PDA

View Full Version : Double capacity ic with soft pedal conversion

bigdavec1974
10-07-2010, 15:56
Hi guys , just a quickie. Had a seach and drew a blank.
Ive had a soft pedal conversion and was wondering wether a double capacity ic will still fit, due to the new bracket etc.

thanks in advance.

Dave

markg
10-07-2010, 16:44
Take a look here , http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4732

GTphil
10-07-2010, 17:15
I have the k-tec direct repalement cooler on my Raider and as the article says I have around 5mm clearance........however when the engine rocks between gear changes ect ect the bracket that guides the cable onto the clutch arm started to come into contact with the cooler.

To combat this I have repositioned the tray so the cooler sits up more, also I tilted the bracket slightly this means that said brakcet no longer touches the cooler when the engine rocks. :agree:

also as i don't use the origional air duct and my car is very low the cooler has bounced off the tray once or twice and compleatly fouled the clutch arm, it has the scars to prove it!:cry: It didn't quite get to any areas where the all crucial boost flowes.;)

So i have a few checkly placed cable ties round the entrance and exit to the cooler securing it in place so it doesn't bounce out at all.

It was a bit of faffing around but worth the effort.

Shane P
10-07-2010, 17:25
There should be a big rubber strap that should keep the cooler in place? Would it not have been easier to stop the engine from rocking? :)

GTphil
10-07-2010, 17:41
That was with new mounts!:eek: I have never had a strap on mine at all, I had actually forgot that one existed:laugh:

bigdavec1974
10-07-2010, 19:04
cheers all