PDA

View Full Version : Just got in from a very quiet Santa Pod

Coops
10-07-2010, 23:49
went down for the saturday night special today to basically play with the new wideband and sink a few runs up the strip. its VW action tomorrow so strip was on RWYB for all today, but it was absolutely deserted, to the point i got more runs in between half 2 and 9pm than i did at the RTOC all day event few months back!!!!

anyway to cut a long one short, despite the soaring temps and headwind i managed to best my time again! :D

pulled a 12.47@114mph out the bag with a respectable 60ft of 2.07 seconds which is a massive improvement

i stayed in the mid to high 12's rest of the afternoon until all of a sudden i couldnt get traction and that was it, nothing close.

so i spent a few hours 'borrowing' cars. i took harvys white hybrid up several times, managed a 15.1 best (bettering all his times :wink: ) and kirsty very kindly let me spank her......................172 as well, managed a 15.7 best in that, but it was full of handbags,gladrags, and 'choons' as well :P

towards last run of the day they shut the track due to someone dropping coolant all over......................i was back in the que quietly sitting as my car dropped the rest of the coolant all over the paddock :oops: :lol: nice bloke in a nissan pointed out it was me 'wot dunnit' :D

found i'd split the hose from the aux water pump, it was resting on the clutch arm and had worn through! FAIL. so chopped it down, undid water pump to get some slack and popped it back on to limp home

just got in! had a top day and cheers to everyone who did show, good to see some familiar faces, Steph, Gav, Dan, legends as ever!

Ben

Josie172cup
11-07-2010, 07:41
sounds like you had fun,

how much do these days at the pod cost m8

Rob@Backyardracing
11-07-2010, 10:00
Well done mate... get some slicks on there and get an 11 :)

Coops
11-07-2010, 10:52
cheers rob, its definately a temptation, i just fear for my gearbox and as a result my ability to then get home, we can't all afford to trailer our cars about ;);):laugh:

josie, that all depends on when you show up, how long you want to run and if you stop overnight

on a sat night special weekend its £10 entrance, or £25 for the weekend inc camping, then £25 to run from 9am to 4pm, £25 to run from 1pm to 9pm or £10 to run from 4pm to 9pm. not sure what full day from 9am to 9pm is.

either way travelling from where i live, there and back with fuel and food costs to run just yesterday 1pm till 9pm probs cost me about £100 for the day out:cool:

Josie172cup
11-07-2010, 11:28
either way travelling from where i live, there and back with fuel and food costs to run just yesterday 1pm till 9pm probs cost me about £100 for the day out:cool:

£100 is not bad like for a day out

how often are you running or does that all depend on how many people are there, sorry iv never been :(

Rob@Backyardracing
11-07-2010, 11:42
Buy an A-frame, best thing ever since sliced bread... :)

Markey Mark (BD)
11-07-2010, 11:45
Buy an A-frame, best thing ever since sliced bread... :)

:agree:

Coops
11-07-2010, 14:41
reckon i could get away with towing an a frame with a clio williams....................lmao!!

josie, ai all depends how busy, i've had days where only got a few runs in due to how busy it is, where as yesterday it was awesome, as said cleared than on the RTOC day!!

i could of run 100 runs in the available time i had easily i reckon, but did about 30 odd with huge gaps to let car cool and to watch others/jet car etc etc

dave j gtt
11-07-2010, 21:45
The track will have been perpared well today, just hope everyone from RTOC there to day has good luck and Awsome day. Any news ?

djinuk
11-07-2010, 22:03
ud get away with pulling an aframe with a cheapo 1.9 306 td .. i do :)

Maka
11-07-2010, 23:07
£50 usually.
petrol to get there and back and £20 sign on fee
o and dont forget pizza/burger money!!

dave j gtt
12-07-2010, 01:18
The track will have been perpared well today, just hope everyone from RTOC there to day has good luck and Awsome day. Any news ?

i should check the date now and then.... :ashamed: :laugh: o well i might make the retro pod day.

Penfold aka The Dealer
12-07-2010, 06:15
reckon i could get away with towing an a frame with a clio williams....................lmao!!

josie, ai all depends how busy, i've had days where only got a few runs in due to how busy it is, where as yesterday it was awesome, as said cleared than on the RTOC day!!

i could of run 100 runs in the available time i had easily i reckon, but did about 30 odd with huge gaps to let car cool and to watch others/jet car etc etc

I have pulled my 5's across the country and back on a A-Frame, using a Renault Scenic, 1.6 Petrol, no power what so ever, but does the job. :agree: