PDA

View Full Version : pulling out of second gear/creaky steering wheel

jpga1990
17-07-2010, 00:07
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

hi guys just bought GT5 and has a few niggles for me to sort so here goes....

gearbox looks pretty clean oil is fine i think goes through all gears smooth no cruches or whines.... when i put it in second ocasionally it will pull out usually slow speed over a bump etc i have been told it may be a mount? i had a look the selector bar itself is quite loose and jiggly the gear lever is quite sloppy. i hope it is not the gearbox and was wondering if anyone could clarify how to find the cause and fix/eliminate the problem??

second i know its minore but steering wheel is real creaky think its just the plastic rubbing in the back of the wheel.... anyone had this put anything on to cure it??

third i know its maybe me and that i havent got the nack but could do with it clarifying... when the car is warm when i try start it it sometimes takes a while to turn over and get going should i give it any choke or throttle while starting when warm? what is the best method of starting when warm?

thanks guys new to Renaults and keen to learn the right way to sort it as i love the car already.

Josh

Smokey
17-07-2010, 09:27
i can do the starting when warm, just pump your accelerator an it'll fire thats what i do i take it you havent got an anti perc fan thats why.

Someone else will clear the others, my steering is a little creaky but who cares. (the misses)

Mat

bigdavec1974
17-07-2010, 09:36
Hey mate, loving the car then?
Jumping out of 2nd gear is a comman issue, normally caused by it being crunched into gear. If so no cure I'm afraid, unless u fancy rebuildind the box. If the gear box oil isn't brand new you could prolly see a copper tint to it, that would be small filings from the ground gear.
The sloppy gear stuck, hmm maybe u are missing the spring, think it attaches somewhere under the car the stablise the stick.
The steering wheel could just be the boss rubbing on the dash, prolly just loosen the centre nut and hit it with a big hammer!! :)
the hot start issue could be and prolly is due to your anti perc fan not working , designed to blow cool air on the carb to stop fuel evaporating. Do u have the fan or like many has it been removed??