PDA

View Full Version : xp problem

dizzeeR5
18-07-2010, 02:30
Can someone give me a hand please as im pulling my hair out

about 3 years ago my wondows xo computer decided to die so i bout a laptop.

yesterday i decided to try and ment it,

the problem i have is its on a automatic reboot loop, no comands work on f8, no blue screen when i do select anything its bleeps and sayd no input signal and reboots

if i dont push f8 i get 2 seconds of loading ( writing on black screen) and then restarts saying the input signal message then bleeps then restarts

its wont disable the automatic reboot failiure optoin or anying.. i have no options

i cant find a xp disk either to make a ultimate boot cd due to my nex xp pc is a not book with no cd drive so it doesnt come with and xp cd

Slim
18-07-2010, 02:44
chuck it mate,,, more hassle than its worth fixing...:disagree:

Slim
18-07-2010, 02:54
sorry,, i thought i read you dont have a cd rom. IF you have,, js download an OEM version of windows XP, as long as you have a valid legal product key,, you should be ok.. I think :crap:

tiff_lee
20-07-2010, 19:33
So you have been without this pc/xp install for 3 years? would it be safe to assume then that there was nothing on it worth saving since it has been left for so long?

Without a windows cd there is not alot you can do.

MFaulks
24-07-2010, 23:42
Can you get into bios? You would need to google which key or combination of keys you need to press for your machine and then get into bios. Most likely it has lost all setup, and the back-up battery is probably dead. If you can get to bios you can check the basic machine setup and change where it looks to boot, and follow what has been suggested and boot from a minimal CD. Good luck.