PDA

View Full Version : batt

mike's r5
15-07-2010, 19:02
hi guys, i have a drain on the battery, i have checked the earths there all fine, i have had alarm n turbo timer fitted recently, when i got it back it was fine for about 2 weeks then it started 2 get the drain, alternator is charging n will last for about 3 days then its flat, any other ideas. cheers.

royz
16-07-2010, 21:13
how old is the batt. if its old take it to be checked as it could have a faulty cell or be on the way out

mike's r5
08-08-2010, 10:02
i brought a new one when alarm was fitted n have changed for another new one just in case that one was no good but still got a drain, i have unpluged the turbo timer and took out sterio n sub out to rule them out but no change. is there anything else i can try, befor i send it 2 an auto elecrician. cheers.

royz
09-08-2010, 20:50
is it possible to disconect the alarm to see if thats the problem. failing that take it back to the place that fitted the alarm and ask them to check it out as the problems started after it was fitted.

dangerous dave
09-08-2010, 22:40
my old clifford killed my battery on my old astra, i have a 106 locked up in a garage thats also got a killer clifford on it.. 2 days and its dead..

i really hate clifford alarms, they have always been trouble, cobra or toads have been spot on..

mike's r5
10-08-2010, 08:35
I have also noticed that I'm getting interference through my sub.