PDA

View Full Version : who works on gt turbos.? HELP PLEASE.!

raj
24-07-2010, 20:45

Slim
24-07-2010, 20:59
where abouts are you Raj?

paul-11turbo
24-07-2010, 21:14
im not comfortable with the brakes, its everythin in the system replaced apart from the servo so i thinking this maybe the issue. the pedal goes all the way down to the floor!

have you tried a different one way valve on the manifold?

allanr5gtt
24-07-2010, 21:50
where are you based bud?

zinc
24-07-2010, 23:09
Raj, I barely ever use rtoc but you always seem to have something broken when ever I browse the site! :crap: you must have a lot of patience! Do you still have the blue car?

Does Colin still do work on 5s?

Slim
24-07-2010, 23:36
Go and leave your car with Colin.. im sure he can sort it....

djinuk
24-07-2010, 23:58
with regards to the turbo.. check its bolted on tight..

on my first r5 it made all the noise, but when no where.. 5 mins later i did it up tight and all good :D

BluntyR5GTT
25-07-2010, 06:44
i could put u in touch with ian nixon if u wanted ? ex europarts owner. he works on 5s from home now

Markey Mark (BD)
25-07-2010, 10:19
Have the brakes gone to floor again mate, is that with engine running or with the engine off? Must admit took an age to get the air out of it.

As mentioned before we did a quick test with the clutch stop to see if it worked better, we got gears again but i feel that something down in the clutch area now needs looking at which to me means box off.

I feel abit bad that i've given up at the wrong time, thought after all the work we put in thought she'd be closer to getting it road worthy.

Dave Reed
25-07-2010, 14:15
Raj if your having problems with the clutch and getting gears give the clutch pedal a tug towards you, they bend over the years...

Your boost issues sound as though you may have a spilt boost hose, might not be visable when the car is not on boost.. I'm not too bad around a car and I missed it once :ashamed: check around your jubilee clips and under the pipes, pr even better take them of and have a good tug, twist etc...

With regards to the brakes - mine did this once after i blead them, went for a drive (careful) using the handbrake to stop and kept pumping brake and hey presto they all came back perfect and have never given me trouble since!! worth a try..

I feel for you mate, must be hard getting the enthusiasm to keep on, but you have too... Check double check even triple check lol..

Good luck!!!!

JRP
25-07-2010, 14:18
I know you said everything is changed.. but could we possibly be looking at a deffective new part i.e the master cylinder being faulty... just a possibility.:(

LYNCHSTAR
25-07-2010, 18:50
i could put u in touch with ian nixon if u wanted ? ex europarts owner. he works on 5s from home now

i second that mate he,s done wonders to mine.

Nick k
25-07-2010, 21:08
Want me to have a glance at it mate.. Im normally passing your neck of the woods on my way home from staffordshire. I'll pm you my mobile number so you can get in touch. :agree:

BluntyR5GTT
26-07-2010, 06:30
ian.nixon4@tesco.net

there his ians email mate i dont wanna really give his mobile number out without persmission. iv tried om you this but it keeps timing out grrr

IANMM
26-07-2010, 08:41
let me know if you want to drop it down my unit

THE MASTER
05-08-2010, 11:04
hmm, yes thats not a bad idea;)

only thing is, hes not online much these days is he?

normal service will resum shortly . ive got loads of stuff to sort out in my life at the mo .. but all is looking good so far:cool::)