PDA

View Full Version : Strange Aei fitted on my car

spinner
21-07-2010, 09:49
Hi does anyone know what a aei RE232 is from as my prima racing 1.7 turbo five has one fitted and i know that isnt what a standard gt turbo runs.Just wondering if this would cause problems when the car is done and running again.
Thanks for any help

Russ B
21-07-2010, 12:48
Hi does anyone know what a aei RE232 is from as my prima racing 1.7 turbo five has one fitted and i know that isnt what a standard gt turbo runs.Just wondering if this would cause problems when the car is done and running again.
Thanks for any help

1.7 n/a I reckon, so different ignition curve, more advance i think, I've got a 209 if you want to try it matey ;)

spinner
21-07-2010, 13:12
1.7 n/a I reckon, so different ignition curve, more advance i think, I've got a 209 if you want to try it matey ;)

Is that a spare 209 you have mate? Is it in working order

Mart
21-07-2010, 13:19
RE232 was fitted to the n.a 1.7 TXE R9 & R11, and also to the R21 with the F2N/R engine.

As Russ said, it would have a more advanced ignition curve, and not ideal for turbo applications.

spinner
21-07-2010, 13:27
RE232 was fitted to the n.a 1.7 TXE R9 & R11, and also to the R21 with the F2N/R engine.

As Russ said, it would have a more advanced ignition curve, and not ideal for turbo applications.

Cheers for that Mart i'll listen to you and Russ and swap it for a 209 unit.

Trevhib
21-07-2010, 19:17
Cheers for that Mart i'll listen to you

:laugh: There's a first for everything eh :laugh:

(Just so you know Johnson, I'm not taking the mickey out of you, it's just that Mart has been absolutely confounded in recent years by members asking questions and completely ignoring him despite the fact he's one of the most knowledgeable here).

Matt Cole
21-07-2010, 19:39
what engine are you using mate and is that a carb i see??

Markey Mark (BD)
21-07-2010, 20:15
what engine are you using mate and is that a carb i see??

Its the classic Prima 1.7 conversion using the standard Renault GTX (F2N), fitted a tubular manifold and turbo, mod inlet to accept carb and then fit it in the car. :sad2:

After looking at Lukes car with him it looks like they have done minimal to get it running hence the use of the standard renix unit from the donor car.

Matt Cole
21-07-2010, 21:02
Ah right cool, i take it its worth the effort???

spinner
22-07-2010, 11:23
:laugh: There's a first for everything eh :laugh:

(Just so you know Johnson, I'm not taking the mickey out of you, it's just that Mart has been absolutely confounded in recent years by members asking questions and completely ignoring him despite the fact he's one of the most knowledgeable here).

Na i understand what you mean mate i have people that ask me stuff then ignor what i tell them.I know mart knows his stuff and Russ b is a good mate of mine and knows what hes talking about.

Ive had markey mark look at it and he said use a 209 on there aswell so thats three people who know there stuff telling me to get a 209. Think id be a d**k not to take there advice.

spinner
22-07-2010, 11:30
Ah right cool, i take it its worth the effort???

I hope it is mate im putting alot of time and money into it.But this time it will be done right and not how prima did it.lol