PDA

View Full Version : What is the best glass cleaner?

Ian S
18-10-2008, 19:47
I've tried Mr Muscle kitchen surface cleaner (seems the same as what was once was called Glass cleaner).

I've tried IsoPropyl Alcohol.

I've tried AutoGlym Car Glass Polish.

MR TURBO
18-10-2008, 19:57
a bit of water with a little vinegar and clean off with newspaper!!!! Brings em back to new looking!!!!!!:D:D

if the above does not give you the required finish try below

Using isopropyl alcohol and white vinegar together makes a quickly evaporating spray glass and mirror cleaner that competes with national brands

MR TURBO
18-10-2008, 20:00
hope that helps!!!!!:D:D:D

tubby5
18-10-2008, 20:00
i just use car polish works a treat for me,also when it drys you can see if youve missed anywhere:)

Nayls
19-10-2008, 00:28
a bit of water with a little vinegar and clean off with newspaper!!!! Brings em back to new looking!!!!!!:D:D

if the above does not give you the required finish try below

Using isopropyl alcohol and white vinegar together makes a quickly evaporating spray glass and mirror cleaner that competes with national brands

:agree: vinegar & old newspaper (about a week or two)

Leigh
19-10-2008, 17:53
What glass cleaner do people use on there polycarb / perspex windows ? Or is it the same old ?

A17AMB
19-10-2008, 18:12
autosmart do a glass cleaner called glass glow ive been in the car game a few to many years now and i found this to be the best on the market no smears :)

Amber5GTTurb
20-10-2008, 13:49
I agree - nothing beats newspaper

mr bean aka pete
20-10-2008, 22:03
i use renaults ixell glass cleaner works well for me ;)

Ian S
20-10-2008, 22:30
I drove the car in the rain this evening and there was smearing instead of the wipers clearing the water and it was blotchy and patchy so it looked liked the bunch I stuff I used had not really done the job.

stu21t
20-10-2008, 23:17
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

you sure you dont just need new wipers? lol

for all you plastic winow people, did you know you can use a polish/compound on them making them like new.
in the same way you compound/polish your paintwork to remove swirl marks/scratches, you cando it to your windows.
i did mine and it makes em like new again. surprisingly its the insides that need more work than the outsides.

Ian S
20-10-2008, 23:18
It looks like Autosmart products are just not available to the general public. They are saying Silver Screen is the best for antifog. Obviously, on the inside.

I googled ixell finding nothing.

I read on Detailing world that someone suggested using a rotary polisher with either a light cut pad or polish pad with AutoGlym glass polish. I don't have a rotary polisher.

you sure you dont just need new wipers?One of them is new, a Valeo Aero low profile bendy type, cost £12, including this evening has only had a few minutes use and I got a new OE wiper arm for it that got it's first use this evening.

dave j gtt
21-10-2008, 00:05
i s h iiit you not , the best/easy freindly thing ive seen is a bit of warm water and some cloth that the mother got from somwhere :confused: i'll ask her tomorrow , but the cloth is great ,

1 you get a little warm water, and wet the cloth.

2 you wipe the windows clean , get clean water on the cloth and squeeze excess water off.

3 you repeat wiping of the glass with damp cloth , with it dryer this time .

4 you go round all windows with all water squeezed from cloth, and keep it dry.

5 the little bits left just evaporate leaving the glass clean and stain free.

6 job done :)

dave j gtt
21-10-2008, 00:07
opps i am talking about an ideal inside cleaning item, but it will work on the out side.

the cothe is good am looking at it now, its 80% ployester , 20% ploymide ;)

Ian S
21-10-2008, 00:21
That is so not what happens to my windows anyway :)

That's why the cloth turned black with dirt and I started again with a new cloth which turned black with dirt, at least 4 times on the inside back window.

And on the outside front, I cleaned that about 9 times. Clean cloth turning black the first 7 or 8.

Perhaps special cleaning solutions get a lot more off than plain water?

Sy5GTT
21-10-2008, 05:13
opps i am talking about an ideal inside cleaning item, but it will work on the out side.

the cothe is good am looking at it now, its 80% ployester , 20% ploymide ;)

Its a lint free cloth. They do work well. Get em from Wilkinsons. :)

ROB C2GTT
22-10-2008, 20:11
Ian ive got one in the shed by turtle wax, i think its called nano tech? it seems really good and ive had no trouble with it.