PDA

View Full Version : Okay, kinda sad. Was day dreaming...

kayzee
08-07-2010, 18:45
About if Renault re-released a modern day, limited edition run of the R5 GT Turbo :D

I was thinking it would be based on the Twingo 133, but made to fit with the original body panels. It would have to be turbocharged to keep it correct! Maybe 170bhp would be a nice figure to push out. Maybe they could lighten it further with carbon fibre bonnet/mirrors/seats as of course an advantage of a modern day one would be all the heavy stuff stuff! ABS, P/S, airbags, well, you get the idea...

I guess a choice of wheels this time around, or at least finishes still with the original wheels. Modern day badges with the new Renault badge and decals. Maybe even a Twingo dash made to fit!? Sachs from the Trophy could be nice :smokin:

I would so buy one even if they bought it out @ £20k :p

Anymore ideas!?

Alan
08-07-2010, 19:05
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Nah, don't make em like they used to.
Too "safe" now, would be good though:)

HULK
08-07-2010, 19:20
Alans right, doubt they would ever achieve to make another exactly the same due to modern safety regulations such as crumple zones and re-enforced front ends, however bringing out a modern day equivelent of the gt turbo is very do-able,

fiat managed it with the 500

Tinka_Dill
08-07-2010, 19:23
Renault should've shhhlapped a turbo on the Twingo 133

Alan
08-07-2010, 19:52
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Alans right, doubt they would ever achieve to make another exactly the same due to modern safety regulations such as crumple zones and re-enforced front ends, however bringing out a modern day equivelent of the gt turbo is very do-able,

fiat managed it with the 500

Are these modern safety regulations "must do's, or is it something they just like to do??

RoboEK
08-07-2010, 20:15
I think as a company there probably abliged to make them as safe as they possibly can?

kayzee
08-07-2010, 23:24
I'm just jealous that up until very recently you could still buy a brand new Mk1 Golf!

Tony Walker
10-07-2010, 19:59
Alot of the front end design is a must for pedestrian safety. like u couldnt have a carb ontop anymore because of the pedestrians head hitting it through the bonnet :sad2: pretty sure no-ones going to bring out a carb fueled car, just an example lol.

HULK
10-07-2010, 20:59
As much as I love my gt turbo more than my missus, it has to be said that i would never like to have a high speed crash in one, must have a safety rating of 1/2 a star. lol :crap:

also no air bags

also the front end is about as rigid as a wet paper cup and to make matters worse we have people on here, cutting sections out of the front crossmember to fit a massive front mount intercooler! lol :dearme: :eek::laugh::wasntme::scratch: