PDA

View Full Version : Halfords Car Cleaning BOGOF

Logg
14-07-2010, 10:40
Buy one get one free on car cleaning stuff at halfords. Time to stock up me thinks ;)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/categorydisplay_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_cate goryId_165527_langId_-1?cm_cr=No%20Campaign-_-Web%20Activity-_-07-JUL10-CARCLEAN-M-1-_-PRODCAT_ESPOTMAIN_165731-_-07-JUL10-CARCLEAN-M-1

scratcher
14-07-2010, 16:23
Another trip to Halfords for me then :)

It was 3 for 2 last week... The third choice was a toughie :laugh:

dangerous dave
14-07-2010, 19:35
i found this yesterday, was getting some autoglym engine degreaser stuff.. thought she forgot to scan one so was making a fast exit from the till:cool:

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
15-07-2010, 16:37
What are people going for?

Megs or Autoglym?

scratcher
16-07-2010, 15:42
Auto Glym shampoo and Super Resin polish, and Meg Speed Detailer spray.... And Back to black for the GTT :)

Coops
16-07-2010, 16:07
megs stuff usually over autoglym

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
16-07-2010, 22:00
Anybody got any "breakthroughs" on the car cleaning front??

scratcher
17-07-2010, 11:10
Not really a new thing, but it was new for me.... Claying!
It makes the paint feel silky smooth and polishes up noticeably better afterwards :agree:

markey b
17-07-2010, 11:22
Anybody got any "breakthroughs" on the car cleaning front??

dodo juice shampoo, £9 a bottle but is really good, and i'm not a detailing freak but its the best i've found out there!

The new Bill J
17-07-2010, 13:55
dodo juice shampoo, £9 a bottle but is really good, and i'm not a detailing freak but its the best i've found out there!

:agree:

DoDo Juice products in general are the nuts, and are my choice of the moment :cool:

Which shampoo did you try Mark? I've tried both Born to be Mild, and Sour Pour. Everyone raves about the BTBM, but I prefer the Sour Power for some reason. I might try the Super Natural shampoo next, seeing as that's DoDo's flagship line, and the SN wax is the botox :smokin:

Tinka_Dill
17-07-2010, 15:37
Just stocked up on Autoglym plus loads of other stuff.... daaaamn good offer they've got going up there!!!

andyrg
17-07-2010, 19:05
dodoShampoo doesnt strip the wax either :) FTW

jaffa
17-07-2010, 20:57

DoDo Juice products in general are the nuts, and are my choice of the moment :cool:

Which shampoo did you try Mark? I've tried both Born to be Mild, and Sour Pour. Everyone raves about the BTBM, but I prefer the Sour Power for some reason. I might try the Super Natural shampoo next, seeing as that's DoDo's flagship line, and the SN wax is the botox :smokin:

:sad2::laugh:

The new Bill J
17-07-2010, 21:36
:sad2::laugh:

:D

You stick to fixing your car, and I'll stick to cleaning mine :cooter:

car.crash
17-07-2010, 21:40
this is becoming dangerously close to becoming a "DETAILING" thread :wasntme:

Logg
17-07-2010, 21:55

Sorry Marc but RTOC will never be approved by the two bucket gang......

The new Bill J
17-07-2010, 22:00

:wasntme:

I might like cleaning my car, but I only use one bucket, and I NEVER use the word 'detailing' :mad:

:laugh:

J$£5GTT
17-07-2010, 22:22

I might like cleaning my car, but I only use one bucket, and I NEVER use the word 'detailing' :mad:

not a lot of detail on an evo anyhows..
:laugh::cooter::D

The new Bill J
17-07-2010, 22:24
not a lot of detail on an evo anyhows..
:laugh::cooter::D

:cry:

DeanGT5
17-07-2010, 22:51
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Is it only me who thinks Autoglym Super Resin polish is the worse polish you can by:scratch:

J$£5GTT
17-07-2010, 22:54

Is it only me who thinks Autoglym Super Resin polish is the worse polish you can by:scratch:

agree that its not that amazing....folk used to bang on about 'mer'
but i my experience it just makes a mess..
:)

The new Bill J
17-07-2010, 23:02
agree that its not that amazing....folk used to bang on about 'mer'
but i my experience it just makes a mess..
:)

Mer is an absolute shambles of a polish. I tried it once about 10 years ago, and swore I'd never use it again :crap:

Autoglym SRP is a good, solid product, but it is very old now. I haven't used it for a few years, but I was thinking about going and buying some from Halfords while this offer's on.

J$£5GTT
17-07-2010, 23:05
Mer is an absolute shambles of a polish. I tried it once about 10 years ago, and swore I'd never use it again :crap:

Autoglym SRP is a good, solid product, but it is very old now. I haven't used it for a few years, but I was thinking about going and buying some from Halfords while this offer's on.

gta love halfords 'offers',bought some oil a few weeks ago an its the second time i have been presented with some not to shabby screwdrivers!!!
:):agree:

wrightygtt
17-07-2010, 23:33
I use autoglym for no other reason than its easy to take off! :cool: I did the Halfords big shop today as well:laugh: Met some lad that worked there/ is currently building an R5, not sure if he's on here?

Also if you want detail rags, fcuk Halfords off and get 50 for £20 at Screwfix, pretty good for everything and I just reclean/wash mine after each use, saves getting any contaminants in the rag

car.crash
18-07-2010, 06:27
Also if you want detail rags
:banned:

wrightygtt
18-07-2010, 08:37
:laugh:heheh, I have an excuse though as I use them for work:cooter::scared:

scratcher
18-07-2010, 10:36

True that, I bought a 3 liter bottle of the Mer one, used it once and to the back of the shelf it went. Any one want to buy it? haha :)

A mate wants me to come and 'detail' his car today... :scared:

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
18-07-2010, 23:37

:bothered::goodpost::niceone:

djinuk
19-07-2010, 07:23
what is a detailing rag ??

Super resin polish is great for minor swirls, but for anything more your using the wrong stuff.

Im no detail buff

DeanGT5
19-07-2010, 15:05

You mean for "adding minor swirls" haha. :D

Ross
19-07-2010, 15:22
If you've got a dark car black or a raider or tungy say poor boys black hole glaze is amazing product for keeping that wet looking shine!

The new Bill J
19-07-2010, 16:29
If you've got a dark car black or a raider or tungy say poor boys black hole glaze is amazing product for keeping that wet looking shine!

I bought some of this a while ago and it's awesome, and it smells of bubblegum - WIN! :D

djinuk
19-07-2010, 16:55

You mean for "adding minor swirls" haha. :D

nope definatly removing them.. swirls are put in by using dirty sponges with grit in them, super resin has a filling compound, as opposed to being so much of an abrasive like most polishes.

So nope , i definatly mean to remove them, usless your appling it using a brillo pad.

DeanGT5
19-07-2010, 21:04

Try using it then looking at the reflection in the sun!!! It leaves more swirls than you start with.

I have never liked it, I have been valeting cars for 20 years (I used to work at a prestige garage machine polishing Rolls Royces and Astons) Every car I have is flatted with 1500 wet and dry, machine polished then machine pad glazed to a swirl free mirror finish. I tried various polishes, I found Meguires Gold class or Colour magic to be the best!!!!!!(Not the T-cut stuff).

djinuk
19-07-2010, 21:26
you cant really compare wet flating and machine polishing a car , to chucking some super resin onto a rag and giving it a good bit of elbow grease.

As already said, super resin is a filler polish, so it fills scratches as opposed to removing clear coat to bring it back to good flat material., there for using super resin after wet sanding is defeating the point of it. on prestige motors id of thought you would finish with a 2k grit paper before going onto a machine polish for a super shine but i may be wrong, 1500 just seems a little bit abrasive really.

To be fair its been a long time since i had any motor worth polishing, ( currently my cars matt so its all about warm water and washing up liquid), however on tungy grey finish, orange and white , super resin followed by decent wax had always work wonders.

J$£5GTT
19-07-2010, 23:04

I bought some of this a while ago and it's awesome, and it smells of bubblegum - WIN! :D

winety win!!!

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
20-07-2010, 00:26

This is the second time I have heard about Poorboys.

Never used it...YET

DeanGT5
20-07-2010, 09:09

Ive always used 1500 on cars and never had a problem, You have to be a bit more careful or use 2000 on modern cars as the clear coat is alot thinner.

I get what you saying about comparing but even just using SRP on a car thats just been washed still leaves a hazey web finish in the sun light.

Matt Cole
20-07-2010, 10:14
Anyone got the picture of Steve's raider at some show not long back?? I was like wow thats shiny!!!:D Been looking for it ever since using the search but no luck.

clee
20-07-2010, 18:03
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10700893

This is where all this will lead .....3 microns my fekin arse :laugh:

markey b
23-07-2010, 11:12

i've got the one that smells of apple :p only need 2-3drips at the most!

also got the quick cleaner wax and some of the orange smelling soft wax.

all pretty amazing stuff, and good value considering people pay mega money for valeting stuff

markey b
23-07-2010, 11:13

same here... one bucket and flexi blade for me :laugh: