PDA

View Full Version : 9th October trip to Nurburgring & Germany

Big Steve - Raider
13-07-2010, 18:52
Hello guys & girls! :D

As I've mentioned on the boards in a couple of threads before, Millie and I are going back to The 'Ring later this year and wonder if anyone else would like to join us?? :smokin: We're going to be using the Ring Taxi lap that Millie bought me for my Chirstmas last year so have planned this trip to coincide with that.

We're going to travel out on Saturday 9th October and Stay at the 'Ring Sat 9th & Sunday 10th October.

We're going to stay in Germany until the following Wednesday & travelling further down south to visit the Mercedes & Porsche Museum's but haven't planned that part yet?

I've already reserved a few rooms at the Hotel Rieder (http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/rieder.html?sid=45e8847796b630d593c1eda5542a0681;c heckin=2010-10-09;checkout=2010-10-11) for a few people who have already confirmed they wish to come. As far as I know the following people are all 95% going:

Big Steve & Millie > Sat - Wed
Lomo & Nicola > Sat - Wed
Kris M > Sat - Wed
Brigsy > Sat - Wed
J$£5GT > Sat - Wed
Mr Bean AKA Pete & Caroline > Sat - Wed
gtmatt > Sat - Unsure?
Bigfoot & 3 Friends > Sat - Mon
I have booked some Double Rooms and a ONE Triple Room and Costs for the Rooms IN TOTAL for the two nights are as follows:

Double Room €160
Triple Room €230

If anyone is intersted in joining us for this trip please let me know or post on here?

Nick k
13-07-2010, 20:13
Spoke to my bro and he is trying to get a past from the old ball and chain until wednesday. I let you know Steve when he gets back to me :agree:

gtmatt
13-07-2010, 21:00
I will be on this trip as I know u guys are such good company ,brigsy you going from hull ? Or down south ? Maybe we could meet ,I will be in the 172 not booked anything as of yet is there any rooms left in reider ?

Big Steve - Raider
13-07-2010, 21:26
I will be on this trip as I know u guys are such good company ,brigsy you going from hull ? Or down south ? Maybe we could meet ,I will be in the 172 not booked anything as of yet is there any rooms left in reider ?

Glad you'll be joining us Matt! :niceone:

You can have one of the rooms i've booked in the Rieder mate! ;) I'll put your name next to it!

Lomo
13-07-2010, 21:38
Nicky and I are defo's for this!:agree:

J:wasntme:ust try and stop us!

Bigfoot
13-07-2010, 22:05
Couldn't miss a trip over to Germany :D

Brigsy
13-07-2010, 23:20

Ill be going from dover mate as im going in Kris m's ph1. Looking forward to it like:D

Duncan Grier
14-07-2010, 10:09
Now if I could just talk my friend into letting me take his 911 turbo S for a few days and put the baby on hold it could just work :D - in fact I have the 911 today as it is going into the garage buy me - terrible favour to do for a friend lol

gtmatt
14-07-2010, 13:07
Ill be going from dover mate as im going in Kris m's ph1. Looking forward to it like:D

Do you wana drive down there together then whats the plans ???

gtmatt
14-07-2010, 13:08
Glad you'll be joining us Matt! :niceone:

You can have one of the rooms i've booked in the Rieder mate! ;) I'll put your name next to it!

happy days

Big Steve - Raider
14-07-2010, 21:40
Just to let you guys know that we have booked the following crossings with Norfolkline:

Depart: DOVER to DUNKERQUE 09/10/10 08:00
Return: DUNKERQUE to DOVER 13/10/10 16:01

Bigfoot
14-07-2010, 22:02
Staying in Hotel Rieder on the Monday night as well so if anyone not wanting to travel to the next hotel on the monday you are more than welcome to keep us company :) or if you can put up with me and 3 mates.

Rob@Backyardracing
14-07-2010, 22:15
Balls Balls... Id really love to go on one of these trips... sounds like im missing out!!! That weekend clashes with an event over at E-town New jersey i wanted to head out to for a few days.... :scared:.. duno what do nowwwwww... :(..

mr bean aka pete
15-07-2010, 06:37
Yep Me and Mrs Bean are up for this 110% so put us down if you can? will speak to you about it on friday :)

Big Steve - Raider
15-07-2010, 10:55
Yep Me and Mrs Bean are up for this 110% so put us down if you can? will speak to you about it on friday :)

Your names are down matey! See first post! ;)

gtmatt
15-07-2010, 13:00
Balls Balls... Id really love to go on one of these trips... sounds like im missing out!!! That weekend clashes with an event over at E-town New jersey i wanted to head out to for a few days.... :scared:.. duno what do nowwwwww... :(..

jump in with me if you want lad ,split the cost ??:)

Big Steve - Raider
15-07-2010, 13:02
jump in with me if you want lad ,split the cost ??:)

Now theirs a stirling idea! :niceone:

Junglist
16-07-2010, 20:38
Hi all , if all goes well i would love to attend, as i live in Germany anyway, though still a long way from the ring , :)
as soon as i know for definate i will post up ,
i have booked a room allready ,, fingers crossed ;)

i take it theire will be track time ? costs ?

Nick k
17-07-2010, 08:48
Im "riding Solo" it would appear at the moment, so looks like there is a spare passenger seat in the Cab if anybody wants a ride at any stage of the trip :)

gtmatt
18-07-2010, 16:44
im still riding solo not had a yes from rob yet i am be staying sat nite sun nite and return mon ,, :)

Big Steve - Raider
18-07-2010, 21:42
Hi all , if all goes well i would love to attend, as i live in Germany anyway, though still a long way from the ring , :)
as soon as i know for definate i will post up ,
i have booked a room allready ,, fingers crossed ;)

i take it theire will be track time ? costs ?

Hey Dan,

It'd be great to meet up with you whilst we are over their!! :niceone:

The ring just operates on a Pays your money & drive the ring deal. I don't know how much it is for a lap now, i'm thinking it's circa €25 ish now?? :rolleyes:

If you can't make it down to Nurburg Dan, we're going to be stopping off somewhere near Cologne on our way home on the Tuesday night so if you want to drive down their & meet up with us for a night then let us know?

Steve ;)

Adam L
19-07-2010, 00:05
I took my 200 off the road 2 weeks ago because it's never going to get rebuilt if I keep driving it. So i've had to throw any ideas of Mallory out the window.

The engine is literally ready to put together now, so Dawn and I could realistically make this... Unless I change my mind on something, again. I suppose i'll have to see how it goes over the next couple of weeks as i've still got parts to buy yet.

Rob@Backyardracing
19-07-2010, 07:51
im still riding solo not had a yes from rob yet i am be staying sat nite sun nite and return mon ,, :)

Havnt forgot Mate, will let you all know very soon.. :)

Junglist
19-07-2010, 12:56
Hey Dan,

It'd be great to meet up with you whilst we are over their!! :niceone:

The ring just operates on a Pays your money & drive the ring deal. I don't know how much it is for a lap now, i'm thinking it's circa €25 ish now?? :rolleyes:

If you can't make it down to Nurburg Dan, we're going to be stopping off somewhere near Cologne on our way home on the Tuesday night so if you want to drive down their & meet up with us for a night then let us know?

Steve ;)

Cheers Steve hopefully ill be able to make it to the ring for a couple of nights but if i cant make it there then i wont be able to get to cologne either as i live 45mins above Hannover its still a treck. Im hopefully geting a new 5 this month as mine is due breaking i think :crap: so ill be in that :) all going well

Penfold aka The Dealer
20-07-2010, 09:45
Looks Like i am gonna have to Cancel, Charlotte cant get time of work, so no go for me...

I have a double room booked at hotel Reider for 2 nights (Sat 9th - Monday 11th) cost €160 , and a double with Jacuzzi at Hotel Astoria am Urachplatz in stuttgart for 2 nights (Monday 11th-Wednesday 13th) cost €170

So thats €330 for 4 nights, if anybody is interested in taking over the booking then let me know :)

Bigfoot
20-07-2010, 09:57
Why dont you find a passenger to pop along for the journey and still come over

Penfold aka The Dealer
20-07-2010, 10:05
Why dont you find a passenger to pop along for the journey and still come over

Nah It wouldnt be fair on Charlotte, she really wants to go, another time :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-07-2010, 14:59
Im "riding Solo" it would appear at the moment, so looks like there is a spare passenger seat in the Cab if anybody wants a ride at any stage of the trip :)

hmm, thats got me thinking.....:)

Bigfoot
20-07-2010, 15:14
hmm, thats got me thinking.....:)

Come on Jesus you know you want to :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
20-07-2010, 16:30
Come on Jesus you know you want to :D

sounding good...hmm, ill be seeing steve on friday....:)

Ricardo
11-08-2010, 20:06
Just to let you guys know that we have booked the following crossings with Norfolkline:

Depart: DOVER to DUNKERQUE 09/10/10 08:00
Return: DUNKERQUE to DOVER 13/10/10 16:01

Steve, we're just looking at Norfolkline prices for the Friday.... 13 quid outbound :D

We're gonna come back Sunday, the price for the 8pm return ferry crossing is 17 quid

Rude not to book it now, Eurotunnel are asking 95 quid and P&O 55 quid. Just thought i'd give peeps the heads up :)

Big Steve - Raider
11-08-2010, 21:19
Steve, we're just looking at Norfolkline prices for the Friday.... 13 quid outbound :D

We're gonna come back Sunday, the price for the 8pm return ferry crossing is 17 quid

Rude not to book it now, Eurotunnel are asking 95 quid and P&O 55 quid. Just thought i'd give peeps the heads up :)

WOW :eek: I Didn't know you were planning on coming matey!!

Good Times!! :agree::agree::agree:

Ricardo
11-08-2010, 22:11
We've booked the ferry and on the same outbound one as you :cool:

We're catching the 8pm on Sunday :) and more than likely hook up with you lot in the same hotel over the weekend.

Bigfoot
11-08-2010, 22:14
We've booked the ferry and on the same outbound one as you :cool:

We're catching the 8pm on Sunday :) and more than likely hook up with you lot in the same hotel over the weekend.

:cool: more people over there, going to be great trip once again

Lomo
11-08-2010, 23:02
:cool: more people over there, going to be great trip once again

:agree:

Finalised all our bookings yesterday!

Cant wait..In need of a good trip away!

Dudders
17-08-2010, 17:11
i like the sound of this, i will try an find a trailer as i will want to take my bike along, i can stick it in the back of the van and tow the car too :D could poss do saturday to monday will let you know.
ps could fill rest of van with spare parts/tyres for all :agree:

BriC
18-08-2010, 12:40
This sounds good. Might have to come in my new car. What do I need to book then? Ferry and accommodation? Also - anyone want a ride in a big comfy v8 (autobahns here I come!) let me know :)

Big Steve - Raider
20-08-2010, 08:30
This sounds good. Might have to come in my new car. What do I need to book then? Ferry and accommodation? Also - anyone want a ride in a big comfy v8 (autobahns here I come!) let me know :)

Good Morning Bricolas! :D

Right mate, firstly you need to decide how long you're coming for?? Sat - Sun, Mon or Whenever?

Once you've decided that you need to book a Ferry Crossing over on Norfolkline then a hotel room a the Hotel Rieder (http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/rieder.html?sid=569468fcb72e5eb67eb2d0570c33acb4;c heckin=2010-10-09;checkout=2010-10-11) for as long as you want to stay.

If you want to come for longer let me know & i'll let you know the rest of the itinery? ;)

BriC
20-08-2010, 09:12
Good Morning Bricolas! :D

Right mate, firstly you need to decide how long you're coming for?? Sat - Sun, Mon or Whenever?

Once you've decided that you need to book a Ferry Crossing over on Norfolkline then a hotel room a the Hotel Rieder (http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/rieder.html?sid=569468fcb72e5eb67eb2d0570c33acb4;c heckin=2010-10-09;checkout=2010-10-11) for as long as you want to stay.

If you want to come for longer let me know & i'll let you know the rest of the itinery? ;)

Thank you my good sir :)

Sounds good - I'll have a word with a few of my mates.

Out of interest, do you know of any camp sites in the area? Having said that 160 euro's for a double room for 2 nights isn't very expensive at all.. about £130 split between two

Junglist
04-09-2010, 09:10
im defo coming now :) but maybe in a multi coloured 5,
coming with wife and kids though :dearme:
arrive on the 9th leave on the 11th , staying at the same hotel :):)

GAME ON

Big Steve - Raider
04-09-2010, 09:48
:niceone::niceone::niceone::niceone::niceone:

J$£5GTT
05-09-2010, 22:18
:niceone::niceone::niceone::niceone::niceone:

:agree:

mr bean aka pete
08-09-2010, 20:00
so is anybody staying down the night b4 if so what hotel are you staying in ???????

Lomo
08-09-2010, 20:58
so is anybody staying down the night b4 if so what hotel are you staying in ???????

yes mate, we'll be staying in the travelodge at the port (although not yet booked it) :agree:

J$£5GTT
08-09-2010, 23:56
not long now,only a few weeks away....doin my clutch this w'end with mr M an few other bits, get the old girl ready for action,can already smell the mountain air an taste them lady beers.....:D:beer:

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
10-09-2010, 10:28
I would be up for going Sat - Mon. I will find out if i can get time off work and let you know.

:)

Bigfoot
10-09-2010, 11:23
1 Month to go :) Practice this weeked with more drinking :)

That month is going to be great :D going to see Guns & Roses the weekend after we come back :cool: lots of time off work.

Junglist
10-09-2010, 18:13
Right got less than a month to replace sills , refit turbo/exhaust weld boot floor pan and respray , no probs.
I drilled out my door hinges on my own the other day and it was pritty easy, it was just thinking about doing it that was the hardest :laugh:

Lomo
10-09-2010, 19:08
not long now,only a few weeks away....doin my clutch this w'end with mr M an few other bits, get the old girl ready for action,can already smell the mountain air an taste them lady beers.....:D:beer:

:agree: I can almost feel the smoooooth roads!:smokin:

Big Steve - Raider
11-09-2010, 09:49
Right guys and girls! You all know my love of a good list so I need to know your thoughts of when you want me to book a table at the Pistenklause for a Steak on the Stone Dinner?! :D

If we go on the Sat night then it will be a long day for everyone after travelling to Nurburg but I think the Sat night will be the busyiest with everyone their?

If we do it on the Sun night then we don't have a long day on the Saturday etc & can just take our time?

If you don't put your name down for this list then I'm Not going to book you a space at the meal, SIMPLE

Put down your preference of night, next to your name then i'll go with the Majority.

***Copy & Paste from HERE!***
1) Big Steve & Millie - Sun

Lomo
11-09-2010, 16:09
2) Lomo & Nicky - Sun

Kris M
11-09-2010, 21:25
2) Lomo & Nicky - Sun
3) Kris M, Brigsy, J$£5GTT - Sun :)

Ricardo
11-09-2010, 22:21
We'll be heading back Sunday afternoon

mr bean aka pete
12-09-2010, 21:49
[quote=Big Steve - Raider;176751]Right guys and girls! You all know my love of a good list so I need to know your thoughts of when you want me to book a table at the Pistenklause for a Steak on the Stone Dinner?! :D

If we go on the Sat night then it will be a long day for everyone after travelling to Nurburg but I think the Sat night will be the busyiest with everyone their?

If we do it on the Sun night then we don't have a long day on the Saturday etc & can just take our time?

If you don't put your name down for this list then I'm Not going to book you a space at the meal, SIMPLE

Put down your preference of night, next to your name then i'll go with the Majority.

***Copy & Paste from HERE!***
2) Mr Bean & Mrs Bean- Sun

Bigfoot
13-09-2010, 00:01
2) Lomo & Nicky - Sun
4) Mr Bean & Mrs Bean- Sun
5) Bigfoot + 3 mates - Sun

J$£5GTT
13-09-2010, 23:27
pistenklause,very nice,but the fries portions are so stingy....extra portions ftw!!
we are on holiday!!
:D:p

Big Steve - Raider
14-09-2010, 10:43
Table booked for 15 for the Sunday night at 7:30pm :yeah: :niceone:

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
14-09-2010, 20:57
Just booked the hotel and ferry, staying over saturday and sunday night. Cant wait!! :):):)

Lomo
14-09-2010, 22:11
Table booked for 15 for the Sunday night at 7:30pm :yeah: :niceone:

Love it!! :D:niceone:

J$£5GTT
15-09-2010, 22:38
Love it!! :D:niceone:

the v6 clio our official weiner mobile!!!
:D:laugh:

Ricardo
16-09-2010, 20:57
We've just booked the Hotel for the Friday and Saturday night, can't wait :cool:

Junglist
17-09-2010, 13:04
Just got my new t25 in the post :). sills gettin done next week , respray the week after , fingers crossed will all be done in time :)

Big Steve - Raider
17-09-2010, 13:45
:niceone:

mr bean aka pete
17-09-2010, 21:22
All looking good and coming together :cool: CANT WAIT !!!!!

Lomo
18-09-2010, 00:30
the v6 clio our official weiner mobile!!!
:D:laugh:

:laugh:

I was only thinking of that today! :laugh:

Bring it on mate! :agree:

Jessop
20-09-2010, 11:33
Alrite guys,

Im trantically trying to book time off work for this.. i shuld know in the next few days if im in luck.

I'd be looking to tag along with you guys in the AX, but will i have any issue getting myself a room at the chosen hotel etc? Ferry shouldnt be too much bother i wouldnt have thought.

Steve - is there anything i need other than a passport, a car and some spare cash ? :wasntme:

Cheers

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
20-09-2010, 19:02
Alrite guys,

Im trantically trying to book time off work for this.. i shuld know in the next few days if im in luck.

I'd be looking to tag along with you guys in the AX, but will i have any issue getting myself a room at the chosen hotel etc? Ferry shouldnt be too much bother i wouldnt have thought.

Steve - is there anything i need other than a passport, a car and some spare cash ? :wasntme:

Cheers

There are still rooms left at Hotel Rieder.
http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/rieder.html?sid=45e8847796b630d593c1eda5542a0681;c heckin=2010-10-09;checkout=2010-10-11

Junglist
20-09-2010, 20:57
looks like i may have to give it a miss :cry::cry:,
took my car in for its spray today and the guy said it will take 3-4 weeks :eek:. i was hopeing it would be less .
also the nobber said i need to strip all the kit off myself first body kit / bumbers including all windows as he cant do it , :scratch:. if it wasnt the only garage in my area i would have told him to fcuk off......... ps :cry:

mr bean aka pete
20-09-2010, 21:39
Jessop Alrite guys,

Cheers

your need a warning triangle,spare bulb kit and a high viz jacket for each person in the vehicle just incase you breakdown :rolleyes: think thats it im sure someone else will tell us different

Jessop
21-09-2010, 10:32
Cheers dude, just sounds like something else to slide around in the back and weigh me down mind.. haha:wasntme:

Anyway, what is the plan for this trip????

I hear theres a plan to visit a merc museum in germany on one day and the odd night out/do ? where, which days etc?

What is the route planned? Is it just sat/sun we'll be at the ring/on track ?

Its quite likley my passenger will have her birthday on the 10th [Sunday] too :eek:

Cheers

gtmatt
21-09-2010, 10:59
due to work commitments i will not be able to make this job as i go to kuwait and i am there for a while now as job has been extended, also i didnt fancy traveling down on my own lol.

i hope you guys have an amazing time and i am sure i will be going again in the future.

have a good 1 matt:)

Big Steve - Raider
21-09-2010, 12:49
:badone: Sorry you can't make it Matt. :crap:

Lomo
21-09-2010, 14:18
Yeh,shame that fella! :disagree::(

Jessop
24-09-2010, 16:21
Alrite guys, finally managed to get the time off work =]

Will be over for the duration in the old AX :devil:

Getting booked up tonight as it appears the computers at work wont load the booking page , d'oh! :crap:

See you guys soon.

Bigfoot
24-09-2010, 16:26
One drops out :( one person joins :D

Ricardo
24-09-2010, 17:55
2 Fridays time i'll be there :beer::D

Brigsy
24-09-2010, 18:07
Cant wait, bring on the beer steins & steak on the stone:D

J$£5GTT
24-09-2010, 18:44
One drops out :( one person joins :D

never mind,we gta head down to that bar near gunters see if that american chick is there again.....the smoking bar!!!! :smokin:

Lomo
24-09-2010, 18:53
2 weeks tonight and I'll be chillin' in Dover with some dinner and a beer....Bring on the hols...:agree:

Bigfoot
24-09-2010, 18:55
never mind,we gta head down to that bar near gunters see if that american chick is there again.....the smoking bar!!!! :smokin:

Check out what fine alcohol he has this year :cool:

J$£5GTT
24-09-2010, 18:57
2 weeks tonight and I'll be chillin' in Dover with some dinner and a beer....Bring on the hols...:agree:

:agree::)

J$£5GTT
24-09-2010, 18:58
Check out what fine alcohol he has this year :cool:

oktober fest!!!
:D

Jessop
24-09-2010, 19:01
Is everyone going over for the duration, until the wednesday ? :smokin:

Lomo
24-09-2010, 19:05
Is everyone going over for the duration, until the wednesday ? :smokin:

I think a majority of us are yeh :agree::cool:

Bigfoot
24-09-2010, 19:15
Im only staying till tuesday, but staying around the area rather than moving on

Jessop
24-09-2010, 19:32
If any of you guys are interested its quite likley me & my passenger could be mooching up to a travelodge on the wednesday night near Alton and spending the day at Alton Towers on the thursday as a bit of a fun chillout before going home :D

Anybody interested?

