PDA

View Full Version : lookin for carb

NayJ
24-07-2010, 00:43
after having a chat with ianmm im looking for a secondary carb for my car so i can run it slighty differently to my daily driver setup.

dont no anythin about carbs really, but understand the basics.

possibly lookin for somthing with a larger jet??

either one thats already done or an old carb i can service myself and add the required modded bits so i can learn the ins and outs :rolleyes:

lammy2r5
25-07-2010, 21:28
hi mate ,
just taken one of my break car which i will be selling.
I have replaced all gaskets , seals with a carb maintenace kit.
It is a group a carb.
Its yours if you want .
It comes with lobster aswell.
Let me know if you are interested
Cheers gary

NayJ
26-07-2010, 13:03
Hi mate I have just got a carb but it needs a service. How much you want for it?

Lookin for advice still on the rebuild, read through the articles

NayJ
26-07-2010, 21:04
so the carb i got is suposed to be a group a, i checked it against a couple others. when you look down the main chamber it looks bored out and the flap on the top has 4 holes instead of 1. dont no any details on jet sizes etc. by the looks of things its gona need a service anyway

will try and get some pics up,

so is it worth keepin this one or shall i change it for a more standard one? he had a couple to choose from

HULK
26-07-2010, 21:15
Dont touch group a carbs,They over fuel massively! a correctly jetted standard carb will give you enough fuel up to big horsepower

NayJ
26-07-2010, 21:20
Dont touch group a carbs,They over fuel massively! a correctly jetted standard carb will give you enough fuel up to big horsepower

ok cheers for that, :)