PDA

View Full Version : Door sill protectors

Ian S
07-07-2010, 17:58
We might be adding some of those door sill protector metal strips to the shop.

They currently are just for the 5GTT. Though there could be other cars included.

We can chose what we want to go on them by etching / engraving / printing; I'll find out which nearer the time, should it happen.

My question now is what would you potential buyers prefer to have on there.

Something like:
the club logo
GT Turbo
Wiv da boost innit

We could also have some plain ones.

Some suggestions: http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/renault-stainless-steel-sill-protectors-c319.html

I don't yet know what the minimum number per pattern will be.

Please add your suggestions / requests below.

D4WNO
08-07-2010, 16:21
Some input into this please guys...

Lockwood have offered to make a batch specially for the club, and we're asking you for your opinion on what you might like to see on them :agree:

Bigfoot
08-07-2010, 16:29
It might just be me, but I dont see many 5s running with these, they sell them on eBay I seem to remember

D4WNO
08-07-2010, 16:43
Lockwood don't currently make a set to fit the 5, we were just wandering if it was something that members might want? If so, what would you like on them?

minty83
08-07-2010, 16:48
i have a set but removed mine soon after fitting as you need to bodge the between the rubber skirt seal and sill resulting in them looking a mess:rolleyes:

D4WNO
08-07-2010, 16:50
Do you remember what make yours were Paul?

Lockwood will be taking a set of original R5 GTT sill plates and copying those, so hopefully wouldn't have that issue :)

minty83
08-07-2010, 16:52
i dont know the make, just that it says gt turbo on them..

Matt Cole
08-07-2010, 19:36
i sold a set that required drilling of the sill. Definately a bad idea. Also they need to be as thin as possible as the odd dropped door will no doubt rub on them. I would like to see GT TURBO on them but discretely.:agree:

RoboEK
08-07-2010, 20:11
I would say if your going to get them made then the RTOC logo would be the best design to go for, I think you may struggle for demand on these though as there a bit 1994 imo. Lockwood did an awsom job on the dials but theres nothing else on there web site that that would really suit the 5 , some of it may suit newer renaults though.

SCHWARTZ
08-07-2010, 20:43
i have a set that say gt turbo on them, i had the same problem with the rubber seal so had to just go on top of it will prob remove them at some point:rolleyes:

D4WNO
08-07-2010, 21:03
Fair comments guys. This is exactly why we thought it best to ask the thoughts of the members first. If there isn't enough demand then we may be better pushing effort elsewhere anyway

Ian S
09-07-2010, 18:40
That's what I said to the chap at Lockwood about the plastic fillet between the sill and the sill extension.

So if they make some for us that should be designed better.

We don't need to buy a large amount I think.

Yes I just looked and there are the Lockwood ones on eBay.

Also another make, carbon with stainless steel inset.

andyrg
17-07-2010, 20:58
id like some for the clio with the RTOC on them

Ian S
17-07-2010, 22:06
id like some for the clio with the RTOC on them
I think we won't be having Clio ones made as well. They are already available on eBay aren't they? Just not with the RTOC logo.

Lockwood said minimum quantity is really 20 pairs.

He said he would do one pair but for £150.