PDA

View Full Version : Many thanks to Fidos got a raider, Dave..H, Philr5t and Clint.

James5
21-07-2010, 12:57
Just like to say thanks to these guys if it wasn't for the help, parts last night my 5 would not have made it home on it's own steam.:agree::cooter:

Well what a fantastic night (sarcastic) last night I took the 5 on her first long run yesterday after replacing the engine:D. I set of straight from work to pick up some spares from an RTOC member in Chertsey (RinkiDink), 20 mins into journey first prob occurs coolant temps shoot straight up and just sat below the line you don't want it to be at:eek:, so pulled over and re-bleed coolant system made no difference checked wires, etc.. after done all this the engine had cooled down so, carried on my journey, then battery light came on pulled over again yellow wire on alternator had come off repaired and put back. Set of again temps as High as the were original but not going over the line, then a boost hose pops off so pulled over yet again:o getting a little annoyed now:mad:, I eventually get to my destination collect the parts I set out for only to discover my car battery is now flat:crap:, so I have to get a push start to get running cheers Clint (My neighbour whom came up in his 5 aswell only one break down for him last night which was a split pipe but we managed to fix and no probs since:D). With the temps sitting as high as they were it was a little worrying:scared: so I made a slight detour to an RTOC friend Chris aka Fidos got a raider to pick up a known working water pump to which I changed at his place as it was just to risky to drive the 5 as it was and I didn't want to damage the rebuilt engine I had only just put in on the saturday just gone. Anyway replacement water pump sorted the temp problem out:D :coffee: I am now just left with the battery / alternator problem so me Dave..H, Chris and Clint set of for Phils aka Philr5t. By this time it had now got dark and my headlights were as good as candle lights in the dark so once at Phils he kindly stuck my battery on charge and we had chat and a look over his project after an hour of talking and checking out his 5 the battery was fully charged so we left Phil in peace. So I set of home with all my headlights now working properly, I dare'nt turn the radio on due to worrying about battery life span, i managed to get home with all problems fixed other than the battery / alternator problem as I pulled up at my place the car died and wouldn't restart, looks like an alternator / battery test is in order.

Overall great evening good to catch up with the others and RTOC spirit of help was fantastic finally got home gone 12pm. So for national day I now need to sort alternator / battery problem and remove the lambda bung in my downpipe which is fecking stiff so downpipe will have to come off for me to abuse it to use the LM-2 that Dangerous Dave has kindly lent me in order to set my carb up:cooter:.

Many thanks to Dave, Chris, Phil & Clint for all the help last night was much appreciated.

phase i 16 v turbo
21-07-2010, 13:09
What is going on with this Rad? It is in my way. If you don't need it I will put it back in storage.

Mart
21-07-2010, 13:13
Overall great evening...

!

I'd hate to be around when you're having a bad day/evening then :D

Andrew Cooke
21-07-2010, 13:20
!

I'd hate to be around when you're having a bad day/evening then :D

check his build thread....

Mart
21-07-2010, 13:27
Enough to make a grown man cry...

James5
21-07-2010, 13:44
What is going on with this Rad? It is in my way. If you don't need it I will put it back in storage.

pm for you Mike

James5
21-07-2010, 13:45
check his build thread....

:p Don't know what your talking about:wasntme:

James5
21-07-2010, 15:08
:p Don't know what your talking about:wasntme:

I should do another project thread really the life of my gtt :laugh:

Started with High power C1J with VNT got bored as couldn't do anymore to it, removed done F4r phase 1 conversion not happy with it in the 5 handling was shocking, removed gone to standard C1J lump feels better than 172 already, damaged C1J cracked liner, pistons etc.., Rebuilt another C1J and shoved that in, have to admit it doesn't take me long to get up and running again :laugh: That's why i love the C1J it's simple.