PDA

View Full Version : Autumn time trackday (poll)

Mart
25-06-2010, 09:36
It's been a bit quiet with the rtoc trackdays of late, so thought I'd get the ball rolling again with an October/November time trackday. No point in trying to arrange one now as such, what with ND/Mallory not far off.

It's a choice between our usual Autumn time 'No bling at the Ring' Nurburgring trip or a UK trackday. I'll let you guys decide via a poll & we'll go with the majority.

Poll closes next Friday 2nd July.

TrixNFlix
25-06-2010, 10:33
What sort of prices are we looking at Mart, as some of us are on a small budget. Regards andy

Mart
25-06-2010, 11:08
Autumn time UK trackday will probably be anything from £99 to £199, depending on circuit and whether it's weekend or weekday (I'll be looking for a weekend trackday, if that's the majority winner), then add on fuel, munchies, and whether you'd be staying at a local hotel for the night/night before.

Nurburgring is probably double the above, but again it depends on where you stay & for how long, how many laps of the Ring you drive (22euro per lap, but it's cheaper if you buy blocks of 4, 8, 16, 20, etc laps). Then add on fuel (~600 mile round trip from/to Calais), plus fuel used per lap, munchies, beer, gift-shop shpiel, etc.

Duncan Grier
25-06-2010, 11:36
Mart based on the current lack of sports car to drive on track the obvious choice for me is the ring but as you know I have a delivery due early November and may not be in a position to go to either option ;)

DG

minty83
25-06-2010, 11:52
isnt there a ring trip early sept?

Bigfoot
25-06-2010, 12:07
isnt there a ring trip early sept?

There is, but from sounds of it not many people can go on that one due national day event, and wanting to go for 5 days and also go to RWS which is a lot further round as well. Hoping if there is another ring trip in October can go over there :)

Mart
25-06-2010, 12:12
There is, but from sounds of it not many people can go on that one due national day event, and wanting to go for 5 days and also go to RWS which is a lot further round as well. Hoping if there is another ring trip in October can go over there :)

:agree:

Which is why I mentioned in the first post about not arranging a trackday for now/around ND time.

Duncan, simple answer - Bring the family! :D ;)

minty83
25-06-2010, 12:32
How longs the drive from the ring to amesterdam?

Mart
25-06-2010, 12:34
About 200 miles.

The new Bill J
25-06-2010, 14:43
Nurburgring in October would suit me nicely :cool:

Bigfoot
25-06-2010, 14:49
Nurburgring in October would suit me nicely :cool:

Got the man hooked then :laugh:

The new Bill J
25-06-2010, 15:05
Got the man hooked then :laugh:

:ashamed:

So much for just one visit :laugh:

I'm not even bothered about going on track. It's just the atmosphere of the whole town that I got hooked on - Incredible place! :cool:

Bigfoot
25-06-2010, 15:13
:ashamed:

So much for just one visit :laugh:

I'm not even bothered about going on track. It's just the atmosphere of the whole town that I got hooked on - Incredible place! :cool:

Could agree more there, only go over there for 1 lap, my mate drove my car for one lap and then just relax and go round to the different areas for the rest, top place to go, and the views are just superb :)

robbie506
25-06-2010, 16:04
would love to go misses would kill me if i spent that much.

Big Steve - Raider
25-06-2010, 16:31
Greetings from Turkey :D

Millie & I are thinking of a cheeky ring trip on the weekend of 26th Sept?

I've mentioned it to a couple of the regulars & had some interest?

Can't make it to the RWS Hockenheim as we've got another weekend away planned that weekend.

Bigfoot
25-06-2010, 17:32

Can't make it to the RWS Hockenheim as we've got another weekend away planned that weekend.

Oo a birthday trip over there :D

The new Bill J
25-06-2010, 17:40
Oo a birthday trip over there :D

As much as I'd love to be over there for my B'Day weekend, I can't get any time off work at all in September :cry:

Big Steve - Raider
25-06-2010, 19:24
As much as I'd love to be over there for my B'Day weekend, I can't get any time off work at all in September :cry:

You lot will be on strike again by then Bill so no worries :laugh:

bod 182
25-06-2010, 19:36
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Cadwell park:smokin:

jesus in the seat of a 5
25-06-2010, 20:03

:agree: gets my vote too...:)

warpspeed
25-06-2010, 20:17
well i'm going to the 'ring 31st july-9th august, nd at mallory then cadwell on 18th aug so think i'm getting my fair share for this year :D
thinking about going to stelvio pass in italy next summer, the more the merrier :cool:

mr bean aka pete
25-06-2010, 22:45
i think we should do the new silverstone circuit as cadwell and brands and oulton allways come up in the year anyway would make a change todo a different track :)

car.crash
25-06-2010, 22:47

yeh im in for that or snetterton.

Lomo
25-06-2010, 22:50

Count me and the missus in if this goes ahead!!:agree:.....

AlexS
26-06-2010, 01:06
Easy there Mart. Ring always gets my vote. ;)

I'm there for 2nd-3rd Oct and then Spa 4th & 5th but would happily squeeze in another Autumn date.:cool:

Mart
26-06-2010, 07:54
Keep the votes coming :)

I didn't include Cadwell in the poll as I recall several people moaning previously that we've been there enough times as it is, and would like some variation.

Maybe we can squeeze an end of year visit in, if there's still enough interest then.

As for Silverstone, yep that's an option, but just to point out that most of the trackday companies are taking advantage of the new part of the circuit, knowing full well that everyone now wants to drive it, hence the current prices are reflecting that. But if that's the majority winner, I'll do what I can to get us a good discount.

Again though, like Cadwell, that might be worth looking into more as an end of year trackday.

Steve, shouldn't you be knocking back the 'wodka' & soaking up the rays rather than posting on here?! :D Could you guys not delay your Ring trip by a few weeks/month?

Penfold aka The Dealer
26-06-2010, 08:22
For me it would have to be a ring trip, I dont intend on going on track atm, but I wouldnt mind going for the ring to spectate etc.

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
26-06-2010, 08:46
Bimey, looking at the voting so far shows that we obviously have far too much money!!!! Heh! I know the Ring is a bit special....... But......
You spend alot on fuel to get there and back, hope for the best on insurance, accomodation, try not to bin it and pay the fees to have the Ring repaired and a relay home if you do........

A uk trackday well in advance would see alot of road cars, aswell as the elusive cup/coupe racers.......just my thoughts......

TrixNFlix
26-06-2010, 09:06
Bimey, looking at the voting so far shows that we obviously have far too much money!!!! Heh! I know the Ring is a bit special....... But......
You spend alot on fuel to get there and back, hope for the best on insurance, accomodation, try not to bin it and pay the fees to have the Ring repaired and a relay home if you do........

A uk trackday well in advance would see slot of road cars, aswell as the elusive cup/coupe racers.......just my thoughts......

:agree: the ring is far too much for people like me, so it's got to be a uk track for me.

Mart
01-07-2010, 08:57
24hr to go, and only 22 votes :crap:

Mart
01-07-2010, 08:59
A uk trackday well in advance would see alot of road cars, aswell as the elusive cup/coupe racers.......just my thoughts......

You reckon? From the numerous trackdays I've organised over the years, that's never been the case.

And going by the lack of votes in this thread/the poll, that doesn't look likely to change (read improve) any time soon...

clee
01-07-2010, 09:19
UK trackday is the winner though with 14 votes to 9 :coffee:
Overseas trips are just to expensive in terms of time and money for most members .

Mart
01-07-2010, 09:25
I agree, which is why it was put to the vote.

Nurburgring is actually winning at the mo though...

clee
01-07-2010, 09:28
:laugh:
I knew you'd say that .........loading the poll always helps ;)

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
01-07-2010, 09:37
You reckon? From the numerous trackdays I've organised over the years, that's never been the case.

And going by the lack of votes in this thread/the poll, that doesn't look likely to change (read improve) any time soon...

Yeah, rally the troops at the end of the race season, you would probably see a few cups/ racers.....I could do passenger rides for RTOC people, my workshop is next to Brands Hatch so am biased towards that circuit..... Also open for overnight repairs if needed.
Matt@codered

kayzee
01-07-2010, 09:44
Silverstone is where the RWS is this year isn't is... so I already plan on going there, therefore my vote is for Brands Hatch :D

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
01-07-2010, 10:15
Silverstone, Thruxton and Goodwood are great...... If you like hitting the rev limiter in top gear for the majority of the lap.....lydden is too expensive for what you get facility-wise (even more expensive now the Dorans run the place!!)
Matt5@codered