PDA

View Full Version : no power??

paulsurrey
04-07-2010, 16:49
hi,just lately when i put my foot down in third the revs build up and boost upto just before 4000rpm,then i loose power just wont go any further like its not fueling or no spark??it does not do it all the time just every now and then,done it in second once and fourth once but just seems to be third gear.most the time when it happens i will be just crusing at 30 in third then when i stamp the go pedal builds up fine then just stops so i back off and try again and it stops again always just before 4000rpm?has anyone had this problem or know what could be causing it.the engine is all standard apart from double capacity intercooler and pipercross induction kit.it never used to do it until i fitted a sports exhaust that came with the car and that was the first time it done it so i took the exhaust off thinking it was that and put standard back on,but now it has started doing it with standard pipe.so im guessing maybe it was not the exhaust and maybe something else??also if i fitted the exhaust witch is straight through to the back box with 3 inch tail pipe,plus the induction kit should i need to re jet the carb??thanks and feedback on this would be great.

The new Bill J
04-07-2010, 16:55
Wow, that's a long paragraph :scared:

What boost are you running? It could be the overboost cutting in. Is the sensor still connected? (It's two wires that are connected to a sensor on the turbo to intercooler hose).

paulsurrey
04-07-2010, 16:58
lol.soz about it being a bit long:rolleyes:.no the over boost sensor is not connected but thats how it feels like it is connected:sad2:

paulsurrey
04-07-2010, 16:58
and its running standard boost:agree:

dangerous dave
04-07-2010, 17:27
There are so many things to check I can't type them all.. So check everything, ignition, fueling etc. Hose, plugs, leads for bla bla bla.

scott 5gtt
04-07-2010, 17:42
I had this once on my mates ended up being the fuel pump worth doing filter too

benj88
04-07-2010, 20:35
I had A problem like this before, iv replaced the dizzi cap, fuel pump and fuel filter, my fuel filter was realy blockd, my car use to feel like it was limiting before it should be.. Changed the pump for a phase 1 pump and it's spot on now :agree:

may of had the same problem as yours has?

youngscottie
04-07-2010, 20:56
do you still have the knock sensor in place ? have you done the wire swap to the flywheel sensor?

paulsurrey
05-07-2010, 17:58
yes still have knock sensor in place,not sure about the flywheel bit:ashamed:had a new fuel pump fitted 6 weeks ago,got a fuel filter coming so going to change that once it gets here.also i have noticed something else next to the fuel filter and pump,it looks like some sort of filter as the fuel passes through this also its about 6 inch long and about 3/4 inch in diamiter,but have no idea what it is.when i get the fuel filter will have a proper look to see what it is and will probably take it off.cheers for the replys:agree: