PDA

View Full Version : Actuator

RAGOONEY
18-10-2008, 11:29
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

To increase boost do you shorten or lengthen the actuator rod??

Ross99
18-10-2008, 11:30
shorten my friend move the bolts closer to the actuator.

RAGOONEY
18-10-2008, 11:33
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Many thanks my friend:)

youngscottie
18-10-2008, 20:43
be careful upping the boost without checking the fueling:coffee:
this is where so many people go wrong and kill the engine

OUTLAW
18-10-2008, 20:52
:agree:i thought the flap (in turbo) that the acuator rod controls had to be completely shut, this is when the rod is wound right in, running minimum boost....:confused::confused:...can anyone help?

youngscottie
18-10-2008, 21:42
:agree:i thought the flap (in turbo) that the acuator rod controls had to be completely shut, this is when the rod is wound right in, running minimum boost....:confused::confused:...can anyone help?

when the turbo is spooling the wastegate will be closed and the gasses will pass through the turbine creating boost
when the boost reaches the limit set by your actuator the waste gate will open allowing some gasses to bypass the turbine thus not allowing it to create anymore boost above limit you have set
the spring in the actuator holds the gate closed sortening the rod increases the preload thus creating more boost
dont just wind up the boost or it will all go tits up
(wheres the bomb smillie and can someone post the headgasket part no):cry:

OUTLAW
18-10-2008, 22:15
:sad2:theres no bombs boss:eek:....would you suggest that the flap is fully opened before i install the new turbo? the rod will be fully extended, if so:confused:...i`m not sure if thats correct..i thought it had to be completley shut, and the acuator will open the internal flap on boost? a bit confused:smokin::):)...thanks for your help

Adam L
19-10-2008, 11:41
The wastegate needs to be closed pre spool, otherwise the turbo will be incredibley laggy. Read, what's been written above, it's not rocket science:).

scratcher
19-10-2008, 17:47
:sad2:theres no bombs boss:eek:....would you suggest that the flap is fully opened before i install the new turbo? the rod will be fully extended, if so:confused:...i`m not sure if thats correct..i thought it had to be completley shut, and the acuator will open the internal flap on boost? a bit confused:smokin::):)...thanks for your help

when you put the new turbo on the actuator will shut the wastgate its self and open it up at your max boost limit :agree:

OUTLAW
19-10-2008, 17:58
cheers guys, thanks....:)