PDA

View Full Version : Need a 2nd opinion please - sorry everyone.

Neak
22-07-2010, 22:47
The story began as I listed this, on ebay with a 99p start and no reserve.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t312/2o0T/5.jpg

with this description;

For sale:

Renault 5 GT Turbo Phase 2 Standard Grille

All three top fixtures present and unbroken

both clips present and unbroken

only thing is it is missing the badge.

tungsten grey but not mint.

a good condition grille though.

postage £6.00 uk mainland but collection prefered

Now, and I apologise as I do not like to rant...

The buyer emailed me shortly after they had received it and informed that;

'the grille has been cut and is no use to me'

I offered a refund if the item was returned and made my point that the cut section is clearly visible.

The buyers next email explained how;

'It isn't even an O.E grille and I have had someone look at it and they can't do anything with it'

I hadn't checked that the grille was O.E or not so fault on my behalf.

I have received the grille this afternoon and unpacked it to find one of the rear mounts cleanly broken and rattling around in the package.....

Now how does that sound to you? If you think I am in the wrong then fair enough and up until this afternoon I was more than happy to offer a refund.

I can't help but feel I might be being taken for a ride' all that fuss about this and that.

Phase 2 5 GT Turbo rear grille clips dont just snap off clean in post....?

and the grille was bubble wrapped and well packaged.

As I said sorry but would greatly appreciate a 2nd opinion.

Big Steve - Raider
22-07-2010, 22:54
:upyours::upyours2::smashpc::rant: Here's your second opinion mate!

Theirs so many messers on E-bay that try & wriggle out of the deal! I don't see much wrong with your listing :niceone:

Josie172cup
22-07-2010, 22:57
Tell him to get.....

I think you get the picture, sounds like he's trying to have you over m8

Ian S
22-07-2010, 22:58
If it's damaged in the post then you or he would have to claim from the post / courier.

I guess he'd have to claim.

The refund you for the damage then you refund him for returned part.

Anyway, you didn't state it was OE and the cuts are clearly visible.

It really for him to sell on rather return and expect you refund him. You've done him a kindness and he's either lied or used poor packaging.

Shane P
22-07-2010, 22:59
'It isn't even an O.E grille and I have had someone look at it and they can't do anything with it'

Looks O.E to me? What exactly was the person planning to 'do' with it?

I wonder what that section has actually been cut out to accomodate? Is the grille still for sale? The previous buyer sounds like a complete cnut. :)

Neak
22-07-2010, 23:10
Cheers lads,

I don't like this sort of ****...

was worried I'd missed something and It was my fault.

I have the grille. but its not half as good now as it was.

no ideas what the cut-out is for, good old extra airflow maybe :rolleyes:

Thanks again, and sorry again

Chris

kayzee
22-07-2010, 23:14
I bid on this and lost lol. I didn't even notice the cut outs to be fair :scared:

tiff_lee
22-07-2010, 23:18
Did you refund him then?

paco
22-07-2010, 23:59
look 1 im not a nut 2 the grilled was returned just like i got the item it was broke when i got it and it was round the back so the post man must of throw it over the fence because it was locked i didnt even no it wqas there until a few days after i must of come, i returned the grill to you signed for by parcel force an wrapped up safely, im not out to rip no one off im not a messy on ebay like i have the time for that ****,the grill isnt a o/e item and thats what i wanted and to be fair to you i didnt spot the cut out,but the slate was broke when i got it,about you want the truth what do you think i did use it as a bat for a ball or somefing before sending it back

TNT ANDY
23-07-2010, 06:48
look 1 im not a nut 2 the grilled was returned just like i got the item it was broke when i got it and it was round the back so the post man must of throw it over the fence because it was locked i didnt even no it wqas there until a few days after i must of come, i returned the grill to you signed for by parcel force an wrapped up safely, im not out to rip no one off im not a messy on ebay like i have the time for that ****,the grill isnt a o/e item and thats what i wanted and to be fair to you i didnt spot the cut out,but the slate was broke when i got it,about you want the truth what do you think i did use it as a bat for a ball or somefing before sending it back

In respect Paco, you can clearly see the cut out's in the picture, it is an oe item and Chris cannot be held responsible for poor handling.

1. Cutouts - as stated, the cut outs can be clearly seen, they have not been hidden up anywhere or masked in any way. As one other bidder said he hadn't noticed that also, this is not the fault of the seller and I myself have been victim from not looking closely enough and had to take it on the chin.

2. The is no question that this is OE, OE can be modified.

3. Damage by postal service - If this is the case, I would imagine it would be your responsability to chase the courier and seek compensation, I'm sure Chris would help in this respect if they have damaged your item.

This possibly is not what you wan't to here, but this is what it looks like and possibly poor postal at the core of this bad feeling.

Tinka_Dill
23-07-2010, 07:15

sum gud inglish skils theare.. ful stopps r sooo ovarayted

paco
23-07-2010, 10:03
sum gud inglish skils theare.. ful stopps r sooo ovarayted
ok so i was a bit drunk but still i have my own views on this matter.

paco
23-07-2010, 10:07
In respect Paco, you can clearly see the cut out's in the picture, it is an oe item and Chris cannot be held responsible for poor handling.

1. Cutouts - as stated, the cut outs can be clearly seen, they have not been hidden up anywhere or masked in any way. As one other bidder said he hadn't noticed that also, this is not the fault of the seller and I myself have been victim from not looking closely enough and had to take it on the chin.

2. The is no question that this is OE, OE can be modified.

3. Damage by postal service - If this is the case, I would imagine it would be your responsability to chase the courier and seek compensation, I'm sure Chris would help in this respect if they have damaged your item.

This possibly is not what you wan't to here, but this is what it looks like and possibly poor postal at the core of this bad feeling.

maybe so but like i said that is how i got it. But to be fair to chris i didnt spot it on the picture but still im like 45 down with sending it back an still no grill

tiff_lee
23-07-2010, 10:22
Did you complain the grille was broken when you received it? looking at what the OP put it doesn't seem to be part of the complaint when you got it unless he left that bit out or you only just decided to mention it since it is now broken?

paco
23-07-2010, 10:30
Did you complain the grille was broken when you received it? looking at what the OP put it doesn't seem to be part of the complaint when you got it unless he left that bit out or you only just decided to mention it since it is now broken?
im not even sure what part of the grill which is broke to be honest. but the listing said not perfect so i was thinking it would not be perfect but didnt no it was cut.so i emailed him and he said he would refund so i was thinking hes a safe guy,but no he is saying its broke so i dunno.

Ian S
23-07-2010, 22:09
If it was broken when you received then then you've done wrong by returning it without mentioning to the seller it was damaged when received.

Clearly the correct action was to mention it to the seller so he could initiate a claim from the courier. They might want to look at the packaging.

That's going to be more difficult now that it's been sent a second time.

paco
24-07-2010, 07:17
If it was broken when you received then then you've done wrong by returning it without mentioning to the seller it was damaged when received.

Clearly the correct action was to mention it to the seller so he could initiate a claim from the courier. They might want to look at the packaging.

That's going to be more difficult now that it's been sent a second time.

ok i understand what you mean but i was thinking that the grill wasnt perfect so would have a little damage on it.im still not sure what damage he means so a picture of it would be good.i wrapped that grill up better then how it came an him saying theres no way it broke in the post makes out that i broke it then wrapped it up and sent it back thats not on as im not that kind of person.

TNT ANDY
24-07-2010, 08:57
ok i understand what you mean but i was thinking that the grill wasnt perfect so would have a little damage on it.im still not sure what damage he means so a picture of it would be good.i wrapped that grill up better then how it came an him saying theres no way it broke in the post makes out that i broke it then wrapped it up and sent it back thats not on as im not that kind of person.

Subjective at best - you wrap anything up as good as you like, have Have Handy Andy take it with him for a BK Breakfast meal, and if that thing gets in the way - it'll get mashed.

Or eaten:)

G801CVT
24-07-2010, 09:13
Strikes me that both of you are to a greater or lesser extent to blame - the buyer for not being cautious enough to check what was actually being sold and it's precise condition and the seller for failing to describe it adequately.

Items get damaged and go missing in the post reasonably often so the result that we see is not entirely surprising and frankly rather likely for such an item made of plastic.

My suggestion is that you each share the postage cost, the seller refunds the capital cost and you both learn from the experience.

Steven

Trevhib
24-07-2010, 10:15
I agree absolutely with Steven on all points there gents. :agree:

Neak
24-07-2010, 22:58
Man alive..... :eek:

Paco i'm at a loss as of how to resolve this to be honest.

Couple of points...

O.E - nowhere on the grille has it got a renault mark - don't know if its O.E or not, but I didn't mention it and Christ - does it matter.

You didn't mention It was broken when you received it - so.... (I'm not accusing you)

It either broke on return in the post

Or

You broke it.

I want to be civil honestly but I'm losing patience, postman threw it over the fence ???????

Going to go through the ebay dispute console whatever the outcome.

:coffee:

paco
25-07-2010, 09:36
Man alive..... :eek:

Paco i'm at a loss as of how to resolve this to be honest.

Couple of points...

O.E - nowhere on the grille has it got a renault mark - don't know if its O.E or not, but I didn't mention it and Christ - does it matter.

You didn't mention It was broken when you received it - so.... (I'm not accusing you)

It either broke on return in the post

Or

You broke it.

I want to be civil honestly but I'm losing patience, postman threw it over the fence ???????

Going to go through the ebay dispute console whatever the outcome.

:coffee:

like i said i didnt break it mate.and when i said postman must of threw it over the fence i meant as in there was no way he could of got round the back,an it was in the garden and i didnt even no it had been delivered, so he must of done.well i see now im at a lost but if your not goin to show any kind of good will in all this then we can just go through the ebay console as ebay is how it all started.

paco
25-07-2010, 09:37
Strikes me that both of you are to a greater or lesser extent to blame - the buyer for not being cautious enough to check what was actually being sold and it's precise condition and the seller for failing to describe it adequately.

Items get damaged and go missing in the post reasonably often so the result that we see is not entirely surprising and frankly rather likely for such an item made of plastic.

My suggestion is that you each share the postage cost, the seller refunds the capital cost and you both learn from the experience.

Steven
i agree