PDA

View Full Version : Just a quicky... petrol tank question

kayzee
15-07-2010, 14:54
Hi guys just wondering will a tank from a Campus/GTS Prima fit on a GT Turbo? Will I need anything else different like the sender unit etc. thanks...

Duncan Grier
15-07-2010, 15:09
If I remember correctly you loose the extra aux section of the oe setup.

Prob need the hose to tank also - sure someone will confirm though ;)

DG

J$£5GTT
15-07-2010, 17:24
just make sure you get the pipe run from the filler cap to tank.

:)

kayzee
15-07-2010, 19:25
And that's all I need to get a good fit? Thanks very much :p

philg
15-07-2010, 19:49
I have just done this, not to bad of a job.

I also changed the wiring for the campus as well, it has one less sensor, im guessing the other is for the aux tank on the gtt

phil

kayzee
16-07-2010, 00:07
What's this aux tank about?

Funny thing tonight, after fibre-glassing the tank I have it leaked a small amount after it's first drive so I left it standing for a bit. Took it out again tonight and after parking up it's now not currently leaking :scratch: the tank was a bit wet with fuel from before so I wiped it completely clean tonight and will see if I can get it to leak again over the next couple of days before I decide what to do!?

J$£5GTT
16-07-2010, 16:51
What's this aux tank about?

Funny thing tonight, after fibre-glassing the tank I have it leaked a small amount after it's first drive so I left it standing for a bit. Took it out again tonight and after parking up it's now not currently leaking :scratch: the tank was a bit wet with fuel from before so I wiped it completely clean tonight and will see if I can get it to leak again over the next couple of days before I decide what to do!?

fibreglass and fuel dont mix,if you want to seal up a hole or where the bung on the side of the tank goes try (and iv'e mentioned it before cos its good stuff) stixall its oil an petrol resistant.
:):agree: