PDA

View Full Version : low oil pressure

car.crash
10-07-2010, 22:02
when i started my car tonight i had around 40-50 psi of cold oil pressure. i left the car to idle for a while and looked at the gauges and got a reading of 10 psi on the aftermarket gauge and the standard gauge had dropped to near the bottom with the oil temp around 80 degrees. if i blip the throttle the pressure goes up to 20 plus but soon drops. on driving the pressure sits high as around 40. is this a cause for concern as mallory is fast approaching?

James5
10-07-2010, 22:42
when i started my car tonight i had around 40-50 psi of cold oil pressure. i left the car to idle for a while and looked at the gauges and got a reading of 10 psi on the aftermarket gauge and the standard gauge had dropped to near the bottom with the oil temp around 80 degrees. if i blip the throttle the pressure goes up to 20 plus but soon drops. on driving the pressure sits high as around 40. is this a cause for concern as mallory is fast approaching?

Mark thats fine, when oil cold it will be around 40-50psi on idle when up to temp it will reduce on idle to about 10-15psi and over 3000rpm you want to have at least 40psi as engine now warm

car.crash
10-07-2010, 23:22
thanks james :). i just noticed my breather hose was kinked aswell so i guess that didnt help at all.