J$£5GTT
24-09-2010, 19:51
Im only staying till tuesday, but staying around the area rather than moving on

dodgy bugger!!..:cooter:

Bigfoot
24-09-2010, 19:56
dodgy bugger!!..:cooter:

I know you want Aidan but you just going to have to miss out on him for one day whilst you move on to the next place

J$£5GTT
24-09-2010, 19:59
I know you want Aidan but you just going to have to miss out on him for one day whilst you move on to the next place

i just want...:beer:...oh an steak..yum'yum...:yeah:

Bigfoot
24-09-2010, 20:03
i just want...:beer:...oh an steak..yum'yum...:yeah:

Hmm beer :D or x2 :laugh: have to get out that 6 pint glass :smokin:

Lomo
24-09-2010, 20:05
Hmm beer :D or x2 :laugh: have to get out that 6 pint glass :smokin:

:D I still laugh at your profile picture on Facebook!! Good times!

Jessup, I think Thursday will be spent at home recovering froma good 5 days fella..Oblivion would send me over the edge...literally! :D

Bigfoot
24-09-2010, 20:19
Still undecided on day come back might go and watch the england match.

Jessop
24-09-2010, 21:46
lol lomo, no chance!

It'll just be less tame than the ring :cooter:

J$£5GTT
24-09-2010, 21:56
be nice to try an seek out some better viewing spots this time,although that one on the corner where you can get off is good fun,in the town near lidl...
:):)

Big Steve - Raider
24-09-2010, 23:33
be nice to try an seek out some better viewing spots this time,although that one on the corner where you can get off is good fun,in the town near lidl...
:):)

Yeah definately looking to get some more exploring done & if we're feeling REALLY adventurous we can climb the Eifel Mountains & get to Adenau Forscht!

It's an EPIC climb!!

Reading all those posts above has certainly got me hopping about now all excited for the trip!! REALLY looking forwards to it!! The Hotel Rieder 6 Pint Glass for the WIN!! Certainly getting another one of those but i'll let Fail Dale finish off the last mouthfull again! :sad:

:laugh::wasntme:

Bigfoot
24-09-2010, 23:53
Yeah definately looking to get some more exploring done & if we're feeling REALLY adventurous we can climb the Eifel Mountains & get to Adenau Forscht!

It's an EPIC climb!!

Reading all those posts above has certainly got me hopping about now all excited for the trip!! REALLY looking forwards to it!! The Hotel Rieder 6 Pint Glass for the WIN!! Certainly getting another one of those but i'll let Fail Dale finish off the last mouthfull again! :sad:

:laugh::wasntme:

This time ill buy it again just for myself :wasntme:

Big Steve - Raider
25-09-2010, 00:00
This time ill buy it again just for myself :wasntme:

:worship: :goodJob:

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-09-2010, 07:07

You should have stayed in Ashford, often a few people stay at mine and local premier inn, meet up in beef-eater and have some grup/beers/laughs...

J$£5GTT
25-09-2010, 18:55
you packing an a-frame in the mondeo of passion bigity steve??

thats nice of you penfold mate but were all just say a quick hello an goodbye in the tesco carpark....:cooter::laugh:

Jessop
25-09-2010, 19:30
For the scran sunday:

2) Lomo & Nicky - Sun
4) Mr Bean & Mrs Bean- Sun
5) Bigfoot + 3 mates - Sun
6) Jessop & Laura - Sun

Lomo
26-09-2010, 10:37
You should have stayed in Ashford, often a few people stay at mine and local premier inn, meet up in beef-eater and have some grup/beers/laughs...

One for the future Chris :agree: Its just such a handy place to stay when your up at silly o'clock the next morning! :D

Ricardo
26-09-2010, 11:15
One for the future Chris :agree: Its just such a handy place to stay when your up at silly o'clock the next morning! :D

1 time me and Tricky stayed over so we could get the early train the next morning :ashamed:

Plenty of beer, didge and bass, almost swordfighting on the landing. 2am bedtime only for a 5am wakeup call :D So much for the early night :coffee:

Big Steve - Raider
26-09-2010, 11:19
Plenty of beer, didge and bass

Didge & bass FTW!!;)

Penfold aka The Dealer
28-09-2010, 07:45
1 time me and Tricky stayed over so we could get the early train the next morning :ashamed:

Plenty of beer, didge and bass, almost swordfighting on the landing. 2am bedtime only for a 5am wakeup call :D So much for the early night :coffee:

:agree::) Was a good night tho...

Ricardo
30-09-2010, 20:14
It always is mate

Lomo
03-10-2010, 19:40
:coffee:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11462595

Passport check. Insurance check. RAC cover check. Non GB number plate on Vee check. George Bush look alike competition entrance form in bin check.

Think we're good to go!

Big Steve - Raider
03-10-2010, 19:57
George Bush look alike competition entrance form in bin check

As we're with J I'm sure we'll be unharmed as no-one knows where he's from?! :scared: :laugh: ;)

J$£5GTT
03-10-2010, 20:14

As we're with J I'm sure we'll be unharmed as no-one knows where he's from?! :scared: :laugh: ;)

check!!!

Lomo
03-10-2010, 21:00

That to me is the perfect recipe for kidnapping...You'll have 6 different nations fighting for his freedom!:cylon:

J$£5GTT
03-10-2010, 21:06
on a serious note tho...we cant go on top deck!!!!!
the M said its a no go for the sidey an the clio ian...
if we get there early enough tho we get first inline i guess??
:dearme:

Kris M
03-10-2010, 21:10
Yeah, i need to tell Norfolkline that we cant physically get the cars up and over the ramp that takes you onto the upper deck of the ferry.....I got the 5 beached on there last time and that was without the massive silencer currently on the Tiger sidey :scared:

Lomo
03-10-2010, 21:28
Im sure we got the Clio up there last time...:crap::scratch:

Ricardo
04-10-2010, 18:32
The Clio's done mechanically, i'm just waiting for the metal fabricator to modify the bucket seat subframes! The usual last minute Thursday evening rush to get em bolted in :o

A blast with the hoover and a wash, sorted :cool:

J$£5GTT
04-10-2010, 21:04
The Clio's done mechanically, i'm just waiting for the metal fabricator to modify the bucket seat subframes! The usual last minute Thursday evening rush to get em bolted in :o

A blast with the hoover and a wash, sorted :cool:

hoover an wash....:agree:,nothing sucks like an electrolux.....:D:laugh:

J$£5GTT
04-10-2010, 22:59
http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/Germany/Nurburgring-Circuit.aspx?sday=5

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YGLQQZTHoU0/SDbtiNWI90I/AAAAAAAACow/dRbpFbaWMMc/s400/OktoberfestBeer.jpg

Kris M
05-10-2010, 19:28
Just got off the phone to Brigsy. With ref to the Redline "free lap" vouchers, a mate of his has just been to the ring and said that you can use as many vouchers as you want, so stock up not whilst you can !! :D

mr bean aka pete
05-10-2010, 21:23
just booked into the premier inn, in dover right next to the ferry port if anyone else is staying there ?? cant wait bring on smooth, flat roads and the :burnrubber::beer:

Bigfoot
05-10-2010, 21:44
just booked into the premier inn, in dover right next to the ferry port if anyone else is staying there ?? cant wait bring on smooth, flat roads and the :burnrubber::beer:

Whats the cost for there? Seeing £50 being cheapest, can 4 people stay in a room does anyone know?

Big Steve - Raider
05-10-2010, 21:45
Whats the cost for there? Seeing £50 being cheapest, can 4 people stay in a room does anyone know?

:scared:

:innocent:

Bigfoot
05-10-2010, 22:15
More money saved = more drink :D

J$£5GTT
05-10-2010, 22:24

cant do things like that....:D:laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
05-10-2010, 22:27
For those of you that aren't pushing four into a bed & finding what the little one said... :laugh:

We'll meet at the usual Ashford Tesco's at 6:00am and then depart by 6:20 or when everyone gets there.

Those of us who will be there:

1) Big Steve, Millie and Jezzlebury
2) Krissy M & Brigsy
3) J$£5GTT

Any other takers.

Kris M
05-10-2010, 22:32
2) Krissy M & Brigsy
3) J$£5GTT
4) Jessop and passenger will also be with us

JRP
05-10-2010, 22:36
if my hands wernt buggerd id come:cry:

Bigfoot
05-10-2010, 22:40
2) Krissy M & Brigsy
3) J$£5GTT
5) Bigfoot, Aidan, +1 and little one :laugh:

J$£5GTT
05-10-2010, 22:42
if my hands wernt buggerd id come:cry:

maybe next time jon....:agree:

i love firing up the ole' girl in the early morn an heading out..earlier the better...:cooter::wasntme:

JRP
05-10-2010, 22:45
maybe next time jon....:agree:

i love firing up the ole' girl in the early morn an heading out..earlier the better...:cooter::wasntme:

i'll come in your car next time... aint got money to go this time eithjer id love to tho :) i'll pay squirt money lol

J$£5GTT
05-10-2010, 22:49
i'll come in your car next time... aint got money to go this time eithjer id love to tho :) i'll pay squirt money lol

:agree:...if i can will bring you back an october fest beer mate.

JRP
05-10-2010, 22:50
:agree:...if i can will bring you back an october fest beer mate.

big time banjo big time... your like a brother too me

Nick k
05-10-2010, 23:51
2) Krissy M & Brigsy
3) J$£5GTT
6) Tarmac trasher - Nick
7) La Presidenti?? My brother !!!! :D

Lomo
06-10-2010, 07:55

we are dude :agree:

Steve, will phone you tomorrow to see whats best for us to do on the Saturday morning, ie where to meet you guys etc...Whats everyone doing on the Friday night?

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
06-10-2010, 09:10
2) Krissy M & Brigsy
3) J$£5GTT
6) Tarmac trasher - Nick
7) La Presidenti?? My brother !!!! :D
8)Tom, my brother and two others :)

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
06-10-2010, 09:12
Does anyone have a postcode for the tesco meet point? thanks

Jessop
06-10-2010, 15:46
Aye should be able to meet in Ashford for 6am ..

I'm stopping at a friends house just off Junction 7 of the M25 so no doubt most of you will be driving this way anyhoo so keep an eye out for me =]

Whats the plan for Sunday guys? Ring all day then back to hotel to get ready for steak on a stone & germany's finest Ale ? :smokin:

Bigfoot
06-10-2010, 16:18
Yeah, hang around car park perving over the cars, go round track, go to a few view points, grab food somewhere etc

Jessop
06-10-2010, 16:26
Defo up for steak on a stone .. :D

Steve - you booked us up ?

Bigfoot
06-10-2010, 16:34
Chris, its booked up for 15 people, if you look at page 2 on here, not sure on if all seats taken, but sometimes they can squeeze in a few more people if not fully booked up.

Big Steve - Raider
06-10-2010, 16:45
I've just had a little tot up about the Meals i'm planning for the Sat & Sunday night & reckon we have the following numbers:

Saturday Night at the Hotel Rieder:
1 Steve Thomson 2 Sarah Miller 3 Jeremy Nesbitt 4 Nicholas Kettle 5 Paul Kettle 6 Iain Lomax 7 Nicola Broome 8 Kristopher Marmoy 9 Jon Briggs 10 Pete Randall 11 Caroline 12 Justin Fischer 13 Chris Jessop 14 Chris Jessop +1 15 Dale Jarvis 16 Dale +1 17 Dale +2 18 Dale +3 19 Ricardo 20 Ricardo +1 21 Toms GTT 22 Toms GTT +1 23 Toms GTT +2 24 Toms GTT +3

Sunday Night at the Pistenklause:
1 Steve Thomson 2 Sarah Miller 3 Jeremy Nesbitt 4 Iain Lomax 5 Nicola Broome 6 Kristopher Marmoy 7 Jon Briggs 8 Pete Randall 9 Caroline 10 Justin Fischer 11 Chris Jessop 12 Chris Jessop +1 13 Dale Jarvis 14 Dale +1 15 Dale +2 16 Dale +3 17 Toms GTT 18 Toms GTT +1 19 Toms GTT +2 20 Toms GTT +3

I'd pre-empted this & had increased the reservation in the Pistenklause on the Sunday to 19 :rolleyes:

I'm sure they can rustle another seat up? ;)

Jessop
06-10-2010, 16:55
Top man steve :agree: - Be gutted to see anybody miss out like :eek:

Cant wait now!
Swapped the AO48's front / back yesterday - about 2mm on the back and 4mm on the front - see how we get on lol :devil:

Hopefully its dry eh lol

Bigfoot
06-10-2010, 16:57
Swapped the AO48's front / back yesterday - about 2mm on the back and 4mm on the front - see how we get on lol :devil:

Is that how much tread you got left?

Jessop
06-10-2010, 16:59
Something like that, :scared:
Can't say ive measured properly like.

Bigfoot
06-10-2010, 17:00
Something like that, :scared:
Can't say ive measured properly like.

Just trying to find the laws on tyre depth, its different out there than in england.

Jessop
06-10-2010, 17:03
Was speaking to Kris M about this the other day, apparently after Sept they dont permit the use of semi slicks on road cars either - but turn a blind eye to foreign cars :smokin:

Be fine im sure. :scared:
I think the limit is 3mm mind.. [ guesstimated mine away from wear markers]

Any chance of a good old sing song for my passengers 'happy birthday' on the Sunday night? :wasntme:

Bigfoot
06-10-2010, 17:07
All the times I have been over there only 1 person in the group has been pulled over for speeding and impersonating a police car :laugh:

erm singing :crap: wait till everyone has had a few :drunk:

Big Steve - Raider
06-10-2010, 17:12
Any chance of a good old sing song for my passengers 'happy birthday' on the Sunday night? :wasntme:

DOUBLE CELEBRATION ALERT!!

It's Mr Bean's Birthday on Sunday 10th October Also! :beer::beer::goodJob::uhhuh::drunk::drunk:

IMPENDING SESSION!!

Bigfoot
06-10-2010, 17:17
Call Hotel Reider better get some more 3 litre glasses in :wasntme:

J$£5GTT
06-10-2010, 18:11
Was speaking to Kris M about this the other day, apparently after Sept they dont permit the use of semi slicks on road cars either - but turn a blind eye to foreign cars :smokin:

Be fine im sure. :scared:
I think the limit is 3mm mind.. [ guesstimated mine away from wear markers]

swapped my toyo's around a few weeks ago,they got a few mm left on them for the trip......:smokin:,tbh i think there do till at least january....:D

found this vid of the porsche museum....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i335Oun9uaw&feature=fvst

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
07-10-2010, 09:04
Steve - whats the postcode for the tesco that your all meeting at sat morning?

