PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this gtt

James5
21-06-2010, 23:34
Been down to cosham this eve and picked up a phase 2 gtt in red reg F940 HRR car is structrally sound but needs some/ alot of bodywork tlc mainly both doors needs replacing, and some rear under light bodykit covers and a fecking good T Cut to bring the red out. Engine seems ok at present but needs a good tidy up of the hoses and the wiring is fecking shocking:eek:.

She came with 11 months MOT and 6 months Tax so a bonus.

Before we even left to get it home I had to do some coolant pipe re-routing as I didn't like the way the pipes and some wires were actually sitting on the hotside of the turbo:eek: as it was being driven back on a 2 hour drive.

Car made it home to discover oill drain rubber pipe had split and obviously leaking, so sorted that out on a temp fix for now but requires a new or a decent 2nd hand 90 degree rubber bend.

Anyone got any background on this 5?

James5
22-06-2010, 11:45
Couple of pics of the ole Dog

James5
22-06-2010, 11:47
Has just had a recent H/G change that was down to a faulty top rad hose stat, which was still in the car, I tested it and it is defo not working. Also gave the coolant system a good flush through aswell as still mayo in the coolant system.

If anyone knows the history of this car or any info let me know.

Cheers James

5alldaway
22-06-2010, 11:51
i had a look at that on ebay, how much did you get it for in the end?

James5
22-06-2010, 12:32
i had a look at that on ebay, how much did you get it for in the end?

To much :laugh: got it for £960 in the end with 11 months MOT and 6 months tax, did try to haggle but it's on the otuside that's a dog i removed some of the boydkit and all looked good in the usal suspect places and both side sills looked very good.

Looks much better in the pics she is more orange than red, and had quiet a few bad dings in both doors, it's missing a few things like parcel shelf, OE jack and leather case, it has some horrible 165/55 tyres fitted to the OE speedlines. :( apart from that it's all there just needs a good tidy up and re-sorting of the all the engine hoses and re-wiring in the engine bay as all the relays seem to have been bypassed and various wires bare and hanging all over the place.

benj88
22-06-2010, 12:56
Red 5s are realy growing on me :agree:, what's your plans James?

James5
22-06-2010, 13:21
Red 5s are realy growing on me :agree:, what's your plans James?
]

It's my neighbours car so to be honest plans are for to get it running properly for now and general service of it and then when his money allows him he will be stripping interiort out, re-spray, and a change of wheels and sorting the suspension out as it sits so high when next to my 5 :laugh:

Personally i don't like red 5's, in fact the only red 5 I like is Phil's aka Philr5t but his is not OE red but the newer Ferrari Corsa red

benj88
22-06-2010, 14:01
]

I have purchased it for my neighbour on a loan (he is paying me tonight as he is just awaiting wage's and yes i trust him) so to be honest his plans are for me to get it running properly for now and general service of it and then when his money allows him he will be stripping interiort out, re-spray, and a change of wheels and sorting the suspension out as it sits so high when next to my 5 :laugh:

Personally i don't like red 5's, in fact the only red 5 I like is Phil's aka Philr5t but his is not OE red but the newer Ferrari Corsa red

Orite cool, yeh if I bought one I'd paint it a different red, I quite like the a4 s-line red, phils is a great example of a red 5

and I think most 5s look high next to yours mate lol

James5
22-06-2010, 16:55
Orite cool, yeh if I bought one I'd paint it a different red, I quite like the a4 s-line red, phils is a great example of a red 5

and I think most 5s look high next to yours mate lol

I'll try and get a pic of the 5's together tonight to show the height differences :laugh:

James5
05-07-2010, 14:50
Can't believe I saw this car back in Horsham last year and now it's next door
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=11766

Cheers for the brief background Steve:agree: