PDA

View Full Version : Followers of FWD drag, first 9sec in the UK

Scoff
19-06-2010, 20:06
Today CPL racing with their Honda civic ran 9.91 @ 149mph, officially the first 9 sec pass made by an FWD car in the UK. A bit sickening for those seeking that title, but amazing to see none the less. :)

Markey Mark (BD)
19-06-2010, 20:22
Christ, the goal post has certainly been moved up abit! :eek:
Knocking on the door of 150mph too!

TNT ANDY
19-06-2010, 20:37
Holly Shamolly - not 9.99, not 9.98, not 9.97, not 9.96, not 9.95, not 9.94, not 9.93, not 9.92 - but 9.91

Don't know what to say - simply amazing.

Rob@Backyardracing
19-06-2010, 22:33
Well done to CPL... im sure hes over the moon by that pass, i know hes been flapping recently with all the fast ESC cars around and not much he can do with the 1039kg weight limit hes in (which he aint even at either)....

So scoff how many passes in the 9s did he do... was the MSA 1% record rule applied on the day...:p;).. theres my spanner in the works...

Spooky
19-06-2010, 22:36
You're not that far behind Scoff :p

That Civic is an awesome machine :agree:

Scoff
19-06-2010, 22:52
You're not that far behind Scoff :p

That Civic is an awesome machine :agree:

I wasn't, but I am now ! Thats another tenth or more to catch, which is a lot.

When I was down the day before his car sounded incredible, definately pulled something out of the bag. He's jumped nearly 10mph over his HKS round passes only a month ago where he blew the engine. Perhaps he saw that as opertunity to build a better motor because he was scared that TDI north and others were getting close.

Rob, I'm not sure about the 1% rule but I don't think anyone will question it. I would love to see the slip, hopefully he'll upload it like the last.

Rob@Backyardracing
19-06-2010, 23:04
I wasn't, but I am now ! Thats another tenth or more to catch, which is a lot.

When I was down the day before his car sounded incredible, definately pulled something out of the bag. He's jumped nearly 10mph over his HKS round passes only a month ago where he blew the engine. Perhaps he saw that as opertunity to build a better motor because he was scared that TDI north and others were getting close.

Rob, I'm not sure about the 1% rule but I don't think anyone will question it. I would love to see the slip, hopefully he'll upload it like the last.

Guy has about 3 spare engines all of the same spec so when it failed he wasnt that bothered, he was trapping at 147mph last year but he must have detuned as i noticed he was back on 4 x 1200cc inj... normaly its 8 im sure, but hes defo dropped down the power for the first two rounds this year.. but i know hes been awaiting a new mani too..

Its allready posted up by Rick C over on Santa pod so i cant see that rule being used, ill just anoy him at next event about it after a few beers :D...

rs250nut
21-06-2010, 19:57
Guy has about 3 spare engines all of the same spec so when it failed he wasnt that bothered, he was trapping at 147mph last year but he must have detuned as i noticed he was back on 4 x 1200cc inj... normaly its 8 im sure, but hes defo dropped down the power for the first two rounds this year.. but i know hes been awaiting a new mani too..

Its allready posted up by Rick C over on Santa pod so i cant see that rule being used, ill just anoy him at next event about it after a few beers :D...

I would love to own one fully built k20 let alone three :crap:. That car must be making a few ponies, 4 1200cc injectors have got to be good for 900+hp:cool: You got your B18 yet Rob?

Rob@Backyardracing
21-06-2010, 20:12
Just to back the 9 sec run up he bagged another 9s run the next day on sunday... No b18 yet mate.. havnt done much at all with our car, jap show in two weeks aswell and still got all our issues.. :wasntme:....

Rob@Backyardracing
21-06-2010, 23:34
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCGkNTz34M