Bigfoot
07-10-2010, 09:16
Ashford Tescos postcode - TN24 0YE

The new Bill J
07-10-2010, 12:17
Ashford Tescos postcode - TN24 0YE

Have a look at the big sign above the door while you're there :cartman:

Bigfoot
07-10-2010, 12:20
Have a look at the big sign above the door while you're there :cartman:

:coffee::bla::upyours2: :laugh:

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
07-10-2010, 15:32
Cheers Bigfoot - should hopefully get there, my focus has just started making funny noises from the engine so might have to get a small run around car and go in that. :)

Big Steve - Raider
07-10-2010, 16:31
my focus has just started making funny noises from the engine

Brum Brum or Vroom Vroom!? :laugh:

See you there Tom in whatever you turn up in mate! :niceone:

I'll be in the old RTOC Support Wagon :D

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/06.jpg

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
07-10-2010, 16:40
Going to look at one tomorrow, so fingers crossed its a good runner! See you sat morning 6 oclock at tesco! :)

Big Steve - Raider
07-10-2010, 16:43
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/IMG_1360.jpg

Not long now..............

Bigfoot
07-10-2010, 16:57
hmm Beer :)

Running around trying to sort out a head unit, got one in from work, some barsteward gone and stolen the lead out of the box and now cant get hold of one of those :cry: until monday and direct from pioneer. anyone got any cassette tapes????

Lomo
07-10-2010, 17:02
hmm Beer :)

Running around trying to sort out a head unit, got one in from work, some barsteward gone and stolen the lead out of the box and now cant get hold of one of those :cry: until monday and direct from pioneer. anyone got any cassette tapes????

Dale, I have one round at the folks house if you want me to bring it with me! Cd headunit, took it out my mums car..You can gladly use it for the trip mate, will only take 10 mins to fit!

Bigfoot
07-10-2010, 17:07
Dale, I have one round at the folks house if you want me to bring it with me! Cd headunit, took it out my mums car..You can gladly use it for the trip mate, will only take 10 mins to fit!

Has it got leads with it? Great if you could, only want to borrow it for weekend if you want it back. Ill rip the headunit out of this car and make sure I got a converter, should be its a kenwood already installed.

Fancy installing this pioneer head unit, very cheap price, well cheaper now have to get the lead in, has bluetooth and hands free mobile calls.

Big Steve - Raider
07-10-2010, 17:09

:laugh: Friday night Stereo fitting in the Travelodge Car park! :niceone: that's the RTOC spirit I love!

Mind you it makes a change for stereo's to be fitted in a Travelodge car park :laugh::wasntme:

Bigfoot
07-10-2010, 17:23
:laugh: Friday night Stereo fitting in the Travelodge Car park! :niceone: that's the RTOC spirit I love!

Mind you it makes a change for stereo's to be fitted in a Travelodge car park :laugh::wasntme:

:laugh: just bring a flash torch and a crow bar and see if anyone bats an eyelid

Lomo
07-10-2010, 18:36
Has it got leads with it? Great if you could, only want to borrow it for weekend if you want it back. Ill rip the headunit out of this car and make sure I got a converter, should be its a kenwood already installed.

Fancy installing this pioneer head unit, very cheap price, well cheaper now have to get the lead in, has bluetooth and hands free mobile calls.

Im a scouser, no leads Im afraid, not even a face plate..The owner of the car we broke in to must have taken it in with him..Still, the back was in good condition and the tomtom on his window is taking me to germany..:laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
07-10-2010, 18:37
:laugh::laugh::laugh: ai ai ai... Calm Down! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

JRP
07-10-2010, 18:38
Im a scouser, no leads Im afraid, not even a face plate..The owner of the car we broke in to must have taken it in with him..Still, the back was in good condition and the tomtom on his window is taking me to germany..:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lomo
07-10-2010, 18:44
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/__vZ4-Zw17zs/ScpTwIAjhzI/AAAAAAAAB5Q/Hm1QpQrwvJ8/s400/scouser.jpg

J$£5GTT
07-10-2010, 18:46
who needs a stereo when you got a side exit......:devil:

an steve those 3 litre beers are orrible....every gulp an the back wash evolves...

FAIL,,BIG FAIL!!!!! :D:dearme::laugh:

Bigfoot
07-10-2010, 18:58

Ha ha, well been up to Liverpool, so might as well behave like one, heard of a Ford consol with a head unit hardly used in a Lock up local to me, got the keys, quick removal and run away, sorted :laugh: if I have no luck ill message you about your head unit :D

Ricardo
07-10-2010, 20:04
Rights peeps :)

Car is all ready to go, finally got the fabricated subframes for the Cobra bucket seats yesterday. I was out on the driveway with the halogen light till nearly 10pm last night removing the OE drivers seat, drilling the holes in the seat subframes, then bolting the Cobra buckets in place...... A right mission!

Anyway, washed, hoovered, removed a little bit more interior plastics. Me and the missus will be ready to go tomorrow morning. I've spoken to Big Steve and hopefully when i arrive at Hotel Rieder i'll enquire into booking enough places for us all on the Saturday night :beer:

Really looking forward to going back to Nurburgring as it's been 2 years, gonna be a bit strange driving over there without the convoy but no doubt i'll catch up with you guys Saturday afternoon :agree: :cool:

mr bean aka pete
07-10-2010, 21:19
DOUBLE CELEBRATION ALERT!!

It's Mr Bean's Birthday on Sunday 10th October Also! :beer::beer::goodJob::uhhuh::drunk::drunk:

IMPENDING SESSION!!

bring on one of those monster germany beers :smokin: :devil::devil::devil:

Bigfoot
07-10-2010, 21:29
Sorted out sounds, speaking to my neighbour, had a multi changer spare in the shed not being used, what were the chances of them being same model as my one :D now got a 6 disc changer :D

J$£5GTT
07-10-2010, 21:31
Sorted out sounds, speaking to my neighbour, had a multi changer spare in the shed not being used, what were the chances of them being same model as my one :D now got a 6 disc changer :D

:agree::D

Lomo
07-10-2010, 21:44

Happy Days fella....:agree::cool:

Lomo
07-10-2010, 21:44
Rights peeps :)

Car is all ready to go, finally got the fabricated subframes for the Cobra bucket seats yesterday. I was out on the driveway with the halogen light till nearly 10pm last night removing the OE drivers seat, drilling the holes in the seat subframes, then bolting the Cobra buckets in place...... A right mission!

