PDA

View Full Version : Wideband Results

Coops
08-07-2010, 22:39
right, fitted an AEM wideband lambda to the car recently (f7p turbo running standard management with a fastchips chip on it)

running uprated fuel pump
gt28rs
wossener low comps
fuel pressure regulated to just over 3 bar at idle with no vac on the reg
15psi
bosch 802 injector (R21 turbo ones, they are 802's right?)
pace chargecooler

results are bit sketchy as it goes some so hard to let her rip and watch the gauge at same time and i havent got it data logging yet so it was glimpses when i could on full chat

idle - up and down constantly in a loop between 14.3 and 15.6
full chat at full boost in all gears - 11.0 then climbs back to hold at 12.2 on the nose

opinions?

cheers folks

Ben

James5
08-07-2010, 23:20
right, fitted an AEM wideband lambda to the car recently (f7p turbo running standard management with a fastchips chip on it)

running uprated fuel pump
gt28rs
wossener low comps
fuel pressure regulated to just over 3 bar at idle with no vac on the reg
15psi
bosch 802 injector (R21 turbo ones, they are 802's right?)
pace chargecooler

results are bit sketchy as it goes some so hard to let her rip and watch the gauge at same time and i havent got it data logging yet so it was glimpses when i could on full chat

idle - up and down constantly in a loop between 14.3 and 15.6
full chat at full boost in all gears - 11.0 then climbs back to hold at 12.2 on the nose

opinions?

cheers folks

Ben

Those AFR's look ok to me, 11.0 is a little rich for WOT but 12.2 is perfect

Scoff
08-07-2010, 23:40
Yes, looks OK, especially if the 11:1 is only happening at peak torque for a short while, it'll help keep things nice and safe.

Coops
09-07-2010, 09:58
ai it just blips to 11 then climbs straight back to 12 and holds there to the limiter, overfuels a bit again if you bounce the limiter i think but wasnt really watching at that point :laugh:

excuse my ignorance as well but what does 'WOT' mean?

cheers

Ben

James5
09-07-2010, 10:00
ai it just blips to 11 then climbs straight back to 12 and holds there to the limiter, overfuels a bit again if you bounce the limiter i think but wasnt really watching at that point :laugh:

excuse my ignorance as well but what does 'WOT' mean?

cheers

Ben

Wide Open Throttle:D:cooter:

Coops
09-07-2010, 10:03
:ashamed: :laugh:

oh and btw james dude, dig your 5 mate, tis a beauty :cool:

James5
09-07-2010, 10:04
:ashamed: :laugh:

oh and btw james dude, dig your 5 mate, tis a beauty :cool:

Cheers matey, unfortunatly she is a bit of a turd in the flesh but pics always make her look good:laugh:

I am loving the little clio to matey

Coops
09-07-2010, 10:17
cheers buddy, she getting there slowly to how i want her, bloody expensive habit tho :laugh:

Oh heres another quick one was well, i have a set of 803 330cc injectors sat in my bedroom, currently car is on 802 280cc injectors.

Car is mapped for the 802 allegedly but could i simply slap the 803’s in to make the fuelling a bit better with a wiggle on the FPR to adjust for any over fuelling?

In my mind the signal from the ecu opens the injector for a certain amount of time and the injector flows what it can for that time, so the 803 will simply chuck in more fuel for same ecu signal??

Or am i best off leaving well alone?! Lol!

Cheers

Ben

James5
09-07-2010, 10:45
cheers buddy, she getting there slowly to how i want her, bloody expensive habit tho :laugh:

Oh heres another quick one was well, i have a set of 803 330cc injectors sat in my bedroom, currently car is on 802 280cc injectors.

Car is mapped for the 802 allegedly but could i simply slap the 803’s in to make the fuelling a bit better with a wiggle on the FPR to adjust for any over fuelling?

In my mind the signal from the ecu opens the injector for a certain amount of time and the injector flows what it can for that time, so the 803 will simply chuck in more fuel for same ecu signal??

Or am i best off leaving well alone?! Lol!

Cheers

Ben

Sorry Ben, One for the injectors boys to look into I think, but I do see how your thinking works on it though. Scoff, Andrew Cooke, Ashy will prob be best for advice on this to name a few.

Andrew Cooke
09-07-2010, 13:09
increase the fuel flow with larger injectors, then lean it back with lower fuel pressure is an expensive way of achieving nothing.

Coops
09-07-2010, 13:29
it was just wondering if it would be a more effective way of dropping to high 11 afr on full boost rather than forcing more fuel through current injectors with higher fuel pressure. surely larger injectors and less pressure will be better than other way round? also it could maybe give me scope for squeaking the boost up another couple of psi.

Scoff
09-07-2010, 20:54
no, smaller injectors with more pressure is preferable. You have to think that the job of those injectors is to atomise fuel. That gets harder as jet size is increased and pressure is decreased.

Stick with what you have, low 11's for a moment is nothing to worry about :)