PDA

View Full Version : Silicone hoses

bricknall345
18-06-2010, 15:48
Silicone hoses on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-5-GT-turbo-silicone-hose-kit-Package-15pcs-/280298335133?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4143152b9d Worth buying? Anyone bought them from here?

Sy5GTT
18-06-2010, 16:24
http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=2791

:agree:

J$£5GTT
18-06-2010, 18:08
had silicone hoses for a few yrs now and have to say i think the oe ones are way better,samco need to sort out the hoses in respect to the areas that wear out on various engine part locations,oe ones had a hard plastic protector in place around these areas,who does the reasearch????,pants!!! aftermarket ones dont,also the bleed nipples are poo to compared to the oe ones..

:)

Bass J
19-06-2010, 15:25
ive baught the ones linked above on ebay ...my bleed nipples both leaked ..so i put the standard hoses with the bleed nipples back on :(

dangerous dave
19-06-2010, 15:35
the rest might be ok but don't touch the water ones.. samcos or sfs are fine, mine were never a problem, better than old oe's.. samco oil hoses go a funny colour over time and the oil drain one gets ruined after a few years of uber hot oil going through it..

i'd seek out some samco water hoses and buy the rest of the set in the same colour cheap ones minus the boost hoses as i dont need them..

in the end they all turn to sh1t and id there a pretty colour they look old before there time if you dont keep ontop of them.. go black if you can..:)

benj88
19-06-2010, 16:54
Can you stil get new oe hoses? Boost? Carb? Breather etc? I think I want to make my bay look more original again :D

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-06-2010, 16:57
Can you stil get new oe hoses? Boost? Carb? Breather etc? I think I want to make my bay look more original again :D

Yeh you can, although the pipes dont seem to have the webbing over them anymore

scott 5gtt
19-06-2010, 17:26

my mate gave me his yellow hoses cos he hated cleaning them all the time and got these samco retro hoses that look original and they do look good up close :smokin:

Yellow
19-06-2010, 17:33
I have said hoses on my car appart from matrix and bottom rad hoses being a tad to long and needing a slight trim also bleed screws did leak but after tightning them up with aflat screw driver in the bottom bit to hold still then just a slight nip with a 13 mm spanner no more leakage. Only went for these as I bought my car with no engine hence no hoses and didn't have the funds for a full set of samcos but so far no probs. Suppose it depends how fussy you are about having samco writen on them. ;)

benj88
19-06-2010, 17:59
Yeh you can, although the pipes dont seem to have the webbing over them anymore

Yeh iv seen them before and noticed that, were would I get these hoses from Renault?

benj88
19-06-2010, 18:04
I have said hoses on my car appart from matrix and bottom rad hoses being a tad to long and needing a slight trim also bleed screws did leak but after tightning them up with aflat screw driver in the bottom bit to hold still then just a slight nip with a 13 mm spanner no more leakage. Only went for these as I bought my car with no engine hence no hoses and didn't have the funds for a full set of samcos but so far no probs. Suppose it depends how fussy you are about having samco writen on them. ;)

Yeh I bought mine second hand but was intrestead in these when I seen them, Briggsy has them on his van and he said there spot on, you can get them in black I mite invest! Wonder how long it takes to get them there from china arnt they?

Yellow
19-06-2010, 18:35
I got mine off mike phase 1 16v turbo, I know he had a couple sets at one point but think mine were the last ones he had so didn't have to wait however long it would take to get them. I'm wiv brigsy mine were spot on after tightning the bleed nipple.

bricknall345
21-06-2010, 14:13
Cheers for the replys peeps. Was intending buyin samco boost hoses in the first place, gona get the water ones from samco too after what i'v heard. Think i'll get away using the samcos and cheep full set for a wile.

bigdavec1974
21-06-2010, 17:37
Ive had some best part of a year or so, think i bid about 130 quid and they excepted. not sure on the price now. As said the bleed nipple were real crap but 130 for the rest still seemed a bargin. They look nice and the quality seems good enough.

hope it helped.

dave