Anyway, washed, hoovered, removed a little bit more interior plastics. Me and the missus will be ready to go tomorrow morning. I've spoken to Big Steve and hopefully when i arrive at Hotel Rieder i'll enquire into booking enough places for us all on the Saturday night :beer:

Really looking forward to going back to Nurburgring as it's been 2 years, gonna be a bit strange driving over there without the convoy but no doubt i'll catch up with you guys Saturday afternoon :agree: :cool:

Have a safe journey fella and we'll see you on Saturday! :D

Kris M
07-10-2010, 22:02
Well thats work finished for me till the 18th :D, roll on the 3am start on Sat :):)

Jessop
08-10-2010, 07:34
Goood stuff _

Just getting ready to set off here, so see you guys tomorrow morning !
If any of you have a spare helmet and have room to bring it I'd really appreciate it :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
08-10-2010, 13:12
Have fun you lucky buggers..maybe next time for me...:), still ive been on a few..:cool:, stay safe and drink as much as ya can...:laugh:, cant wait to see the pics and hear the tales...:agree:, have a goon un friends!!! matty an co...:D

Big Steve - Raider
08-10-2010, 13:14
Have fun you lucky buggers..maybe next time for me...:), still ive been on a few..:cool:, stay safe and drink as much as ya can...:laugh:, cant wait to see the pics and hear the tales...:agree:, have a goon un friends!!! matty an co...:D

Thank you my luvva! :D

Have a word with your old man & ask him to keep his eye over us as always :niceone:

J$£5GTT
08-10-2010, 16:16
see ya'll tomoz !!!!
:burnrubber::yeah::beer::drunk:

Bigfoot
08-10-2010, 16:17
Road trip :smokin:

Big Steve - Raider
08-10-2010, 16:25
Excitement level 11/10

http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Hobbies_and_Entertainment/Excitement/Very_excited.gif

Kris M
08-10-2010, 22:34
Well, Brigsy and J are at mine now....A quick 4 hour power nap then its a 3am start from Swindonia down to Dover :)

mr bean aka pete
09-10-2010, 08:45
The rtoc crew are on route to Europe :-) all safe and well

mr bean aka pete
10-10-2010, 19:59
All is well on the western front of Germany nice weather :cool: pictures to follow with the stories :p and a nice steak on the stone yum yum :cooter:

Ricardo
10-10-2010, 20:08
Just to say we're quite literally on the ferry back to Dover! Using the Norfolkline wireless. Had an excellent 3 days in Germany, arriving Friday afternoon in time for 2 laps. Saturday was spent having a drive about the local area, lunch in Adenau then meeting up with everyone lese at Hotel Rieder for dinner and drinks last night.

Straight back to the Ring for 8am this morning for 2 more laps, then headed back via Spa just after lunch.

Junglist
11-10-2010, 20:54
gutted i missed this :cry: , how did the drive go ?

Ricardo
12-10-2010, 18:15
Personally the drive went really well, 870 miles return trip including drives around the Nurburg area and the 4 laps. The Clio didn't miss a beat, i'm really pleased with how everythings been. We took a different route map back via Spa which was more scenic for the first 60-70 miles

http://i323.photobucket.com/albums/nn442/Ricardo-1974/CNV00010.jpg

Bigfoot
12-10-2010, 23:45
One written off BMW, 245 euro recover fee plus marshall time and car time. 510 euro taxi back to england, £102 eurotunnel, cheers Chris (penfold) and £50 to brother for collecting me and mates from Kent.

Car smashed in front left, with no working lights, metal folded into the tyre and bumper smashed to pieces that side, rear quarter dented, rear light smashed in. Both engine mounts snapped off, engine fell onto steering column stopping the wheel to turn easily. Managed to repair front end to get it back but engine mounts no chance of repair :( car now left in scrapyard in germany :cry:

Other than that my lap was excellent, car was loving the drive. just under 17km in, the car weren't loving my mate who was driving at the time :crap:

Robbo
13-10-2010, 09:30
ouch! someones wallet has taken a right good kicking. :(

philg
13-10-2010, 10:00
One written off BMW, 245 euro recover fee plus marshall time and car time. 510 euro taxi back to england, £102 eurotunnel, cheers Chris (penfold) and £50 to brother for collecting me and mates from Kent.

Car smashed in front left, with no working lights, metal folded into the tyre and bumper smashed to pieces that side, rear quarter dented, rear light smashed in. Both engine mounts snapped off, engine fell onto steering column stopping the wheel to turn easily. Managed to repair front end to get it back but engine mounts no chance of repair :( car now left in scrapyard in germany :cry:

Other than that my lap was excellent, car was loving the drive. just under 17km in, the car weren't loving my mate who was driving at the time :crap:

Scary stuff, gutted for you :)

Mart
13-10-2010, 13:11
510 euro taxi back to england

Surely it would've been cheaper to hire a car to get you back to Calais or Dunkerque?

£102 eurotunnel

And likewise, you then could've boarded the ferry for pennies going as foot passengers.

Junglist
13-10-2010, 14:00

:( gutted , you got a taxi back to England ?

mr bean aka pete
13-10-2010, 15:18
Dale and the fail 4 :rolleyes: glad your all ok and I no you wanted a ring taxi lap but that's hell of a price :eek: :p sure flying back or as a foot passenger as Mart suggested ;) we are all good and on are way back all went well wiv no hiccups :coffee:

Bigfoot
13-10-2010, 20:19
Looked into hiring a car, eurocar was the only one, that was 450 euros for the car, having to get a taxi to the place which would have been around 70 euro as that was 50km away, plus fuel. Cant get the car into england they wont allow it only up to france.

All places wouldn't allow passengers in ferries or eurostar so thats out the question as the french were all in strike :cry:

Flying was 169euros each, plus 125euros to get to Koln for the airport, so works out miles expensive as well.

Ricardo
13-10-2010, 21:18
450 euros to hire a car for 1 day, 250 miles....... Jeeez

gtmatt
13-10-2010, 21:20
sorry to here that dale:)

Bigfoot
13-10-2010, 22:29
Cheers Matt, definately weren't what I was expecting the holiday to turn out like. Least all is well and we got back alright.

Well waiting to get money off Aidan now for the car, then will be looking at replacing it for another one, had a look at a couple today, none to my liking, some serious rust buckets out there, im sure holes under rear lights not meant to be there and saying its an easy fit, what replace the whole rear quarter :crap:

Well got enough money together to start looking at a bigger engine, saying that the car still done well and made it to the hotel in good time (hour before anyone else) and still over 1/4 tank left seeming that last bit of trip was doing 110mph :wasntme: good on german roads.

Jessop
14-10-2010, 01:37
Boom o'clock..

Just landed back home not long ago.
Rtoc few days away.. thanks for having me along.. really enjoyed myself even with all things considered lol.

Can't wait for next year already!
The ax did my proud and didnt miss a beat..the tyres still look good , almost lost a piece of arch on the carousel at the ring though, eek!

Steve you gotta get onto this camera ripping biz sharpish ;)

Now.. time to get some much needed sleep! Glad im off tomorrow, boom!

See some of you soon for birthday bashes!!

Until next time..:)

Thanks again!

Laura also wants to say thanks for giving her the opportunity to come along too :)

Kris M
14-10-2010, 16:43
Well, myself and Brigsy got back to Swindon last night, a fantastic trip had by all. Did just under 1400 miles in the old slag, didnt miss a beat :D, turbo started to get abit tierd after the 125 mph top speed runs on the autobahns ;) " No smoke no poke "

Overall all a brilliant trip, roll on the next one

PMT, THE WINNING TEAM !! :agree:

GIN FOR THE WIN !! :D:laugh:

Jessop
14-10-2010, 17:35
Here's my lap of the ring.

appologies about the dodgy footage lol, it goes better part way through.

