PDA

View Full Version : best place to get raider paint

garya
27-06-2010, 19:56
got a new bumper today for £10:D so looking to spray it in radier blue anyone know were is the best place to get it needs to be in a rattle can :P

HULK
27-06-2010, 21:52
Yep go to halfords and get them to mix you up a can of Renault 449 blue

dangerous dave
27-06-2010, 23:03
new or second hand.. if its new do it propper and primer it up, flat it off, colour, flat it, then finish.. you can make a really good job if you take your time..

if its second hand its harder to get it mint, but some effort might get you close.. i find the lack of air tools and da sanders means i can't fill/sand/fill/sand quick enough to get it perfect.. i then get board paint it..:p

garya
27-06-2010, 23:50
second hand but in decent condition.£12.99 a can from halfords.is it a metalic colour ??also i was planning in filling in were the reg plate usally goes like markys with the ginger 5 but dnt know how hard it is to do.then i will get some yellow fogs :D

dangerous dave
27-06-2010, 23:55
second hand but in decent condition.£12.99 a can from halfords.is it a metalic colour ??also i was planning in filling in were the reg plate usally goes like markys with the ginger 5 but dnt know how hard it is to do.then i will get some yellow fogs :D

im good with a rattle can, done a few sets of wheels, the odd bit of trim etc.. prep is everything, and thats why i think you should stay away from filling the numberplate bit.. thats easy if you have the gear, but alot of effort by hand while learning..

i wouldn't try it, i've seen alot of sh1t work on these cars, dont make an easy job hard and risk turning that bumper into a turd..:)

SCHWARTZ
28-06-2010, 15:34
i tried getting halfords to mix me up some 449 but they couldnt do it/ find out the color but had something close and metallic but not spot on. I was only doing the boot lock cover so didnt matter but a bumper may be a different story.:crap:

dangerous dave
28-06-2010, 16:31
i tried getting halfords to mix me up some 449 but they couldnt do it/ find out the color but had something close and metallic but not spot on. I was only doing the boot lock cover so didnt matter but a bumper may be a different story.:crap:

Shops on the net sell in the cans but there near £10 each. Give a few painters a bell as many are very fair at the mo. Bumpers etc are easy money, you drop it off monday and collect and pay Tuesday. The small painting shops love being paid, who doesn't eh.

Worth a shop, price it all up and see if it's worth your time or risking fooking up.

Brigsy
28-06-2010, 17:25
Theres lots of different shades of raider blue, matching it with a rattle can could be hard!

SCHWARTZ
28-06-2010, 19:55
cost me nearly £10 fromm halfords. look at paint shops or if they too much try a local college thats what i will be trying as they do it for cost of materials as its good for the students, and they will be supervised any way.

rs250nut
29-06-2010, 09:58
new or second hand.. if its new do it propper and primer it up, flat it off, colour, flat it, then finish.. you can make a really good job if you take your time..

if its second hand its harder to get it mint, but some effort might get you close.. i find the lack of air tools and da sanders means i can't fill/sand/fill/sand quick enough to get it perfect.. i then get board paint it..:p

Dont be flatting the colour unless your preprared to put more on otherwise it will look **** and you will be able to see where you have rubbed it. Wet sanding and blocking always looks a million times better than sanding with a machine. As brigsy says there are a few diffrent variants of the 449 sports blue so take a wing mirror or a light finisher to get it matched up properly. Have a look on the tinternet for a paint shop supplier local to you.