PDA

View Full Version : in need of a plumber

wolsty24
24-06-2010, 18:51
Hi all, im currently rebuilding a an f reg 5 and have just but then engine back in. Unfortuantly for me the car did not come with an engine so im starting from scratch, ive collected most of what i need just having trouble with the accelorator cable as the one on the car would connect to the carb from the drivers side but the fittings on the carb look like it should mount from the passenger side ? any pics would be helpfull. Also there is a pipe coming from a feed out of the turbo elbow, where does this go as mine has been blocked off with a screw ? any and all help is appreciated as im new to 5s, thanks steve.

SCHWARTZ
24-06-2010, 19:01
the pipe that comes out of the turbo is just part of the breather system. if you look for articles explaining the cup mod there should be some pix there to help you out.

HULK
24-06-2010, 19:07
This should solve the accelerator problem too

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=23&pictureid=962

wolsty24
24-06-2010, 19:16
ive looked at that pic before pal and it still doesnt make any sense, was the phase 1 different to a phase 2 ?

Os8472
24-06-2010, 21:00
yeah by alot, I take it yours is a ph1 then?

wolsty24
24-06-2010, 21:14
bugger, must be. I take it just buying a phase 2 cable and fitting it to the linkage already on the carb would be a no go ?

Matt Cole
24-06-2010, 21:23
Italy's finest!:D

wolsty24
24-06-2010, 21:41
????

HULK
24-06-2010, 22:14
steven could you put a pic up of your carb accelerator linkage???

HULK
24-06-2010, 22:26
The accelerator cable does not connect to the carb itself, on your ph2 f reg should come from the drivers side bulk head run across the top of the one way valves on the inlet and connect to a 'swinging arm' which is pivoted to a bracket on the inlet.

now the top of the arm should look like a tiny ball, the v small metal cable with a grey plastic cup clips onto that ball that is attatched to the carb, this piece of the carb is tensioned by a spring that clips to another bractet on the inlet at the drivers side

Shane P
24-06-2010, 23:04
The accelerator cable does not connect to the carb itself, on your ph2 f reg should come from the drivers side bulk head run across the top of the one way valves on the inlet and connect to a 'swinging arm' which is pivoted to a bracket on the inlet.

now the top of the arm should look like a tiny ball, the v small metal cable with a grey plastic cup clips onto that ball that is attatched to the carb, this piece of the carb is tensioned by a spring that clips to another bractet on the inlet at the drivers side

Mine is much simpler then that? On my G plate the throttle cable comes out of the black thick sheathing and attaches directly to the carb, the sheathing sits in a V clamp which is attached to the back of the inlet manifold.