 07:15
thinking about it, you maybe right with the liner size. a mate of mine had a weird set lying around, where the gt turbo pistons just would not fit in the bloody things.

they were probably Energy liners, 75.8 mm ;) as 1.4 n/a liners are exactly the same with 5 gtt liners.

that's what I have on my car :agree:

Nayls
30-07-2010, 10:15
thanks for your help :agree:

one more question,

what waterpump do people use when using the gordini head?

thanks