PDA

View Full Version : ex wastegate and sreamer pipe.

MADFIVE
17-07-2010, 14:02
hi everyone. im having at the moment a external wastegate and sreamer pipe fitted to my 5 as i went to the pod day and fill in love with the civic that was going up the strip that day.:worship: just wanted to know if anyone on here has had one? and what they think of them? cheers madfive.:cool:

hydrotec78
17-07-2010, 14:14
Myself and marky mark fitted one to soapmechs grey 5 last year, it sounds the nuts. be careful where you pipe in the screamer pipe as some people say the fumes have got inside whislt driving.

MADFIVE
17-07-2010, 14:24
Myself and marky mark fitted one to soapmechs grey 5 last year, it sounds the nuts. be careful where you pipe in the screamer pipe as some people say the fumes have got inside whislt driving.
cool thanks for that mate. im having it exiting out from the back of the front alloy cumming out of the side skirt. and covered in heat wrap in case of fire. i cant wait to get it back. hopefully it will be ready for mallory park. :)

Yellow
17-07-2010, 15:15
Where are these got from and what's the deal with fitting them ie what would you need to run one also any pros and cons. Any one got any pics of one fitted to a c1j.

Markey Mark (BD)
17-07-2010, 16:07
External wastegate is used to control the boost rather then a actuator, holds boost better and more controlable.

As Paul said we've fitted one to a C1J before, also fitted one to my Volvo conversion too.

soapymech
17-07-2010, 16:33
will post up some pics

Yellow
17-07-2010, 17:48
Nice one. Cheers

Adam L
17-07-2010, 18:59
If you're going to use the car for track you'd probably be best routing the dump pipe into the exhaust system, otherwise you'll probably get black flagged for the noise level.