PDA

View Full Version : Service the 32 DIS Carburettor Article Amendments

Woznaldo
17-07-2010, 03:35
Can some please make a couple of amendments with regard to the following article:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4743

Step 34 - And remove the idle jet. Clean out any dirt, and refit, ensuring that the flat rubber seal is in good condition. This seal can be replaced with an equivalent size o-ring. If this seal is in poor condition (dry/perished etc) it may cause poor idle problems.

Step 41 - Take throttle assembly and put the accelerator pump rod through the lever first, then use the new gasket and refit the assembly to the carb base with the two screws. Using a 5mm drill bit between the throttle butterfly and body, ensure that the accel pump is just fully compressed, Make sure the nut on the rod is screwed down as far as it'll go, then check the throttle moves smoothly and operates the accelerator pump when you move the cam.

Remove RED text and insert BLUE. Please adjust for accuracy and/or to make the step read better?

Woz

Woznaldo
17-07-2010, 04:04
Both steps 34 and 41 could also benefit from amended photos too, obviously. :coffee:

Ian S
17-07-2010, 22:20
Done :)

Thanks for that improvement :agree:

I can't do anything about the photos. Although it might be possible to add some into there, I never tried it.

djinuk
18-07-2010, 12:04
spot on, as last time i followed it , i screwed up due to step 41 :)