PDA

View Full Version : dB limits......

Coops
13-07-2010, 14:28
i have and f7p turbo powered car

side exit exhuast with 2 silencers, one in the pipe and one on the decat

likely to be an issue or do people running sideys on their 5's normally do okay for noise limts at mallory?

how strict are they there?

cheers

Ben

D4WNO
13-07-2010, 14:34
Mallory's rule is 98db and as standard this is usually measured 1m from the car. Last year there was no testing done but it is at your own risk if you enter an overly loud car. No refunds will be provided if the car is tested and fails. :agree:

clee
13-07-2010, 14:37
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Wastegate/RTOCNatDay2010.pdf :coffee:;)

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-07-2010, 14:43
I ran the cup car last year, it was well over 98DB, I had no problems with it....

I would go as far to say Mallory let us get away with sh*t loads, they are very helpfull, dont mind noise, speed etc... and if they spot anything wrong with your car they will black flag you and point it out to you, and providing you fix it you can carry on out on track. :agree:

Coops
13-07-2010, 14:57
cheers penfold, thats what i was after as i know the actual limits officially but was hoping they were leniant. wasnt sure if they made a habit of not testing or were friendly to RTOC for the day as we have the place booked out and loads of us run...how shal i put it......ASBO loud cars :laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
13-07-2010, 14:59
cheers penfold, thats what i was after as i know the actual limits officially but was hoping they were leniant. wasnt sure if they made a habit of not testing or were friendly to RTOC for the day as we have the place booked out and loads of us run...how shal i put it......ASBO loud cars :laugh:

All i am saying in the last 2 years I dont know anybody who was tested or was asked to get of track due to noise levels... this year maybe different... who knows.

andyrg
13-07-2010, 15:00
im tempted to fit a side boy to mine :) humm loudness is putting me off as its for track days :):rolleyes::p

Logg
13-07-2010, 15:04
Bruce was in the Ewoks old 172. But he was running a exhaust by pass pipe. but was aloud back on track after quieting the car back down with his full system. :)

Coops
13-07-2010, 15:04
well i may see if i can get hold of a standard system on loan for it if needs be, or maybe even buy one, better safe than sorry i spose!

bod 182
13-07-2010, 19:53
I ran the cup car last year, it was well over 98DB, I had no problems with it....

I would go as far to say Mallory let us get away with sh*t loads, they are very helpfull, dont mind noise, speed etc... and if they spot anything wrong with your car they will black flag you and point it out to you, and providing you fix it you can carry on out on track. :agree:
Ask Bruce he lasted about 3 laps last year with his exhaust:laugh: