PDA

View Full Version : Breather pot popping off

Slim
26-07-2010, 13:46
should i be worried if this keeps popping off?? ive used a jubilee clip to hold it down now...

p.s... breather pot only directs hoses to a breathable catch take and to the rocker cover, which both not are blocked.

Slim
26-07-2010, 15:17
anyone??? :scared:

jesus in the seat of a 5
26-07-2010, 15:46
i used to have this problem, mine was down to me overfilling the oil by way too much...:laugh:, mind you it was when using it on track with no baffled sump...;), it could be your engine is breathing heavy etc?...:scratch:

Slim
26-07-2010, 15:54
ye.. but what causes an engine to breath heavily?

Markey Mark (BD)
26-07-2010, 16:40
ye.. but what causes an engine to breath heavily?

Normally worn piston rings or liners, or blocked breather system.

Slim
26-07-2010, 16:55
hmmm... if the rings were gone wouldnt i be catchin oil in the catch tank too??

Markey Mark (BD)
26-07-2010, 17:16
Not neccessarlitly mate, if it was shooting oil out then there would be something little more then just rings gone.
With worn rings/liners you tend to get more excess pressure come out the breather pipes more than anything.

Slim
26-07-2010, 17:25
Not neccessarlitly mate, if it was shooting oil out then there would be something little more then just rings gone.
With worn rings/liners you tend to get more excess pressure come out the breather pipes more than anything.
:cry:

philr5t
27-07-2010, 10:26
should i be worried if this keeps popping off?? ive used a jubilee clip to hold it down now...

p.s... breather pot only directs hoses to a breathable catch take and to the rocker cover, which both not are blocked.

i had this problem may not be what you have as there is a few things it can be but mine was caused by a torque wrench not calibrated and it was 30 pounds out so my end caps became loose and caused the sump to pressurise and thats what was causing my dipstick/brether pipes to blow off

hope this helps