PDA

View Full Version : Earliest R5GTT's in the UK??

Sam Fish
28-06-2010, 11:10
Any B-reg R5GTT's? ........so before July 1985?
what is the earliest car around?

Would be interested to know thier approx chassis number :)
Any low-100's or 1000's out there???

I just checked the VIN of a smashed shell here, and it ends 0000101. Shame its scrap!
Apparently I can transfer it onto a new shell legally (which I need to negotiate from a previous racer), keeping the identity. Would that be on a B-plate?

Big Steve - Raider
28-06-2010, 11:38
Not that I know of??

The earliest Phase 1 GTT's were on the C reg.

The new Bill J
28-06-2010, 12:04
Eugein's Phase 1 Coupe is chassis number 90, which is the lowest I've seen. Obviously though, that's not road registered, so it doesn't have a number plate.

Sam Fish
28-06-2010, 12:16
ahh.
I tried to get in contact with him.
He could always register it, and be the 1st registered keeper :)
I was told by the DVLA I could register my LHD car on an age related plate, even though I have absolutely no paperwork!
His must have been part of the same batch at this smashed one.

So did Renault start production in the early part of 1985??
If so, that would make his a B-plate.

Hopefully I can keep this identity when I reshell.

The new Bill J
28-06-2010, 12:22
I could resister mine, and be the 1st owner. That would mean pulling my finger out though, and I can't be bothered to do that :cartman: :laugh:

I did look into it a few years back, and I was told that mine could go on an age related plate. However, not through the chassis number, but through the engine number, even though it's not got the original engine :scratch:

Eug's car was only used in the first season of the cup series, which was 1985 I believe. I've never seen a gtt on a B-plate. I think Moggy used to have a very early phase 1 (the only one earlier that he'd seen was Eugein's), and that was on a C-plate.

Sparkie
28-06-2010, 12:42
if its any help at all, my le car turbo is registered 1/3/1985.

Sam Fish
28-06-2010, 12:49
I could resister mine, and be the 1st owner. That would mean pulling my finger out though, and I can't be bothered to do that :cartman: :laugh:

I did look into it a few years back, and I was told that mine could go on an age related plate. However, not through the chassis number, but through the engine number, even though it's not got the original engine :scratch:

Eug's car was only used in the first season of the cup series, which was 1985 I believe. I've never seen a gtt on a B-plate. I think Moggy used to have a very early phase 1 (the only one earlier that he'd seen was Eugein's), and that was on a C-plate.

Eug's car must be the earliest in the world maybe? I have looked on the french 'super 5' forum and there is nothing CLOSE to the 100's on there.

Do you have an early coupe Bill? What number is it? Could you post me a picture?
Seems strange to age relate it to the engine :scratch:
the DVLA just said I needed a dealership or owners club to verify the age (from the VIN number) in writting. Pay them £55odd and give them proof of my identity I think.
Then they send you a new V5 :agree:
I rekon It may be more complicated to reshell and keep an identity :crap:

I would be interested to know how early my No. 8000'odd chassis is.... How many did they make in a year?

Sam Fish
28-06-2010, 14:06
if its any help at all, my le car turbo is registered 1/3/1985.

Hmm, could have been made a few months before though, no?
although thats very late isnt it.
Do you think Renault can give you a date of manufacture from a VIN number? Surely...

phase i 16 v turbo
28-06-2010, 14:25
I have 2 C reg Phase I locked away. I will have a look and see what they are.

Sam Fish
28-06-2010, 14:27
Cheers mike!
Would be interesting to see what numbers they are.

Markey Mark (BD)
28-06-2010, 15:50
I got a mate here with a C-reg 5 gt turbo too, will check the vin number also to see how early this one is.

The new Bill J
28-06-2010, 17:58
Do you have an early coupe Bill? What number is it? Could you post me a picture?
Seems strange to age relate it to the engine :scratch:

PM Sam :)

Os8472
28-06-2010, 18:34
Mine was first registered on the 11/04/1986

chassis number ending in 0514379

I guess its not as old as I thought :cry:

Sam Fish
29-06-2010, 11:08
Mine was first registered on the 11/04/1986

chassis number ending in 0514379

I guess its not as old as I thought :cry:

Is that a C-plate isnt it?

my LHD car is around that number too, but the 8100th made in the Flins factory. Have a look at your oval plate, it may have an F***** The 'F' stands for Flins. 'D' stands for Dieppe. The following numbers denote how many where made in that factory before yours :)