PDA

View Full Version : more power???

paulsurrey
26-06-2010, 18:22
hi,my gt turbo is standard pretty much just a double capacity intercooler and pipercross induction kit.i want more power and was wondering whats the best and most relable way of doing this,i dont want to go to mad as i dont have the cash right now to put into it,so whats peoples views on the best way?incar boost controller?? jet the carb??was looking at the k-tec incar boost controller kit they do,says will put the bhp up to about 160-170,but wanted just a little more than that,what else could i do???

SCHWARTZ
26-06-2010, 18:28
up the boost with a bleed valve or by the actuator arm and re-jet the carb accordingly. youll need a boost gauge and prob best to get an afr gauge to monitor fueling for setting up the carb. standard turbo wont like more than 15psi of boost tho would be surprised if it would make more than 145bhp.

dangerous dave
26-06-2010, 19:17
Today me, carcrash and mattw were tinking with matts 5.. Standard engine, valeo clutch, pace single intercooler, aftermarket filter, powerflow exhaust 2" and a bms one piece down pipe bolted to a t2\t25..

Ran it at the pod at 14-15 psi carb top and did an ok time of 15.4 or there about..

Today we stuck on my lm2 and checked the fueling up to 15psi carb base and it was better, but marc thought there was more in it so went to 17-18 carb base and it's like a fooking rocket.. If it was 130bhp at the pod it must be o. It's way past 160 today and for not alot of money or bullsh1t bolt ons from tuners.

Come to the next ace cafe meet and chat with the guys, we'll all save you from wasting money and getting a bit extra power without the bullsh1t. That's what the rtoc's all about :D

kayzee
26-06-2010, 19:20
Is there usually a decent RTOC presence @ Ace Cafe?

dangerous dave
26-06-2010, 19:25
Is there usually a decent RTOC presence @ Ace Cafe?

Pretty good, if I come next month it'll be me, mattw, jamie8, I'll try drag tobster and wrighty as I hear his cars running now... Then carcrash, turbo ted, logg, big danC and a few others and that's just people along the m4, Markey mark, Gttnutter phil etc are often down there and all the other guys whose Rtoc names escape me.

There's enough and if you come that's another :D

kayzee
27-06-2010, 00:26
Ahh... wicked. Never been there, but seen lots of meets pictures. It's in London isn't it?

I'll do some research :)

Adam L
27-06-2010, 01:26
Yes, get on the North Circular and head for Wembley