Looks rather slow but - SAFE!

no sideways bin it action going on here :cooter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GdHYq-2wvo&feature=PlayList&p=D16577E172025420&index=0&playnext=1

Bigfoot
14-10-2010, 17:47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GdHYq-2wvo&feature=PlayList&p=D16577E172025420&index=0&playnext=1

:laugh: so no 8:30 min lap then :coffee:

Ricardo
14-10-2010, 17:51
Jessop, was nice meet you in Germany :agree: :)

Lomo
14-10-2010, 18:45
Another 'Epic' time away with RTOC :agree:

1575 miles covered in the Vee and every single one of them part of a fabulous 5 days away. Once again Steve did us proud with his organisation skills and I have no doubt he will one day be a fabulous father! :mart::D From Nurburg to Koln the whole thing was superb! Ricardo on the beer mission, Krissy M's epic fail with a hand stand and a German-English showdown in a pub in Koln..All happy days!!:wasntme::cool2::ujack: The drive off the ferry and the goodbyes gets harder every time! It really is a fantastic holiday with fantastic friends.

For anyone toying with this idea each year you wont regret saving a few quid and jumping along! I can say my decision to go two years ago was one of my better ones as I have formed many great friendships through our ring trips...There are plans already being talked about for next year so keep your eyes out on these boards..You wont regret your decision...Honestly...

Thanks again to everyone for making it another quality trip away and roll on the next one with hopefully a few new faces...

And for anyone worrying about taking their car on the Ring we decided this year to drive round on almost a parade lap so dont think you have to thrash your car when you go on...

Top top 5 days away! :niceone:

Lomo & NicoLomo!

J$£5GTT
14-10-2010, 21:00
big BOOM! to all who attended...:D:p,blue skies an very warm weather the euro sun has always been out an shining at that time of year,chills off at night but all good,had a blast,raider loved eating up the big miles....cruising more often at 120+...:D.

cheers to brigsy for takin over the driving from stuttgart,me feeling very tired...and for the quick thinking pmt moment out of the porsche museum...:laugh::wasntme:,so many things happened top time away.that beer in that stuttgart pub tho..:dearme: weak as piss...

an big ups to biggity winnity for his amazing organisation of things....school trip stylee.....;):agree:

an dale mate sorry to here about the fail but glad your all ok...:sad:

one last thing all you fine ladies in stuttgart see you next time...:laugh::cooter:

next year....:agree::)

J

mr bean aka pete
14-10-2010, 21:14
Well what can i say excellant trip well done to Steve :agree: big thanks for the 5 day trip to Koln and stuttgaurt :D 1400 miles covered in the clio, all went very well no 'EPIC FAILS' :laugh: loved the company so much banter and funny moments, like the stand off in Koln :scared: as i say every year people that wish todo the hole Ring trip but are put off by 'Dales epic fail' you shouldnt be :coffee: lomo,nick and me all had a nice parade lap round the ring no silly racing, its a shame the hike up to the track to view from was short lived due to all the crashes :crap: well worth getting up early for every day to see the sights in stuttgaurt porsche and mercedes museum loved every bit :cool: and the lovely church in Koln shame me and caroline couldnt join steve and ian and the rest of the gang at the top of the tower :( vertigo got the better of caroline :laugh: am looking forward to the £400 challenge next year :yeah: :laugh: :wasntme: was sad to say bye to all of you on the boat after such a brill time :bothered::ujack:

bean-ity bean and cazz-ity caz

Lomo
14-10-2010, 21:23
Feel the love!
:burnrubber::crush::niceone:

Bigfoot
14-10-2010, 21:28
Everyone says its my fail :laugh: I wasn't even driving my car :crap: was just a passenger :scared: cars easily replaced, looking at getting a nicer faster version, this time not letting Aidan driving the car :sad2: great 4 days up there apart from the obvious, cant beat a taxi drive all the way back from germany :smokin: Koln was great once again, love going round that place, plus eating lots of currywurst :D

Jessop
14-10-2010, 22:56
:laugh: so no 8:30 min lap then :coffee:

lol not a chance, i dont even think if i was handed a porsche gt3 rs i would have nailed any kind of 8 min lap :laugh:

I did however enjoy hooning round the ring!:cooter:

Jessop, was nice meet you in Germany :agree: :)

You too buddy, next meet will no doubt catch up again :smokin:

Bigfoot
14-10-2010, 23:00
I did however enjoy hooning round the ring!:cooter:

So did my car for its first and only lap :cry: different cars for next year will be on cards but what one will be the question :)

Tom@SimplyAutomotive
14-10-2010, 23:36
Cheers guys for a great weekend in Germany! :):):):)

Cant wait till next year, definatley be bringing the 5. :D

The cinq made it back also and is still running sweet as a nut...:laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
15-10-2010, 08:42

I've got a crick in my neck after watching that! :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
16-10-2010, 21:58
They say a picture tells a thousand words... well here's a Dissertation :laugh:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Gin%20for%20the%20Win%202010/P1010678.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Gin%20for%20the%20Win%202010/TitanicFail.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Gin%20for%20the%20Win%202010/P1010815.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Gin%20for%20the%20Win%202010/P1010585.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Gin%20for%20the%20Win%202010/P1010821.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Gin%20for%20the%20Win%202010/P1020117.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Gin%20for%20the%20Win%202010/P1010398.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/BigSteveT/Gin%20for%20the%20Win%202010/P1010737.jpg

J$£5GTT
16-10-2010, 22:05
:agree::laugh:

Junglist
16-10-2010, 23:34
whos got a bowler hat on and why ?? :laugh:

Brigsy
17-10-2010, 19:03
Awesome trip! Big thanks to everbody for the invite/organisation & big thanks to Kris m for the shotgun ride in the ph1:)

Too many comedy moments to mention:laugh: Pmt "the winning team" and Gin for the win:wasntme:

Duncan Grier
18-10-2010, 10:21
Looks like another brilliant trip ;)

If I don't join in another Euro trip soon I will be out of the circle of trust and everyone asking who is the tall person in the crap car :D

Steve you can be my PA anytime you like :cooter: you get it right down to the petrol stops lol

DG

....................maybe I will bring the new barge for an outing in memory of the old interceptor :cool:

gtmatt
18-10-2010, 10:34
hands do to steve again, looks like you all had an amazing trip yet again , loving the rtoc trips , :):)

J$£5GTT
18-10-2010, 19:50
Looks like another brilliant trip ;)

If I don't join in another Euro trip soon I will be out of the circle of trust and everyone asking who is the tall person in the crap car :D

Steve you can be my PA anytime you like :cooter: you get it right down to the petrol stops lol

DG

....................maybe I will bring the new barge for an outing in memory of the old interceptor :cool:

get on it....we did have a great time without you tho duncs...:cooter::p:wasntme:

Duncan Grier
19-10-2010, 08:31
get on it....we did have a great time without you tho duncs...:cooter::p:wasntme:

Thanks J.......................................thanks for nothing :cooter:

DG

mr bean aka pete
19-10-2010, 23:52
RIP Dales BMW last seen nailing it around the ring
http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m459/gtpete/IMG_25611.jpg

:cool: a pic of jessops and a very scared passenger :laugh:

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m459/gtpete/IMG_73041.jpg

Jessop
20-10-2010, 00:03
OMG picture.... legend !

T.K
20-10-2010, 07:38
Krashu! Surprised it has taken this long. Glad everyone is ok.

Bigfoot
20-10-2010, 08:37
Liking the picture :smokin:

It had a good fairwell though. New BMW hopefully this weekend, missing having no daily driving, saying that saving on petrol :)