PDA

View Full Version : pollybushes

SCHWARTZ
30-06-2010, 21:57
just bought some pollybushes and fitted them but is it right that the bush dosnt move and the arm rotates on the bush?:crap::confused:

Phoenix Autosport
30-06-2010, 23:43
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I would say it depends on the fittment but on most applications where there is significant movement the polly bush it will be fitted with a metal insert as the bearing surface to prevent wear to the bush

phase i 16 v turbo
01-07-2010, 08:51
just bought some pollybushes and fitted them but is it right that the bush dosnt move and the arm rotates on the bush?:crap::confused:

Which ones did you buy?

SCHWARTZ
01-07-2010, 15:08
http://www.cgbmotorsport.net/polysport-complete-front-wishboneanti-roll-bar-bushes-set-of-eight-990-p.asp
bought these ones. the bushes have the metal insert but it was very hard to even get the bushes into the subframe, now that i have done the bolts up the bush stays still and the wishbone swings on the bush.:confused:
i dont know wether to remove some of the 4 washers each bolt had so the bolt locks against its self or what?

DaveMayGTT
01-07-2010, 15:48
That kit seems a good price, does that have less in than your kit mike or is it just a cheaper make?

phase i 16 v turbo
01-07-2010, 15:58
That kit seems a good price, does that have less in than your kit mike or is it just a cheaper make?

My kit is Super Flex. The other I think is Polysport the cheap ones that keep poping up on ebay.

SCHWARTZ
01-07-2010, 16:13
yer these are defo the cheaper ones finishing quality not amazing but good for price. Think ive sorted the prob now guys think its my subframe thats the prob looks like the old wishbone fixing bolts were done up to tight and crushed the subframe together to much and making them tight.
Not the subframe i got off you mike as some fuking pikey cnuts nicked that off my drive to55ers!!!!!!:mad:

phase i 16 v turbo
01-07-2010, 16:48
yer these are defo the cheaper ones finishing quality not amazing but good for price. Think ive sorted the prob now guys think its my subframe thats the prob looks like the old wishbone fixing bolts were done up to tight and crushed the subframe together to much and making them tight.
Not the subframe i got off you mike as some fuking pikey cnuts nicked that off my drive to55ers!!!!!!:mad:

I am sorry to hear that. As soon as the price of scrap goes up! Lots of bits go missing. Glad you found the problem. How far off finishing are you on the conversion? Looking forward to seeing you in it:agree:

SCHWARTZ
01-07-2010, 17:24
its going ok just waiting for my manifold and head bolts then the engine can go in has had a bit of a rebuild. the suspension and pretty much whole front end has had a rebuild (on a budget:laugh:). then all i need is intercooler and to sort the electrics:crap:. will be done before the year is up.

SCHWARTZ
11-07-2010, 19:58
still having problems with mu bushes:rolleyes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-5-GT-Turbo-Front-Suspension-Chassis-Bush-Set-/370405437584?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563de27090#ht_2113wt_911
looking at the bushes in this set it looks like the lower wishbone bushes go into a metal tube then into the wishbone. Mine did not come with these and the bush just goes into the wishbone on its own, is this right or do i need these??

philg
12-07-2010, 08:11
still having problems with mu bushes:rolleyes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-5-GT-Turbo-Front-Suspension-Chassis-Bush-Set-/370405437584?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563de27090#ht_2113wt_911
looking at the bushes in this set it looks like the lower wishbone bushes go into a metal tube then into the wishbone. Mine did not come with these and the bush just goes into the wishbone on its own, is this right or do i need these??

Not much help pal, but i bought the above set, have not got round to fitting yet, i will let you know how it goes.

phil

Woznaldo
12-07-2010, 08:54
You don't need the metal wishbone inserts with the polysport bushes, which seems a bit odd (I have the same set, not fitted) but that's how they work?

SCHWARTZ
12-07-2010, 18:25
erm seems weird as it would be a lot stiffer with the metal tubes.

Woznaldo
13-07-2010, 01:27
erm seems weird as it would be a lot stiffer with the metal tubes.

Metal tube versions seem much closer to the original set up. Here's the Powerflex version:

http://www.powerflex.co.uk/product-details/Front+Lower+Wishbone+Bush/317.html

SCHWARTZ
13-07-2010, 15:46
yer those look a lot smarter than mine. any way i have been told thats how mine come and have been designed that way, so il see how they go.:crap: