PDA

View Full Version : what do ya think

lammy2r5
21-07-2010, 22:51
making plans to look at this five saturday. thoughts please . got very much tucked up with my last one (rotten) need to make sure the next is right
1988 RENAULT 5 GT TURBO on eBay (end time 02-Aug-10 22:00:17 BST) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-/260631001490?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3caed17992)
item no260631001490cheers gary:):)

Kris M
21-07-2010, 23:07
Im sorry but the first paragraph in the listing would put me off :crap: The rest of the listing isnt much better either IMO.........Too much money

there are plenty of other 5`s out there for less money than this one that would im sure be a better car :)

JRP
21-07-2010, 23:09
Im sorry but the first paragraph in the listing would put me off :crap:

Was thinking that, but id be accused of being a c-nut if i had come out with it first....

What a piece of ass...

Trevhib
22-07-2010, 09:56
I don't believe what was said about the jubilee clip. Anyone who is into their GTTs ought to notice when the temp rockets up and turn the damn thing off before H/G failure.

Whether the pipe blew off and the coolant came out like a tidal wave shooting the temp up or a slow leak was the cause, it shouldn't have mattered. You know instinctively when something is up and just shut down when it becomes obvious.

I'd be inclined to think the H/G blew for other, less marketable reasons....

Mart
22-07-2010, 10:09
And to think I'm only asking a monkey more for mine... :dearme:

jpga1990
22-07-2010, 17:45
i looked at that auction and as soon as you read it you think hmmm last week
it was up for 1600 and he didnt want to fix it then it was 2600 fixed now its 2250 fixed.

as said above if your car gets hot you kill it end of ive done it my dads done it in his beemer that car would get hot and i would say leak with a loose clip and therefore get hot well weather it blew or leaked it would still get warm and as soon as it does you turn it off. sounds to me like hes just blagging you as soon as you start to read. personally i wouldnt want to buy a car that "needs running in" you dont know who the hell has rebuilt it the standard they have done it the pride there quality of equipments,tools,parts used any muppets mate can write him a reciept theres alot better 5s for alot better money that are alot more honest your buying a 20 year old car with no interioir that looks like the engine and the car generally has been taken to pieces god knows how many times and god know by who 1200 quidder in my eyes but thats my opinion only. fair enough have a look but be VERY VERY carefull take a FULLY QUALIFIED EXPIERINCED MECHANIC with you. good luck.

HULK
22-07-2010, 19:24
I remember this car for sale last year at £1700, although its had some mods put on it since then.

Reading the ad, it looks quite possible that he has made up a head gasket story to hide something else such as bottom end knock. does an engine really need a running in period afer a H/G change??

also a stage 1 turbo = standard turbo :rolleyes:

5alldaway
22-07-2010, 19:47
agreed that theres better and cheaper out there, look at the one rob backyard sold the other day, that looked loads better and about a grand cheaper

that car on ebay to me is a 600 quidder!

Tony Walker
22-07-2010, 20:01
I personally think if the bodyworks in good condition and the chassis/arches etc underneath are tidy/rot free then its not so bad. It does seem abit suspect that the headgasket has gone within 1200 miles of a rebuilt engine tho. its a big gamble at 2200. Atleast he's being honest i suppose. He could easily of not said anything.

lammy2r5
22-07-2010, 20:06
cheers all ,heard the same thing from everyone thats enough for me:):):):) twenty five pound for this membership has just saved me possibly hundreds . greta shout boys