PDA

View Full Version : Phase 1.5

Hoolio
25-06-2010, 16:14
Following on from a thread over on RS http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/forum/Forum_postst72973/My-5-GT-Turbo/Default.aspx

what's the story about the phase one and a half and what bits from what phase did it get or is it just a myth?

Sorry it's just been a quiet afternoon.

Gttnutter
25-06-2010, 16:22
i'm guessing this is in the 5 era?

ifso i think certain people called it the crossover period (mainly E registered)

I only know of the location of the aei being turbo side with a ph2 kit

I'm sure there are other tail tail signs

Maybe plastic door cards in a ph2 also

phase i 16 v turbo
25-06-2010, 16:48
Water pipes
Centre consoles
Colours ie pearls
Door cards
Rear shelf
Carpet colours
Seat belt covers
Fuel pumps
There are more

newbstar*
25-06-2010, 23:01
i have one.:)

Ian S
25-06-2010, 23:54
Me also.

I believe I maybe the person who coined that phrase, 'Phase 1.5'. I entered it into this sites user profile car type options list when we were creating this site 1 3/4 years ago. But was using the phrase years earlier before I heard it from anyone else.

Mine is also an E reg, 1988, that I've owned since March 1992.

They also don't have the boot stuff that the phase 2 do; side linings, lamp and switch, slatted grills, tail gate plastic 'card'. Different wiring loom due to the lack of lamp.

In fact I think I did acquire a phase two tailgate card and the holes were not the same so it wouldn't fit.

Also, the steering column is the early one, the hole through the floor is different size, I think there were three hole sizes, the gaiter the earlier type but not the very early size.

Also they don't have the removable cover in the plastic trim on the right side of the drivers foot well.

Ian S
26-06-2010, 00:00
Water pipes Mine had phase 2
Centre consoles Mine had phase 2
Colours ie pearls Mine Pearl white
Door cards Mine had phase 1
Rear shelf I guess mine had phase 2
Carpet colours Mine had red so phase 1
Seat belt covers Mine didn't have any
Fuel pumps Mine had phase 1 Bosch

Scoff
26-06-2010, 00:07
My car is/was a 1.5 E plate too, same spec as Ian just listed. essentially looked like a phase 2 with some phase 1 details left over in the interior mainly.

hollinshead
26-06-2010, 00:09
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

When you say doesn't have the boot stuff, what do you mean?

Do you have a picture?

Ian S
26-06-2010, 01:27
The boot stuff
•side linings over the wheel arches made of a thick cloth
•lamp and switch,
•slatted grills in the holes in the sides behind the wheel arches
•tail gate plastic 'card' across the hole. Phase 1 just had a small plastic box over the wiper motor.
•Different wiring loom due to the lack of lamp.
•Maybe a thicker boot carpet

"Do you have a picture?" = No.

hollinshead
26-06-2010, 01:48

From memory mine doesn't have any plastic bits, there is carpet on the arches but behind them there is just a hole.

The wiper had a plastic cover on the motor, and there is no boot trim, there is also no light in the boot.

Of cause it could just be that someone previously took these items out of my boot? :scared:

Edit: Mine is a F reg Jan 1989 if that helps

Sparkie
26-06-2010, 23:52
my ph1 had carpet on the arches.

later ph2's had the vented slats over the cubby holes and they also had foam rear arch covers that covered the whole area.

mightymanx
26-06-2010, 23:54
i use 2 have a electric blue phase 1.5 rre as hens teeth it went to 5 heven tho as was as rough as a badgers back side:eek:

hollinshead
26-06-2010, 23:59

my ph1 had carpet on the arches.

later ph2's had the vented slats over the cubby holes and they also had foam rear arch covers that covered the whole area.

What happened to your ph1?

I heard you sold it and then bought it back but now you have a gordini?

Your PH1 was proper mint, I remeber at national day when you decided to change the clutch under a marque!

Ian S
27-06-2010, 00:05
foam rear arch covers that covered the whole area.Ah yes, that's what I was nearly thinking of / meaning.